Currently Spinning

Morning All,

43 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Morning Lads.

'Tis a little unusual to get in before JanJuc's morning ambience. 

Had a sleep in until 8am ? but for a change this morning listening to Tomita, Firebird Suite

Firebird.jpg.df6b34a8bc8f5823ec725d6edeeedbe6.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

Detailing all the taps and faucets this morning.  

Keeping the Metal flowing with a new one from...

Amon Amarth  'Berserker'  2019 Metal Blade Records.

231698943_AmonAmarthBerserker2019MetalBladeRecords.jpg.365ad1c912723d99780c2de1e34dd51a.jpg

A bit o' Viking, Melodic Death Metal.

Next up...  Aussie, Melodic Death Metal...

Be'lakor  'Vessels'  2016 Napalm Records.

1275599909_BelakorVessels2016NapalmRecords..jpg.ffb9dc201d81799792201662e7d24edb.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Morning Lads.

'Tis a little unusual to get in before JanJuc's morning ambience.  Thought I would shake things up with a little Metal.  Another double post from the Metal thread for those who don't venture there...

Now working weekends in the kitchen, I normally have my weekend early in the week.

... a recommendation by Aussie, Death Metal band Ne Obliviscaris (rated highly by many on the Metal thread), on Bandcamp...

Alkaloid  'Liquid Anatomy'  2018 Season of Mist.

1501553340_AlkaloidLiquidAnatomy2018SeasonofMist..jpg.e96df5bce090c08964875a4d05e08815.jpg

Posted here because it's a very well produced, forward thinking, refined example of Technical, Progressive, Death Metal.  If you ever wanted to find out why we love Metal so much, would like to dabble but don't quite know where to begin, this is an awesome album.

Be WARNED, it is extreme and does have clean and harsh vocals, not everyone's cup o' tea I know.  But it's progressive in the sense that there's nothing new here, but how they've structured their sound and elements is very unique and impressive.

Featuring members of many other highly regarded Metal bands.  See full review on the Metal thread if you dare.

Just had my first listen after purchasing yesterday, about to start again, very unusual for me.

Highly recommended.  @Tubularbells  @Darren69  @awayward  @08Boss302  @Davo1972  @Satanica  @deanB  @Monk

https://alkaloidsom.bandcamp.com/album/liquid-anatomy

I'm listening now from Spotify and am impressed so far.

The music and the vocals and the production are all good.

Have you heard their first album?

Edited by Satanica

Hey @Satanica, no man I haven't heard it.  I posted a review on the Metal thread by a dude on AngreyMetalGuy, he mentioned the first album was very good, but revealed a few things after repeated listens which he feels they have sorted out on 'Liquid Anatomy'.

I've had two 'at volume' listens this morning and really like it, will def. check out the first.

• Like 1

Snakefinger, an amazing guitarist, love that Vestal Virgins album. Way back he was Phil Lithman, started playin' blues in Chilli Willie and the Red Hot Peppers around 1972. (you can find some of their tunes on youtube) Besides his work with the Residents anyone doubting his blues chops take a listen to this live album from 1984!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakefinger

Snakefinger's History of the Blues: Live in Europe

on vinyl 1984

https://www.discogs.com/Snakefinger-Snakefingers-History-Of-The-Blues-Live-In-Europe/master/622807

rerelease extended version on cd 2013

https://www.discogs.com/Snakefinger-Snakefingers-History-Of-The-Blues-Live-In-Europe/master/622807

here's the extended version!

• Like 2

Hi All,

1 hour ago, stevoz said:

:rofl

Tis true, usually up at about 7am, unless I am playing golf ?️‍♂️ then it is before 6am ?

Currently listening to The Moody Blues, Days Of Future Passed

DOFP.jpg.341f84986abcdf111b3ef41d41dfdacf.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ollie_08 said:

The Teskey Brothers - Run Home Slow
After enjoying thier first release, purchased thier 2nd today. More of the same soul and blues by this talented local outfitemoji108.png IMG20190820152758.jpeg

I didn't like it as much as the first one. it's more of a Stax sound than the first album

• Like 2

Hey @metal beat, thanks again.  I have 'Kid A', 'OK Computer' and 'Hail to the Thief' on CD, picked up in the Mountain Op Shop before I left Qld.

I've had a copy of 'In Rainbows' on CD for a few years, love that one.

I have never heard 'The Bends' nor 'Amnesiac' though.

At this stage, I think 'Kid A' is my favourite, will probably pick up that vinyl first.

I wasn't sure which pressings to look out for.

Cheers Mate.

Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1

To Top