Currently Spinning

Hi All,

Just randomly through a few Hunters and Collectors CD'd from their "Horn of Plenty" from about 10 years ago.

Info from mightyape.com.au

This iconic Australian band finally get the boxed set treatment they deserve.
Hunters & Collectors - Horn Of Plenty is 14 CD's and 2 DVD's in a unique, strictly limited edition box. 
Includes all their studio albums, live material, two discs of rarities, all the video clips and two live shows on DVD.
As a special bonus, Horn of Plenty also includes tracks from the band's first ever gig in May 1981.
This strictly limited once only pressing is a unique and incredibly packaged box set containing everything the band ever released, along with a deluxe 20 page booklet - the perfect gift for fans.

709206558_HC.jpg.f3208ff05d6d6f585ba8a9f9d3bdd4cf.jpg

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Jeez Man, I didn't know he passed away, guess it happens to us all.

I think you wrote about your KISS concert a while back

I was wrong about Lancaster....he's still alive!

Can't remember writing about my Kiss concert experiences but that doesn't mean I haven't!?

Rhetorical question from the 60’s

Would you take a Rolling Stone home to meet your parents?

The bad boys next door so to speak

The opposite of the boys next door image of the Beatles 

look at the photo and of course you would

butter wouldn’t melt in their mouths

E5A7603D-6D2E-420F-848A-55EFBDDECD0E.jpeg

• Like 2

The 'boys next door' were infinitely more talented......

Bring on the 'flak' but I've just never been able to fathom what the fuss is about the 'Stones.?

It's all subjective of course but along with Bob Dylan, they one of the most over-rated music acts in the history of music IMO.......?

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, stevoz said:

The 'boys next door' were infinitely more talented......

Bring on the 'flak' but I've just never been able to fathom what the fuss is about the 'Stones.?

It's all subjective of course but along with Bob Dylan, they one of the most over-rated music acts in the history of music IMO.......?

40 years ago you would have needed a tank to ward off the flak

but anyone who could listen to more than 8 seconds of Status Quo wouldn’t understand the The Stones 

let alone Bob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tend to disagree with that one, but I also listen to KISS, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Joe Jackson, Neil Young, ABBA, Nana Mouskouri, The Melvins, The Fantomas, Ministry, The Moody Blues, Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, etc, Chemical Bros, Fluke, extreme Death Metal (occaisionally), Purple, Zeppelin, Mountain, Talking Heads, and a plethora of all things.

But I've never once played or owned a Beatles Studio Album, The Stones or Bob.  I will pick up any Beatles I see in the future, for the right price.

They are all great and immensely influential artists, but they have never 'Turned me on'.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss, and I'm not being defensive, we all have our things, but I don't think it's a matter or understanding, just not liking.

Cheers Man.

Ant.

I usually don't take the bait... but there is Music for the Mind, Body and Soul, try dancing to Bob!

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Just randomly through a few Hunters and Collectors CD'd from their "Horn of Plenty" from about 10 years ago.

Info from mightyape.com.au

This iconic Australian band finally get the boxed set treatment they deserve.
Hunters & Collectors - Horn Of Plenty is 14 CD's and 2 DVD's in a unique, strictly limited edition box. 
Includes all their studio albums, live material, two discs of rarities, all the video clips and two live shows on DVD.
As a special bonus, Horn of Plenty also includes tracks from the band's first ever gig in May 1981.
This strictly limited once only pressing is a unique and incredibly packaged box set containing everything the band ever released, along with a deluxe 20 page booklet - the perfect gift for fans.

709206558_HC.jpg.f3208ff05d6d6f585ba8a9f9d3bdd4cf.jpg

JJ

They have some great Albums, I know they're not everyone's cup o' tea, but man they just killed it 'LIVE'.  Beautiful packaging, great score Man.

• Like 1

Writing about Status Quo...

Status Quo 'Quo Live' 1977 Vertigo records. Phonograph. Polygram, Aust.

182510984_StatusQuoQuoLive1977Vertigorecords.Phonograph.PolygramAust..JPG.96089da7e7a99eccf4d8ddfaade1b441.JPG

KISS 'Alive' 1975 Casablanca Records. Astor Records.

369167517_KISSAlive1975CasablancaRecords.AstorRecords..JPG.aa748f2587075060bcf88c4ccd89b826.JPG

Thin Lizzy 'Live and Dangerous' 1978 Vertigo Records. Phonogram, Aust.

1663958149_ThinLizzyLiveandDangerous1978VertigoRecords.PhonogramAust..JPG.c3c4eeaf761ac480907cf0ce63f56351.JPG

All fresh as a daisy after a bath and a Vacuum.  The Lizzy Album kicks butt.

• Like 2

Bought this yesterday, played it 2 1/2 times already. Lucinda's in good voice, Charles still has his chops and the Bill and the rhythm section are in fine form too.

1950105962_Vanishedgardens.jpg.781d6c6457718f0f67b0e87c0f24628e.jpg

Cheers

mick

• Like 4

Guest deanB

Have been running in a new pair of speakers today, Ascension M823 SQ. 6hrs in and the bass has ripened nicely.

Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs- God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise

downloadfile-4.jpeg.12fefe8cad4abfb6a310f9e80131a4ee.jpeg

Edited by deanB

Thought I should back up my earlier post...

Nana Mouskouri 'What Now My Love' Not Dated - Fontana Records. Phonogram, Aust.

1849487398_NanaMouskouriWhatNowMyLoveNotDated-FontanaRecords.PhonogramAust..JPG.3cb6ff45d3bb3cc0eb55ce32a5abbbaf.JPG

My brother delights in reminding me, and everyone else, that I had a massive boy crush on Nana, and the girl from the old Lufthansa add on tv.

She does take me back a few years.  It's an Op Shop find, so a little crackly, and it also has a random bass thump throughout, not sure what is causing it.  Apart from the surface scratches there is no visible damage, no dents or buckles.

Anyone have any thoughts what it might be???

Edit;  On closer inspection with a light at the right angle, I can see a few waves in the reflection as it spins.  Mystery solved.  

Cheers, Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1