Currently Spinning

2 hours ago, metal beat said:

Father John Misty ‎– Fear Fun. wonderful debut from 2012 on Sub Pop. pressing from RTI is excellent as is the packaging.

[IMG]

Gonna jump on youtube and finally check this guy out.  Have been seeing him pop up a bit, and that cover is the clincher.  Nice one Man.

Thanks, Ant.

• Like 2

Hey @Darren69;  This one's for you Bro...

Kiss My Poodles Donkey 'New Hope for the Dead' - Recorded 1992 - A Hot Record Aust. - Shock Records Aust.

620889605_KissMyPoodlesDonkeyNewHopefortheDeadrecorded1992AHotRecordAust.-ShockRecordsAust..jpg.772c93db8039ccf1541ab3e3d8e23d50.jpg

Just read this description on line and it's sort of accurate...  "Muddy Industrial Metal with a Funky Beat" 

Includes a cover of Prince 'Gett Off'. 

Not really 'Industrial', and not really 'Punk' (see below) either, but it's damn Heavy and Funky.

....and from MrWiredandWasted...

Kiss my what?  Should this be on the Weird and Wacky blog?  Perhaps, but the truth of the matter is that this is a mighty album.  Big crunchy wired and wasted sound.  They were one of those Aussie punk bands that few seemed to know much about.  However (a little like the Velvet Underground) those that experienced 'The Donkey' were affected (should that read 'assaulted'?).  This was a CeeDee release but is not all that easy to find now.  Hopefully it will not be lost in time - it deserves to be heard at 11. 

I sure was 'affected' when I discovered them at The Big Day Out in 1994.  Choice tracks for me 'Bad Hair Day' & 'Psychoman'.

Cheers, Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, kab said:

R-2507202-1287795407.jpeg.jpg

24 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

That one takes me back, one of the albums that I would love on Vinyl when I come across it in a crate somewhere.

yep, superb album this.   and it sounds sensational on vinyl.  you can crank it to 11   :)   

The National ‎– Boxer. bought this reissue cheap at the zonau 241.    Its a LOT better than my noisy original US pressed @ United pressing that I hate.

[IMG]

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, metal beat said:

The National ‎– Boxer. bought this reissue cheap at the zonau 241.    Its a LOT better than my noisy original US pressed @ United pressing that I hate.

Good to know mate, especially when coloured vinyl can be hit and miss, at best.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rantan said:

Good to know mate, especially when coloured vinyl can be hit and miss, at best.

to be honest, had no idea it was coloured vinyl.  I would have probably not bought if I had known.:ohmy:

But, its a nice change to have quiet well pressed coloured vinyl.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

So Boris first up this afternoon whilst cooking lunch.  Good to hear a bit of noise.  :D

4bfb1dba.jpg

Then a bit later, Mr Waits stepped up.  This seems to be the only album of his that I play lately.  Need to change that.  But Hell Broke Luce... something about that song.  Plus there's plenty of other good ones as well obviously.

BadasMe.png

Then some Ministry for a bit more general loudness.

Ministry-Psalm69.jpg

Currently playing Grinderman.  I think next time either them or The Bad Seeds tour, I really need to buy a ticket.  Actually, not sure if Grinderman is still a thing, but anyway.

GrindermanAlbum.jpg

• Like 4