Currently Spinning

3 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Good morning, all :)

The Beatles - Abbey Road.

images (37).jpeg

Saves me looking for the image! We had this also for breakfast. I was tired of having to sing Mr. Mustard / Polythene Pam / She came in through the bathroom window and Her Majesty to my kids in the morning before school, so I thought why not? It was a blast.

Followed by

image.png.1f1651eacbd74e9fd32c5fc74e24e358.png

This is my favourite RW record. I think. The first half or three quarters is awesome, I'd even say, Beatles inspired in part (or something like that), right up until Me and My Monkey which is an epic 7 minute adventure about himself and a trip to Vegas... with a dopey monkey. The rest is less impressive, but great sound. And of course, right at the end, the last track with 15 minutes has a 12 minute pause or so in between to finish off with a pi$$ take.

A very good morning indeed.

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, metal beat said:

has a dual purpose on that desert island ?

Dean and Gene Ween of, indeed, Ween claim they initially planned “a gay sailor theme” for the cover of Chocolate and Cheese, the closest these beloved, Zappa-esque art pranksters have come to a mainstream hit. 

Somehow, that resulted in an eye-popping, pulse-pounding photo of model Ashley Savage bearing underboob and brandishing a title belt emblazoned with the band’s name and a crazy-mouthed mascot. 

In 2002, Ashley’s Chocolate and Cheese image topped Playboy’s poll of The Sexiest Album Covers of All Time, meaning, as noted, she beat out a bunch of actual Playmates for the title.

Alas, Ashley herself remains elusive, having appeared only in a handful of film and video projects in the years since Chocolate and Cheese—and certainly that effort alone is enough.

• Like 4

Guest Misterioso
37 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

8yr old sons request, Johnny Cash.

I picked American VI. His voice was wavering but still intense.

Aint no grave is so good.

Funny, my son (5) is also a Cash fan. Ring of Fire already made him smile before he could talk.

Mastodon 'Emperor of Sand' 2017 Reprise Records.

193429653_MastodonEmperorofSand2017RepriseRecords_x600.jpg.1ccb9e9ef70b002b4a115ada22bbc50a.jpg

Black Mountain 'In The Future' 2008 Jaguar War.

139684514_BlackMountainInTheFuture2008JaguarWar.jpg.3febedc39fd7650278c617c961791281.jpg

Devin Townsend Project 'Addicted' 2009 HevyDevy Records. InsideOut Music.

1782967601_DevinTownsendProjectAddicted2009HevyDevyRecords.InsideOutMusicx600.jpg.da0b23075bb7d7b4127384bd3b68ba20.jpg

The Neal Morse Band 'The Grand Experiment' 2015 Metal Blade Records.

397518179_TheNealMorseBandTheGrandExperiment2015MetalBladeRecords..jpg.3b45b8697f4ffc0645b96a97e9a0e10f.jpg

• Like 4

@BuzzzFuzzz that Neal Morse cover is one of the finest I've seen on an album. Whoever designed that knew their stuff!

Meantime: my wife and I enjoyed this very much.  I'd give it four stars; a rock album with two filler songs, a couple of moments of sheer beauty, one song that sounds like Crazy Horse so the reviewers can name-check it, and a whole lot of shoegaze, P.J. Harvey and Mazzy Star flavours in a cool blend. I'm looking forward to coming back to this.

charlie_horse_strange_passengers_1013.jp

• Like 1

Lights-MidnightMachines.jpg.43af4c2057a9725385569a678e716246.jpg

Lights - Midnight Machines

Lights is Canadian singer/songwriter Valerie Poxleitner. I don't like her usual style electro pop at all but she often does an acoustic version of her albums. Midnight Machines is such of her Juno Award-winning 2014 effort, Little Machines.

This little acoustic gem shows off her gorgeous voice, warm, intimate and full of heartfelt moments...