Currently Spinning

I was listening to this and track 11 has been Stingified.

R-3421041-1330119650.jpeg.jpg

It's a process that makes everything sound like "If you love somebody set them free".

So I reached to the CD shelves and found a couple of useful compilations:

R-914420-1267649505.jpeg.jpg

this one is by the composer.

This one is where the band make the song their own

R-492558-1122749381.jpg.jpg

in fact, one of the finest examples of reshaping a cover version to be found in rock music.

Mr Sting's version has now flown from my mind.

• Like 3

80's inspired synthwave sensation "The Midnight". Loving the vibe they create of dark neon lit soundscapes. So much so i've just purchased there discography on vinyl.

THEMIDNIGHT.BANDCAMP.COM

7 track album

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, awayward said:

How do you find these 2009 German remasters compared to first pressings?

The only first pressings of AC/DC I have heard are my own US copy of "For Those About To Rock" and a mates "Back In Black" back in my ag college days in his dorm room blasting out of his huge Cerwin Vega speakers. That sounded amazing but hardly fit for a comparison 38 years apart?....but the old "For Those" sounds quite similar to the new remastered Back In Black.....so I am quite impressed with the German pressed George Marino remasters!

As if to confirm my last post?.....AC/DC "For Those About To Rock" US 1st pressing. Immediate impression, albeit a different album to BIB but same producer, would be the remasters have had an adjustment to slightly increase bass punch and maybe some treble tinkering.....but this first pressing does sound good!?

https://discobole.gr/images/detailed/123/AC_DC_FOR_THOSE_ABOUT_TO_ROCK.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevoz said:

The only first pressings of AC/DC I have heard are my own US copy of "For Those About To Rock" and a mates "Back In Black" back in my ag college days in his dorm room blasting out of his huge Cerwin Vega speakers. That sounded amazing but hardly fit for a comparison 38 years apart?....but the old "For Those" sounds quite similar to the new remastered Back In Black.....so I am quite impressed with the German pressed George Marino remasters!

Ok thanks, I’ll see what google has to say about the best AC/DC pressings.

8 minutes ago, awayward said:

Ok thanks, I’ll see what google has to say about the best AC/DC pressings.

Cool.?

One thing I will say about this US !st pressing of "FTATR" is it is noisy.....a very un-US pressing like rumble is clearly audible between tracks.....the 2009 German pressings are definitely quieter.

23 hours ago, stevoz said:

AC/DC "Back In Black" 2009 remaster, German pressing.

https://img.discogs.com/_jUGELjy5HMO-369_cIDKjhv_Hc=/fit-in/600x591/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-1949857-1409730882-9422.jpeg.jpg

Hey Steve.  Doing a little surfing for this one at the moment.  On discogs right now.  Just wondering how you ascertain that it's a German pressing?  I'm looking at the 2009 Marino remaster, but discogs only has it listed as made in the E.U.

Cheers Man.

Spinning a NM copy of LRB's self titled debut, Oz 1984 EMI 'Maxicut' reissue? which arrived in the mail today.

https://img.discogs.com/3iQIEKwDm--CuAa-Ms41mdKPjbM=/fit-in/595x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(90)/discogs-images/R-2553739-1378774074-9116.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Little-River-Band-Little-River-Band/release/2553739

Although I'd much prefer this cover (which came on the Oz cassette and one of the '75 Oz LP reissues....there were three issues in '75 alone, after sales of this album soared....then two more, 1984 and 2016.)?

https://img.discogs.com/94fsNHiBu64xbA7T86dwI2H9hCw=/fit-in/300x300/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():quality(40)/discogs-images/R-2287152-1322694989.jpeg.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

A bit more Oz Rock/Metal...

Heaven  'Twilight of Mischief'  1982 Deluxe Records and Tapes, RCA Aust.

1545519198_HeavenTwilightofMischief1982DeluxeRecordsandTapesRCAAust.JPG.81254bde5a284050c46d5c941f92eef1.JPG

A fantastic sounding record from the band who opened for Maiden's 'Beast on the Road' 1982 - Sydney gig at least.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Steve.  Doing a little surfing for this one at the moment.  On discogs right now.  Just wondering how you ascertain that it's a German pressing?  I'm looking at the 2009 Marino remaster, but discogs only has it listed as made in the E.U.

Cheers Man.

Pressed By  Optimal Media Production – B958453

optimal is in Germany. :thumb:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Cheers Man.

@metal beat is correct Ant..... and they are pretty good pressings.?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1