Currently Spinning

7 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Back home after work. Time for a coffee and some chilled vibes.

Mr Hermano - Free As The Morning Sun.

images (41).jpeg

Hi @mrbuzzardstubble

You picked a good one there, love the bongos,  hasn't been too cold up your way.

Moved on to some relaxing music myself, haven't gotten around to the last 2 discs in the set.

Installations.jpg.557981e35f31a931d4a2d45a213c9b26.jpg

JJ

• Like 4

Thanks to @mrbuzzardstubble for bringing these guys into the thread...

Rockers HiFi 'Overproof' 1998 Different Drummer. Downbeat. WEA Records. Warner Music, Germany.

1212010382_RockersHiFiOverproof1998DifferentDrummer.Downbeat.WEARecords.WarnerMusicGermany..jpg.02e775f6e59fb11cd4292eecc81bc3e1.jpg

I'm not yet confident enough to start adding my own reviews, but couldn't find any on line for this one.  The same goes for sound quality with recordings, mainly because I never hear anyone else's system to compare with.  What can I say, it sounds great; laidback vibe with big, fat, dubby beats and nice vocals.  Smoke some if ya got some.  (which I don't).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @mrbuzzardstubble

You picked a good one there, love the bongos,  hasn't been too cold up your way.

Moved on to some relaxing music myself, haven't gotten around to the last 2 discs in the set.

Installations.jpg.557981e35f31a931d4a2d45a213c9b26.jpg

JJ

A bit chilly this morning,janjuc. -2c.It felt good when it got to +2c.

Speaking of Eno, I have this somewhere. A numbered copy and still unplayed.

images (42).jpeg

• Love 1

Next up...

Audio Active 'Spaced Dolls' 2000 Dream Machine, Japan. Warner Music, Aust.

1150230885_AudioActiveSpacedDolls2000DreamMachineJapan.WarnerMusicAust..jpg.beee92f273746ffa8223a1ea3829cab4.jpg

I did drop the treble one notch for this one.

AllMusic Review by François Couture  [-]

At the crest of the world fusion wave, the Japanese techno quartet Audio Active recorded this collaboration with zither player and guru Laraaji (introduced to Western ears by Roger Eno and Michael Brook). It is a strange collaboration, more denaturing than Brook's albums with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Then again, Laraaji is far from being a traditional player. His electronic zither recalls a spacy, new age keyboard at least as much as any "regular" playing . His laughter and words of advice are at the center of most of the nine pieces. Key sentences (about the importance of laughter, to feel yourself, and to "think cosmically") are looped, repeated, and echoed. That and the group's ability to groove effortlessly in medium tempos trigger deserved comparisons to Lee "Scratch" Perry. The music is laid-back, generally spacy, occasionally funky. That's the ground level. On the second floor listeners find a wide array of influences and samples, from soul-jazz and cosmic groove records to drum'n'bass and world music. On the third floor is Laraaji's personality, utterly sympathetic even if you find his comments lacking substance. Maverick singer/songwriter Bill Nelson contributes some snarling electric guitar to "Music & Cosmic (Feel Yourself)," while Roger Eno and Michael Brook appear in "Blooper's Dance Floor," a track they co-wrote with Audio Active's Masayuki Osada. The reprise of the opener, "New Laughter Mode," to close the album was unnecessary -- it sticks too close to the first version, but otherwise The Way Out Is the Way In makes a light and intelligent album, a lot of fun to listen and re-listen to.

14 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Stevie Wonder ‎– The Original Musiquarium I. 2017 US reissue - sounds great - wonderful combo best of with new songs - the 10 min Do I Do is funky as.

[IMG]

I passed on buying this at the time. Too many reissues, not enough money...

My local record store (400 meters from home) is the original Musiquarium!

musiquarium.jpg.e27bdf531a0cec80841964ebcccc1a68.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Citroen said:

I passed on buying this at the time. Too many reissues, not enough money...

My local record store (400 meters from home) is the original Musiquarium!

musiquarium.jpg.e27bdf531a0cec80841964ebcccc1a68.jpg

very cool Cliff.   I remember passing on this as well, but regretted it as i did not realise Do I Do was only on this album, with 3 new other tracks.   when the 241 zon au sale was on last week, well why the hell not.

It sounds great 

• Like 3

This arrived from Spain today and spinning it now, a near mint original German pressing of Scatterbrain's 'Scamboogery' from 1991.

Lots of fun here and a great recording and pressing to boot. Sounds great and plays mint!?

644414265_ScatterbrainScamboogerycover.jpg.2f244df05faab43c9f9b94460ea62794.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stevoz said:

This arrived from Spain today and spinning it now, a near mint original German pressing of Scatterbrain's 'Scamboogery' from 1991.

Lots of fun here and a great recording and pressing to boot. Sounds great and plays mint!?

644414265_ScatterbrainScamboogerycover.jpg.2f244df05faab43c9f9b94460ea62794.jpg

Turning green with envy.

• Like 1

Calling it a day here, listening to 'Big Beat Elite' compilation, disc two currently.  Posted on the Electronic thread.

Dinner time and some comedy DVD's '30 Rock' and 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' for a veg out.

Will be spinning this one at bed time...

Bangarra Dance Theatre 'Bush' Composed by Steve Francis and David Page  - Commissioned 2003. Universal Music, Aust.

1479899533_BangarraDanceTheatreBushComposedbySteveFrancisandDavidPage-Commissioned2003.UniversalMusicAust_x800.jpg.48690ad7d521b9232cfc82c6768e6b27.jpg

I went to this production at the Opera House in Sydney with my then girlfriend, both on 'E'.  A mesmerising and haunting performance and the music still sends shivers down (up) my spine.  Amazing show, amazing music.  Signed by Steve Francis after the performance.

Van Morrison ‎ His Band And The Street Choir. Warner Bros. Records ‎ 7599271882, CD, Album, Reissue Australia.

Great album, haven't played it in many a year. Discogs lists the music genre as Rock, Folk, World, & Country, which is pretty accurate, Van covers all the bases on this one!

R-4263632-1360091289-8950.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Neurone said:

Got the A&K on shuffle whilst packing:

To where @Neurone? Has the big decision made? I'm emotionally invested in this 'moving' saga now!:lol: Is it the chill of Geelong or warmer regions?:cool:

Edited by stevoz