Currently Spinning

15 minutes ago, metal beat said:

?

and the album .......

Image result for samantha fox touch me album

Do you think Samantha knows she's got a cute bum?

Edited by Me2also
  • Like 1

PAUL SIMON: GRACELAND. 

I know this album was flogged to within an inch of its life by all and sundry for quite a few years, but now the dust has settled, it's a fine contribution, to me.

IMG_20190403_181817.jpg

Edited by Me2also
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, stevoz said:

I am guilty yes but it still sounds great. However, last night and today I have been in the sweet spot and of course, it's much better. In fact, it's so good with the system now sounding better than ever before, I'll be doing it a lot more.....

I knew I was missing out by being at my laptop and the truth is, I spend too much time at my laptop!

You'll also be happy to know, I've been removing the dustcover while playing LP's.? Do I think it sounds better? All I can say is that I love what I'm hearing....there has been a few changes lately, so they're all contributing to improved SQ but I am going to keep the lid off.....

Today's 'sweet spot' LP's were.....

Image result for supertramp brother where you bound
Image result for nothing like the sun sting
Related image
Image result for the nightfly donald fagen

....and one other SQ favourite, a Dutch 1st pressing of an album I shall not name to avoid my shame?.....but anyone can have a guess.? It just sounds so good and it sounded truly amazing today.?

The Sting album is really cool and it sounds great as well, have had  several copies and still prefer my Oz one

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keyse1 said:

What’s that like

Acoustic or rock

One of my many favourite records that I’ve since the early 70’s

Onl released on CD a few years ago

I think he has retired now

image.jpg

RE: Leisure Suite. Not bad; acoustic & rock, a bit of both, I prefer Paradise with an ocean view over this album though.

• Like 1

Neneh Cherry - Blank Project

A journey in minimalism and electronica with rocketnumbernine.

A review from Tony Naylor of Resident Advisor.

Who is Neneh Cherry? That's what many younger music fans will be asking, and it's a question to which there is no easy answer. The step-daughter of jazz musician Don Cherry, Neneh was born in Sweden and spent much of her early life in New York, but always seemed very London (where she later lived for 20 years). She was part of the post-punk group Rip Rig + Panic before morphing, in the '80s, into a streetwise antidote to Madonna (her "Buffalo Stance" is one of that era's great pop-dance tracks). A precursor to female MCs such as M.I.A., she has collaborated with everyone from Youssou N'Dour and Gorillaz to avant-garde riot-jazz trio The Thing. In short, Cherry is a genuine bohemian, a creative one-off who moves easily between pop and experimental music, bringing not just her idiosyncratic vocals—she's in turns a rapper, street soul diva and punk shrieker—but an ineffable cool to her every project. 

Blank Project may be Cherry's first "solo" album in 17 years, but she never stopped making music, and she clearly has a knack for finding the right people to work with. The album was produced by Kieran Hebden, and is fundamentally a collaboration with Ben and Tom Page, AKA RocketNumberNine. Purveyors of an often manic melange of afrojazz, post-rock and techno, the Page brothers prove the perfect foil for Cherry, as they switch between the stripped-back beat poetry of opener "Across The Water" and the title track's aggro soundclash of trashed drums and awesome bass. 

Blank Project was recorded in just five days, in a (pretty successful) bid to retain its raw immediacy. Its best tracks are toweringly good. On "Spit Three Times," restrained and brooding pads are a sensitive fit for Cherry's tales of love as a dangerous mania. The closer "Everything" is a delirious take on elegiac, Zomby-ish bass music. The album's key track, "Weightless," trumps both. Propelled by a heavy, distorted bassline and a clanging cowbell, and later pivoting around a tense, bleeping breakdown (Cherry's cantering vocal is almost a rhythm track in its own right), it evokes both the muscular punk-funk of Spektrum and Cherry's one-time mentors, The Slits. Lyrically, this may be the work of a 49 year-old woman, with its ruminations on family, married life and paying the bills, but, in terms of its energy and sheer lust for life, it could not sound fresher.

1554287609239209149624.jpg

• Like 5

R-11151221-1511905672-3560.jpg.bb7dcd1472c39ee48e0217673261a48a.jpg

I've been listening to a bit of Glen Campbell recently, and then moved on to this to hear Johnny Cash's take on some of his best.

The version of Wichita Lineman on this boxset is just sublime, and a nice touch is Gentle on My Mind with both Cash and Campbell.

This is one of the best sets I own - everything about this is pretty close to perfect - the music , the sound quality, the pressings, etc

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, stevoz said:

I am guilty yes but it still sounds great. However, last night and today I have been in the sweet spot and of course, it's much better. In fact, it's so good with the system now sounding better than ever before, I'll be doing it a lot more.....

I knew I was missing out by being at my laptop and the truth is, I spend too much time at my laptop!

You'll also be happy to know, I've been removing the dustcover while playing LP's.? Do I think it sounds better? All I can say is that I love what I'm hearing....there has been a few changes lately, so they're all contributing to improved SQ but I am going to keep the lid off.....

Today's 'sweet spot' LP's were.....

Image result for supertramp brother where you bound
Image result for nothing like the sun sting
Related image
Image result for the nightfly donald fagen

....and one other SQ favourite, a Dutch 1st pressing of an album I shall not name to avoid my shame?.....but anyone can have a guess.? It just sounds so good and it sounded truly amazing today.?

Hi Steve,

A very good brace of LPs there, I am starting the day with Alaskan Tapes

AlaskanTapes.jpg.2d231aa1676afb2b26daaf660877b9f0.jpg

JJ

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi Steve,

A very good brace of LPs there, I am starting the day with Alaskan Tapes

AlaskanTapes.jpg.2d231aa1676afb2b26daaf660877b9f0.jpg

JJ

They appear to have become a consistent favourite (says the man who has also enjoyed the moment in time when you could buy all their Bandcamp catalogue for something like the price of 3 Sydney coffees) :)

• Like 1

Just now, Dilettanteque said:

They appear to have become a consistent favourite (says the man who has also enjoyed the moment in time when you could buy all their Bandcamp catalogue for something like the price of 3 Sydney coffees) :)

Hi,

Yes, those were the days, and only 6 months ago, did you happen to buy the 3 LPs set that he had on special in December, as they were about a little over half price for them plus post?

JJ

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi,

Yes, those were the days, and only 6 months ago, did you happen to buy the 3 LPs set that he had on special in December, as they were about a little over half price for them plus post?

JJ

I noticed that!  But failed to act on timely basis (given distractions of the season) given they also had a download deal as well.  I am currently digital, but I DID buy my first vinyl  product when i was in Japan (as opposed to those mega packages from Radiohead that incorporate vinyl versions as a cost of accessing additional tracks).  Do you know that feeling as you stand on the precipice and you just know that the logic of gravity is working against you?  :)  Small slice of my head now seems fully dedicated to sizing up replacement of the dust gathering NAD 5120...... and the likely phono stage requirements....and getting my head around cartridge choices.....

Image result for dominoes

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 1

I got this gem from @Orpheus sale, love Floyd and probably this version will upset some hardcore fans but I personally find it pretty cool.

from British Mojo magazine Return To The Dark Side of The Moon, great SQ

CE854E04-CCD0-4AF3-BFF3-45104C210979.jpeg

• Like 2

To Top