Currently Spinning

Can't remember if this was a recommendation from here, or from someone's collection on Bandcamp, but either way it's a damn decent stoner rock album with a bit of doom and psychedelic (kind of) thrown in in small doses.  

a3710654887_16.jpg

https://jagerblaster.bandcamp.com/album/introspecta

And Alaskan Tapes has a new album out as well.  Nice.

a1146333819_16.jpg

https://alaskantapes.bandcamp.com/album/millions-2

And I wish I'd bought the new Pelican album last night, because I'm sure when I saw it, it had a buy now link on it.  It was back pre-order this morning with only the one song playable ha.  I did think it a bit strange they had all tracks available when it wasn't released until June.  Oh well.

• Like 2

And currently spinning another recent purchase with ELKO FIELDS.  Another local band I hadn't heard of until I saw them live.  They kicked arse supporting Alice In Chains.  Looking forward to their next album.  

Scuzzy rock two-piece from Brisbane

Yeah, that sounds about right.  They've certainly got some energy.  :yes:

a2686583855_16.jpg

https://elkofields.bandcamp.com/album/elko-fields

Evening Lads.  Has been a while, with a full on week at work.

Getting a few of the Oz Rock albums cleaned up with a glue peel...

Midnight Oil  'Head Injuries'  1979 CBS Records, Aust. Warner Bros. Aust.                    INXS  'Shabooh Shoobah'  1982 WEA Records, Aust. Warner Comm.

2094549098_MidnightOilHeadInjuries1979CBSRecordsAust.WarnerBros_Aust_x750.jpg.508235a69452e5c5eaacb035c61743a0.jpg531739418_INXSShaboohShoobah1982WEARecordsAust.WarnerComm_x750.jpg.ef3f5905d1b82bd73c4d8a709959c3b6.jpg

I see Dilettaneque played this one recently.  Great album in great nic.                         ...and Stevoz played this.. good but not as good condition, a bit crackly.   

V.Spy V.Spy  'A.O. Mod. TV. Vers.'  1986 Warner Bros. Music. WEA  Records, Aust.       'Choirboys'  Self Titled  1983 Albert Prod. Aust. EMI Records, Aust.

1128906945_VSpyVSpyXenophobiaWhy1988WEARecordsAust.WarnerComm_x750.jpg.bd34fbd58c1aee325e8a802a213292ff.jpg2004001_ChoirboysSelfTitled1983AlbertProd_Aust.EMIRecordsAust_x750.jpg.d136d1a6fde4925799efb47ddefaf38d.jpg

...these two take me back to so many live gigs, always liked the themes and lyrics of VSpy VSpy, and watched Chroirboys move from a solid pub/club band to the big time (for a while at least).  These two are also in great shape.

I never really listened to Midnight Oil back in the day, but love hearing them now and have most on vinyl.  It wasn't hard for me to recognise the power house drumming of Rob Hirst.

Good to catch up again.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 5

Listening to this cover version

which I really like

And then this

No comparison really

And then this country music version

Sublime Hillbilly singing 

Great songs can’t be confined to genres

All they need is a great singer and the song speaks for itself

0AC9E3F7-0A70-4622-B94C-B2C542A96F77.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream & Other Delights Re-Whipped

images (79).jpeg

Ha,

I have the vinyl version of this, I actually like his music, have a couple of records from him

• Like 1

Bill might enjoy lunch with Australia’s richest man

But I would rather be at this one

George looks impeccable but a close inspection shows him wearing a holstered six gun

Not sure what that imagery means

Maybe it’s in the record title

Or nothing

Just a good idea at the time

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

A Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-la-la Band - Kollaps Tradixionales

My daughter just agreed to me curating the music for her 21st party tonight.  I am not sure if she as aware of the potential consequences.

Image result for A Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-la-la Band - Kollaps Tradixionales

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 1