Currently Spinning

28 minutes ago, 075Congo said:

Bit rude of me! But how much is the retail price on that album? Where from? Is that the 5 LP production? The glint of tubes to the right is a nice touch too!

Cheers

It's just five seperate albums in a CD set. There are quite a few of them  (eg. Neil Young collection, Jethro Tull collection) and they often turn.up in JB HIFI. There usuallly around $20. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Me2also said:

BOWIE: GLASTONBURY 2000.

Three lovely black vinyl circles of live David Bowie. What more could a person ask for?

IMG_20190315_182236.jpg

Hopefully  its going off at Mrs Mills's place,  we've got a black out down my way. 

• Like 1

Copped a blackout last evening on song 2 of a three LP album. Awoke about 2am to restored power and another 5 sides of the live Bowie album, which is fantastic, with a nice arrangement of songs from a formidable career. He has some good live albums, including 'Stage'. 

Anyway, just finished listening to the Police album- I never seem to grow tired of that little gem. 

IMG_20190316_081728.jpg

IMG_20190316_082301.jpg

• Like 7

Ry Cooder: Borderline (Old vinyl, WEA, NZ). Another great album that helps to inject a little pleasure into human existence. I've enjoyed every Ry Colder album I've heard and would love to get my hands on Paris, Texas again, come to think of it.

15526918748881464305620701905772.jpg

• Like 5

20190316_112936.jpg

Russell Morris - Van Diemen's Land -- mostly variations of 12 bar blues, coupled with historical Australiana lyrics. Got the CD from the $2 bins this week. Could that be Rusty's signature on the cover?

--Geoff 

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Good Morning All,

For my 7000th post I thought I would play one of my favourite ambient artists, Brian Eno - Ambient 2 with Harold Budd

Ambient2.jpg.eadaad0c83f247101aa0c6c2d840cc1c.jpg

JJ

I haven’t heard that in a very long time. I remember really digging it way back when a mate of mine used to spin it.

I bought a copy of REFLECTION by Brian Eno on UHQCD just waiting for the Japanese crew to do Ambient 2 on UHQCD. Interesting to read about how Eno got the idea to record this type of music. Apparently he was off colour and listening to music at low level with only one headphone cup working. Doesn't sound like a winning formula. Wonder if Bryan Ferry will have him in the band when he tours Australia.

Cheers

• Like 1

Just now, keyse1 said:

Have you heard this

Not a fan of Norah Jones or Green Day but this is one of my favourite records of the last decade

an album of Everly Brothers covers

image.jpg

I haven’t but certainly keen to hear it now.

Pressing good?

35 minutes ago, Musician said:

I haven’t but certainly keen to hear it now.

Pressing good?

I’m a CD computer person

ive never heard a bad sounding cd since I stopped buying records

Spotify it to see if you like it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickSL said:

I haven’t heard that in a very long time. I remember really digging it way back when a mate of mine used to spin it.

Hi Rick,

Its easy to listen to at 5:30 in the morning, so you don't wake anyone.

Currently listening to Gerry Rafferty.

City2City.jpg.da86cd152fdd0ee7c51bca93ae24b608.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 6