Currently Spinning

3 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Must be nice to be resettled and again listening to ALL formats......?

Hello Steve, Tis good, will need a few hours of play to loosen up as it currently does not sound as good as the Benz did. It will have to do for a few months anyway. ?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Currently listening to The Flaming Lips, Peace Sword, from the Soundtrack to Ender's Game.

2037071097_SpaceSword.jpg.90ab97afdc1a5fd14ea941531b2ace02.jpg

JJ

My father gave me Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game when I was fairly young. It was a great read and a story that has stayed with me. The Flaming Lips have done some great stuff and the movie wasn't bad either. 

Thanks for the reminder. 

• Like 1

TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS: Southern Accents (LP). 

I class this as a miraculous little album, with Tom Petty in his song writing and musical prime. He seems to inhabit a 'Southern accent'' for this.

IMG_20190218_170332.jpg

Edited by Me2also
Pics
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Neurone said:

Hello Steve, Tis good, will need a few hours of play to loosen up as it currently does not sound as good as the Benz did. It will have to do for a few months anyway. ?

I reckon sh'ell loosen up quite nice?.But hopefully will leave a bit of room so you can welcome back your #1 with open arms. 

• Like 1

Afternoon lads.

Not the biggest Barnsey or Chisel listener.  Something about his voice, like many others, drives me up the wall.  That's coming from an ageing Metal Head who listens to Lemmy sing, Death Metal Growls, and some pretty extreme music from time to time.

They were too popular for me as well.  They were played everywhere, parties and FM radio waves, when I preferred the underground scenes (for the most part).

But still, I don't mind them now, and I do have 'East' on CD.

I picked this up a short while back, with a few Bruce Springsteen albums, 'Brothers in Arms' and Farnham's 'Whispering Jack', from a local Op Shop who were having a Vinyl sale at 50c a pop.

Jimmy Barnes  'For the Working Class Man'  1985 Mushroom Records, Festival Records, Aust.    2 x 33rpm

1985018359_JimmyBarnesFortheWorkingClassMan1985MushroomRecordsFestivalRecordsAust..JPG.e2affdd0002f41f790f3380dd233590a.JPG

It's a bloody good listen, sound is awesome, and it's in very good shape, especially after a face peel.

On a tangent, I must admit that I've always been a fan of Farnham's voice, and as a youngin' I wished he would join a Hard/Heavy Rock or Metal outfit.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Afternoon lads.

Not the biggest Barnsey or Chisel listener.  Something about his voice, like many others, drives me up the wall.  That's coming from an ageing Metal Head who listens to Lemmy sing, Death Metal Growls, and some pretty extreme music from time to time.

They were too popular for me as well.  They were played everywhere, parties and FM radio waves, when I preferred the underground scenes (for the most part).

But still, I don't mind them now, and I do have 'East' on CD.

I picked this up a short while back, with a few Bruce Springsteen albums, 'Brothers in Arms' and Farnham's 'Whispering Jack', from a local Op Shop who were having a Vinyl sale at 50c a pop.

Jimmy Barnes  'For the Working Class Man'  1985 Mushroom Records, Festival Records, Aust.    2 x 33rpm

1985018359_JimmyBarnesFortheWorkingClassMan1985MushroomRecordsFestivalRecordsAust..JPG.e2affdd0002f41f790f3380dd233590a.JPG

It's a bloody good listen, sound is awesome, and it's in very good shape, especially after a face peel.

On a tangent, I must admit that I've always been a fan of Farnham's voice, and as a youngin' I wished he would join a Hard/Heavy Rock or Metal outfit.

Hay Ant. I reckon it's worth the 50c for the cool photo of your turntable burning it up. Breakfast at Sweethearts is also worth a listen.

After 801, I'm in the mood for more Eno and Manzanera, this time backing up JOHN CALE on the album Fear.

IMG_20190218_184128.jpg

• Like 2

COWBOY JUNKIES: THE TRINITY SESSION (LP remaster 180g).

Some more beautiful stuff again. Margo Timmins has a voice that just about anybody would have to fall in love with. 

Anybody into SQ and all that, this album is crystal on LP, Sony 1988, 2017, manufactured and distributed by Music on Vinyl.. 

IMG_20190218_193941.jpg

Edited by Me2also
Post Script
  • Like 5

Hank Williams III- Rebel Within

downloadfile-36.jpeg.d18c5acd0ccdc6cf358b26402cf6eadf.jpeg

I always have a fun time listening to Hank, don't even have to be inebriated.

Agents Of Oblivion

0000002191.jpg.2b642fe506fc6fa07c720d52acf7bcb9.jpg

More of the Dax Riggs shapeshifting formula. Works for me.

WARREN ZEVON: EXCITABLE BOY (LP 180G remaster 'Music On Vinyl').

I've been a bit excitable of late, throwing $$ at LPs, which I probably shouldn't. Really glad I did though. This pressing is quite good, too. Perhaps not as clean as the last few I listed, but I don't remember the original as super recorded and produced, just a great album. 

IMG_20190218_223656.jpg

IMG_20190218_223822.jpg

Edited by Me2also
  • Like 4

To Top