Currently Spinning

Afternoon boys.

With a couple of hours free and a little cash in pocket, I was able to have a decent look through JB HiFi at Oxenford/Coomera.  I've seen much better music and vinyl sections in other stores, but my travels led me to this one. Two crates of Metal isn't unusual for any record shop, but we still have to hunt for a wider selection, particularly on vinyl. One crate could have been filled with AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Kiss re-issues, and not a big selection of others.

They have a pretty good Alternative section and the Popular section has all the regulars.  I'm a bit out of touch with newer Alternative music, so it was a bit of a lucky dip there, and the prices aren't cheap.  Buying on Sale days helps reduce the pain, but not today.  There was a few I would have liked if money was no issue, but there was nothing really throwing itself at me.  I think $30 is the value of a new release on single vinyl, I'll pay $40 or $50 for a double, rarely anything over that.

It's still hit and miss these days with Records, as the quality of music and vinyl varies so much, that taking a risk on unknown vinyl can be costly (as we all know).  I know that the resources are there for me to do some homework before I shop and narrow down the choices, but usually when I'm in the field, hunting Records, I don't often have anything in particular in mind.  I like to discover what I find, or what finds me. 

After much deliberation, and after posting about them a while back which prompted a heads up from @proftournesol about their new album...

... I settled on this... my first Muse Vinyl...

Muse  'Simulation Theory'  2018 Warner Music, U.K. Made in E.U.

837635429_MuseSimulationTheory2018WarnerMusicU.K.MadeinE.U_x750.jpg.48caadf03ae1337c22d090c7de0ed1f1.jpg

Still sealed but about to be released.

• Like 2

The Smashing Pumpkins ‎– Shiny And Oh So Bright - Vol. 1/LP - No Past, No Future, No Sun.   Compressed to the craphouse by Rick Rubin but in a good way. Billy knows what he is doing re the sound he wants.    That it sounds terrible on CD and superb on vinyl just reinforces the magic that is in em grooves ?

32399884648_34e730b0a4_b.jpg

• Like 3

Recently heard Richie almost lost his home in the California fires along with many others.    Best of Luck Richie in getting back into your digs once it is declared safe.

Hugely under rated talent.

This CD rocks.

Regards Cazzesman

winery dogs.jpg

Edited by cazzesman

Hi All,

About to have lunch, have listened to the first side of Deep Purple - Live At Montreux 1996 and onto the second side.

Montreaux.jpg.bb17861a5197670185706dcbb20f2143.jpg

Tracklist
A1    Fireball    
A2    Ted The Mechanic    
A3    Pictures Of Home    
A4    Black Night    
B1    Woman From Tokyo    
B2    No One Came    
B3    When A Blind Man Cries    
C1    Hey Cisco    
C2    Speed King    
C3    Smoke On The Water    
D1    Sometimes I Feel Like Screaming    
D2    Fools

JJ

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 10/12/2018 at 8:48 PM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Thanks for the heads-up, Y.B. I must get a hold of this. Here's a review by Holly Dicker of Resident Advisor 

I have enjoyed reading the review. Thank you  :)

On 11/12/2018 at 2:56 PM, Citroen said:

Been streaming this and just ordered. You're a bad influence Max! ;)

Ha ha Cliff, you won't be disappointed with the vinyl!

Here are some more 'bad' influences — more great reissues from 2018:

Massive Attack - 2xLP Heligoland Glitter Cover with 28 page booklet.

Stunning cover with black spot glitter varnish and top notch printing quality of the cover and booklet, and of course the brilliant sound. It's a shame though Paradise is very distorted and a few other spots as well. Still a great buy now Amazon AU have it for $40.85!

Apparently there is another release which the cover doesn't includes black spot glitter varnish, but sticker still says Glitter-Covered.

MA-Heligoland01.jpg.79d5a3e970915dfd43691b048d3d5a03.jpg

MA-Heligoland02.jpg.9373776d36258cb18489fa7bb2a0a398.jpg

The Cranberries - Everyone Else Is Doing It So Why Can't We? 

2018 25th Anniversary reissue half-speed remastered by Miles Showell, great GZ pressing clear and quiet. Excellent SQ. GZ Media have done very well lately.

I just realised Dolores O'Connor passed away in January,  RIP, I remember well how excited I was listening to this album in my early 20s when The Cranberries burst into the scene. Dreams was played everywhere... 25 years ago! I feel so old! So it's great to have this album on vinyl now. I also have the 2017 Analog Sparks release on the way...

TheCranberries.jpg.c153fccf7335d9b951c8cfa3ae52aff5.jpg

Edited by Y B