Currently Spinning

Hi All,

Started the day as usual with some ambient, today by Endless Melancholy

399853395_SoftStepsEndlessMelancholy.jpg.c47bf25c02bce2633e9e6b4e3ef87020.jpg

Now just back from a last few hours in Kyoto before heading back to Tokyo overnight then Narita to head back home. Having a listen to what is my favourite Nick Drake album from his short 26 years.

Nick.jpg.e07fedffac32b5f480f82b65c34ecf3d.jpg

JJ

• Like 6

I just bought this and this is about the 3rd listen

Actually half listening but after a long period of time (14 minute song)I had to stop and listen

Great music especially Richards guitar but it’s a killer band

If you have a computer hooked up to your stereo well worth Spotifying it

image.jpg

• Like 1

Abit of vol required as an arvo pick me up.   

Shinedown - Attention, Attention. 

Singer Brent Smith still has a stunning rock voice.    They can belt out a grand olde metal anthem.

Regards Cazzesman

220px-Attention_Attention.png

Wednesday twilight trifecta. First was  The Jam's Beat Surrender, Brian Eno's Lux second, and now onto Pink Floyd's Animals for third. 

15573030742618458226997822756455.jpg

• Like 2

Hi All,

Back in Tokyo for the second last day of our Japan trip, train travel was very easy, so listening to something to relax to prior to going out to dinner.

Ambient2.jpg.c672fce95ae2258560ad9023fbf1c6e2.jpg

JJ

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Felt like something heavy to listen to this afternoon, but nothing I listened to really was quite 'it'.  Just couldn't find that sound I was looking for unfortunately.  Oh well, gave up and went with Fantômas.  Not that that's a bad thing, heavy enough in places, plus some of the lighter stuff that I was probably also needing.

71NjEKdZ8aL._SY355_.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monk said:

Felt like something heavy to listen to this afternoon, but nothing I listened to really was quite 'it'.  Just couldn't find that sound I was looking for unfortunately.  Oh well, gave up and went with Fantômas.  Not that that's a bad thing, heavy enough in places, plus some of the lighter stuff that I was probably also needing.

71NjEKdZ8aL._SY355_.jpg

Fond memories of reading this in the mid-80's. The master detective vs the master criminal. Published in 1915, it's still an enjoyable read.

9780143104841.jpeg

• Like 3

Unforscene - Fingers And Thumbs 

Brothers Will and Benji Bower together with colleague Ben Muscat release their fourth album in total and their first on the innovative Tru-Thoughts label. It is a fine label debut jam packed as it is with gems ranging from cinematic jazz through to soul, funk, hip-hop, blues and electronic. This variety of genres works well across a double CD package where the length does not diminish the quality of music on offer.

After exploring a reasonably chilling first half which includes the rare groove Alice Russell vocalised 'Don't you worry' and the soulful two steppin' 'See the Light' featuring the distinctive vocals of J Todd the second half becomes more dance oriented. Here broken beats mix with brass and electronic funk with some regularity. No more better illustrated than on 'Fkovski' and the jazzier 'In pursuit of' which is a throwback to the jazz-funk days of the Crusaders.

The eclecticism of the album might not appeal to all as how many would expect to hear 'Alright' an acoustic led hazily sung jazz influenced track after the fresh rap of 'Let it Ride' featuring Epcot. But it is not just the synching of the tracks that surprises for even in some of the individual tracks there is a diversity of styles. The closing track on the album's first CD 'The Journey' epitomises the theme of the album as it takes us from a full cinematic orchestral outing into a jazzy groove with relative ease and not some surprise!

It's as if the trio are challenging us to explore this diversity with them safe in the knowledge that along the way we will uncover some real gems and we do!
An album of undoubted merit and the best thing to come out of the city of Bristol since the SS Great Britain!

images - 2019-05-09T091901.904.jpeg

• Like 1

David J ‎– Crocodile Tears And The Velvet Cosh. late 2018 reissue and first time on vinyl since its release in 1985. They have done a wonderful job on this - sq is v good and pressing is excellent. well worth getting. David J has the most amazing smooth english gentleman's voice.

[IMG]

Classic old school this evening.

That Bonzo can go abit !!!!

As one critic said of the CD......... John Bonham hits his drums like he’s tunneling a hole through space and time;

Ain't it the truth. ?

Regards Cazzesman

GUEST_84367a37-2d65-45d8-9437-60cc9604e700.jpg

Us_(Original)_-_Peter_Gabriel.jpg

Gabriel - Us

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 5

To Top