Currently Spinning

Some bluegrass? The Steeldrivers - 'The Muscle Shoals Recordings' not heard this album yet but big fan of their last 3 records. Got a bargain on their debut album vinyl last week which is in the post somewhere right now so I figured it's a good time to check out this album since it's in Master quality too.

91nEAQyVsYL._SS500_.jpg

Edited by SkipEsquire
Syntax -.-
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, betocool said:

image.png.a733bf433d350f8a8591e5790623ff4d.png

Got it finally.

It is, in my mind, a beautiful record.

Now I'll sit down and hold my breath until Mr. Lynne announces his 2020 Australia Tour. Shouldn't take long... Any minute now...

Cheers,

Alberto

I am envious.    Mine might arrive just before they do the Aussie tour ?   

I ordered from amazon au and as soon as it was released, they had no stk, they said I could wait for 2 - 3 months - hmm no thanks

Then ordered from amazon usa,  it shipped via Fastway and never arrived.   I had to wait til Nov 28 before they would ship me a replacement.  

Replacement sent last night and due Dec 9.        At least they refunded the entire amount,  so I will end up getting it for nix.

I guess, a Xmas present. 

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

Yesterday

Johann Sebastian Bach - Henryk Szeryng ‎– 6 Sonaten Und Partiten Für Violine Solo BWV 1001-1006
Nicole Willis & Umo Jazz Orchestra ‎– My Name Is Nicole Willis
Angel Bat Dawid ‎– The Oracle
Neutral Milk Hotel ‎– In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds ‎– Ghosteen
The Art Ensemble Of Chicago ‎– Tutankhamun

20191129_190757.thumb.jpg.04d89606596989140e9b8a975c20f77c.jpg

• Like 5

A bit of various stuff earlier, but started listening properly to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds with Push The Sky Away.  Yep, that sounded about right.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSySgpWU789nBZvHo2BZaE

Then something completely different to that, but just as good, Run The Jewels 2.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA94M20WiBlgpkucaI7Ui

Hmm.  I may have started playing RTJ3.  That wasn't supposed to happen.  Oh the bass!  :oops:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, metal beat said:

I am envious.    Mine might arrive just before they do the Aussie tour ?   

I ordered from amazon au and as soon as it was released, they had no stk, they said I could wait for 2 - 3 months - hmm no thanks

Then ordered from amazon usa,  it shipped via Fastway and never arrived.   I had to wait til Nov 28 before they would ship me a replacement.  

Replacement sent last night and due Dec 9.        At least they refunded the entire amount,  so I will end up getting it for nix.

I guess, a Xmas present. 

For this particular record, release in Oz was a regular pain. Not one of the Aus online resellers or JB Hifi had it in stock on the 1st of November. The moment JB Hifi announced delivery, I jumped. Too bad here in Perth the smaller shops don't bring this in either.

Bit of a rant, that's all. Hope that the EC's Crossroad LP's arrive all in time, will do a nice box under the Xmas tree.

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 2