Currently Spinning

@BuzzzFuzzz It's getting hazy already.??

Tried to spin new s/h purchase, 'Face Value' Phil Collins, only to find it's warped enough to skip grooves, most of the way through 'In The Air Tonight' and right through the drum roll?.....I didn't bother with the rest. Probably bought it too long ago to bother trying for a refund.? I'll flatten it one day.

Now spinning another unplayed recent purchase, 'Kansas' s/t debut album on new (transparent) vinyl, sounds great despite a little surface noise.....and looks great!?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/q7cAAOSwmYxcV~~V/s-l500.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

Been listening to this over dinner....another recent s/h purchase, The Doobie Brothers "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" (1st pressing)....I'll admit I bought this one for 'Blackwater' but the whole album is really great! Nice recording too....

Image result for what were once vices are now habits
Edited by stevoz
  • Like 4

At the risk of opening up a religious debate (I jest)... a little Christian, big hair Metal...

Stryper  'To Hell with the Devil'  1986 Enigma Records. Big Time Records, Aust.

529938019_StryperToHellwiththeDevil1986EnigmaRecords.BigTimeRecordsAust_x750.jpg.56c8e4b29271aeb35b0876e953df6590.jpg381656134_StryperToHellwiththeDevil1986EnigmaRecords.BigTimeRecordsAust.backx750.jpg.3dcf71c2b5b199c354b0d7844c1dcd8a.jpg

Good looking boys and talented musicians/vocalists, their harmonies are superb. 

I consider myself spiritual, but very f**kin far from religious.  My mates and I went to see them play at Homebush somewhere, sometime (we were very stoned).

It was a great gig and we had a little chuckle at some of the crowd, and we nearly fell over laughing when the band threw bibles into the audience. Ohhhh - to be young again.

Huge anthem, sing along Metal.  "You make my life complete" (Jesus, of course).  One track is even titled 'Sing-Along Song'

The title track has always been a favourite.

I like to pair up this album with some Sabbath. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yet another s/h LP bought while the TT was offline. Pavlov's Dog.....'Pampered Menial' (Oz 1st pressing....and not too bad but needs a peel.?). I love this album!?

Image result for pavlov's dog pampered menial
Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, stevoz said:

Yet another s/h LP bought while the TT was offline. Pavlov's Dog.....'Pampered Menial' (Oz 1st pressing....and not too bad?). I love this album!?

Image result for pavlov's dog pampered menial

Hey Steve, I thought you've had that for some time.  Did you pick up another copy?

I'm about to apply glue to 'Welcome to the Pleasuredome'.

Have a great night mate.

4 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Steve, I thought you've had that for some time.  Did you pick up another copy?

I'm about to apply glue to 'Welcome to the Pleasuredome'.

Have a great night mate.

Just CD's of it, an early one and a later remaster.....the LP is sounding really nice. I have to admit, it was never an 'outstanding' recording but the music makes it worth it.

Speaking of outstanding recordings.....Welcome to The Pleasure Dome.? Enjoy.....post peel.?

Cheers Ant.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Been listening to this over dinner....another recent s/h purchase, The Doobie Brothers "What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" (1st pressing)....I'll admit I bought this one for 'Blackwater' but the whole album is really great! Nice recording too....

Image result for what were once vices are now habits

Gotta love two drummers.  I see King Crimson are touring with three.  Devin Townsend has a new album about to drop with three drummers as well.

• Like 1

Balancing out Stryper with some Sabbath (of course)...

Black Sabbath  'Mob Rules'  1981 Vertigo  Records, Phonogram, B.V. Holland, Polygram. Aust.

127019448_BlackSabbathMobRules1981VertigoRecordsPhonogramB.V.HollandPolygram_Aust..jpg.f4decbcbe39cb3c2ea9f922c9969aee3.jpg

Love the album, love the cover art.

"When you listen to fools, the mob rules".

• Like 3

Finishing up with another SQ tick.....Do Re Mi's 'Domestic Harmony'. Lively and dynamic....just the thing before bed.?

Related image

.....and that folks, is my 11th and final LP for the day. It's good to be back!?
Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

Good morning All,

9 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Susumu Yokota - Over Head. Susumu in beats mode.

images (61).jpeg

One of your favourite artists Martin?

I am currently listening to Harold Budd

Budd.jpg.ddf02970a1b0374171665985e75d3e59.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

Long time since I have listened to this.  My Audio system has taken many leaps forward in sound quality IMHO since the last play.  I settled in last night to listen.    I only lasted 2 songs.     What a horrible thin mix this is.   Jeff's vocals and guitar are out front but any drums and bass are a token gesture.   There is just no supporting bottom end, it is all just watery back there behind Jeff.      This morning I looked up the credits on the Album.

Engineering and Mixing were down to Greg Ladanyi & Thom Panunzio.   These guys have some runs on the board with Fleetwood Mac, Jackson Brown and Don Henley to name a few.    Perhaps they were tasked to highlight Jeff and forget the rest.   If anyone has the Album, please give it a spin and let me know if I am off base (bass) with my thoughts.

The Dynamic Range Database suggests it's fine but that is based on lossy unknown source.

Artist Album Year avg
DR
min
DR
max
DR
Codec Source

The Jeff Healey Band See The Light 1988 13 12 15 lossy Unknown

Regards Cazzesman

jh.jpg

Edited by cazzesman

Julia Jacklin - 'Crushing'

Listening to this sophomore effort a bit on MP3, since it's release.

Really not liking it anywhere near as much as the debut album.

The writing IMHO is weaker, and the sombre tone relies on her cracked voice far too much for my taste.

I'm finding 'Comfort' a really annoying song for example - I'm pressing skip every time it comes up.
Any album that has a 'skip song' loses quite a few points for me...

R-13194434-1549822406-1991.jpeg.jpg

19 minutes ago, candyflip said:

Julia Jacklin - 'Crushing'

Listening to this sophomore effort a bit on MP3, since it's release.

Really not liking it anywhere near as much as the debut album.

The writing IMHO is weaker, and the sombre tone relies on her cracked voice far too much for my taste.

I'm finding 'Comfort' a really annoying song for example - I'm pressing skip every time it comes up.
Any album that has a 'skip song' loses quite a few points for me...

R-13194434-1549822406-1991.jpeg.jpg

Yes, I much prefer her in Phantastic Ferniture

• Like 2

Starting the days listening with another s/h LP bought while the TT was out of action......

Manfred Mann's Earthband 'Chance' Canadian 1st pressing. They'd hit the 80's and it reflects in this one. Sort of commercial prog soft rock  but it's still a good one. Manfred's Moog reigns supreme....?

Image result for chance manfred mann
Edited by stevoz

To Top