Currently Spinning

Wifey is up-country, and the little one is having a sleepover at friend's, so it's Daddy on his own last night.

On goes the Punk....  ?

Courtney....this is a terrific example of early 90's punk. I'm sure better judges than me call it girllrunge, or GRRLLllll rock or whatever....but really, at it's heart, it takes only one listen to this album to know Court was about pure US Punk. She's fantastic, the band are tight behind her (and raggedly loose when appropriate) and the songs are awesome, and have aged wonderfully.

I was without this album on vinyl forever, waiting to nab an OG, but this modern repress is a beauty and has all the power you need.
A wreck of a woman and a band, at the absolute peak of their powers.

Photo 26-10-18, 8 15 41 pm.jpg

Next up, around-the-same period NYC punk, also with a very strong female driving force and voice.

Utterly brilliant - this is the UK K-Disc OG from 1986 and it's beautiful SQ throughout.

Adore this band and arguably, this album is right up there with their greatest releases.

Photo 27-10-18, 10 07 07 am.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Guns N' Roses, ‎ Appetite For Destruction. Geffen Records ‎ 24148-1 Australia 1987.

Never heard this album before, it is one of  the recommended 101 albums you must must hear before you die bucket list type thing, so here goes....

Appetite For Destruction (Vinyl, LP, Album) album cover

For Rock or Heavy Rock fans this Album is indeed essential listening.  One of those albums where everything comes together creating something special, never captured by them again IMO.  How do five? (not sure if it was all five), smacked up dudes manage it?  Songwriting, playing and  production are all killers.  This Album flew under the radar here in Australia for a good 12 months before it hit the big time.

I saw them on this tour in Sydney at the Empty Container (as Doug Mulray used to call the Ent. Centre), it was the most violent crowd I have ever been a part of, there were fights erupting all over the place.  We were up off the floor and it looked quite comical watching one fight over here, then another fight over there.  I always wondered what made it so violent, I never witnessed that with any other heavy Rock/Metal gig.

It is high energy music, tight as hell and very sure of itself.  Axl's voice in fine form, as with the rest of the band.

The band's first full album release, it sounds raw and accomplished at the same time.

Nice on mate.  Think I'm gonna take it for a spin now too.

Cheers, Ant.

• Like 2

Next up, to follow G'n'R debut, across the Atlantic for another killer debut...

The Darkness  'Permission to Land'  2003 Warner  Music U.K., Warner Music Aust. Digital Audio Technologies Aust. CD.

835317706_TheDarknessPermissiontoLand2003WarnerMusicU.K.WarnerMusicAust.DigitalAudioTechnologiesAust..jpg.577c0032b54702955b5de8b7d8abfeaf.jpg

Love the Heavy Rock falsetto voice.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2018 at 5:25 PM, candyflip said:

Ron.S. Peno and The Superstitions - Future Universe

Still making my mind up about this one.

Got it from one of our esteemed SNA members.

Anything Died Pretty-like, I'll go for.... need longer with it though.

Photo 25-10-18, 8 13 58 pm.jpg

Give it time a great album that grows on repeated listens.

• Thanks 1

70’s Rock n roll 

Almost as good as the 60’s

Modern Lovers and one of my all time favourite records and bands Mink DeVille

And Mod Tucker who can’t really sing but I like this collection of short sharp little songs and Lou Reed helping out sometimes 

She even covers some Velvet Underground songs

got that 70’s Hostility to sterile popular bands at that time

And more Modern Lovers

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 1

Rockin roll nurse going to my head

to my head to my head

while I was lying in my hospital bed”

Every patient deserves one of these nurses

Stranded in the Jungle

New York Dolls ripping through a 50’s ( I think ) song

Their audiences in New York and London formed a hundred bands

Ramones Television The Clash Sex Pistols but they never found the fame or the glory themselves until they were gone 

I saw David Johansen and Sylvain Sylvain separately in New York and Johnny Thunders of all people in of all places Coolangatta 

I think he was lost

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Probably not possible to do this song badly

And this sounds great with just a bit of music with Moe’s vocal in front of them

I didn’t know just what to do 

so I whispered I love you

song fades out with a whisper

pretty perfect

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scuzzii said:

I just got this on vinyl as well. On my playlist today Cliff.

I bought this when it came out but have only spun it a handful of times. 

This needs to change!

• Like 2

Should have been bigger than Texas

Instead known only to rock n roll fanatics and the record reviewers that wrote about him 

very literate writer and his songs named checked writers dancers and artists from the 20’s and 30’s and wrote a song about Patti Smith before she was famous

This album still not released on CD 

Like Willy DeVille spent most of his life in Europe after failing to make a go of it in the dullness that descended on the rock n roll world of the 70’s and 80’s

And David Johansen with a song about his band The New York Dolls

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1