Currently Spinning

This is the original photo used for the record cover with Graeme Nash in the corner

Oh Lonesome Me

many an hour spent wallowing in self pity over any perceived slight listening to this song

could  easily fall into that blind alley again except that now old age is really depressing and doesn’t need any artificial stimulants to feel it

i still like chillies though? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

I was going to spend the afternoon listening to my very long list of weeping songs but after I saw that currently spinning Crazy Horse post am now well and truly stuck in the 70’ s guitar based rock n roll

a friend lent me a Grin greatest hits which made me kind of obsessed with Nils Lofgren

i bought all the Grin records and his solo records up to the early 80’s and saw him play in London in 1975 and again at The Bottom Line in New York in 1980 and again in Portsmouth England a few months later

i bought a box a few years ago of 9 CDs that includes most of the really great 70’s and early 80’s and some not so good later records

image.jpg

• Like 3

Michael Kiwanuka - Love & Hate

Image result for michael kiwanuka love and hate

Bloody good album.  Good pressing too.  Seeing MK at Oxford Art Factory was one of the highlights of 2017.

Edited by ABG
  • Like 4

Back to back... err, to back Pearl Jam to kick things off this afternoon.  Been quite a while since I've done that.  Interesting how the sound progressed over the albums.  Vitalogy was never one of my favourite albums of theirs, even though it did have a couple of really good songs that I liked, but listening to it again and I'm looking at it in a slightly different light.

61asK-MO3NL._SX355_.jpg

PearlJam-Vs.jpg

PearlJamVitalogy.jpg

Currently listening to System Of A Down.  This stepped up things a bit.  A few beers in.  Getting lively.

514Q75ZS87L._SY355_.jpg

Pretty sure I've got one more album left in me tonight.  I was thinking some early Tool... but I think I need something faster than that.  ?

Edited by Monk
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ABG said:

Bloody good album.  Good pressing too.  Seeing MK at Oxford Art Factory was one of the highlights of 2017.

Yes it is. Managed to grab it on CD for $10 from JB. Bought a copy also for my brother (introducing him to a few artists, courtesy of this topic) Is impressed with it.

Have also on vinyl, mind you mine has no sleeve notes or anything.

Guest Hensa
28 minutes ago, ABG said:

Feeling the “hate” a bit more than the “love” after missing out on that gig!?

Black Panther The Album (Music From & Inspired By)

Image result for black panther the album 1000 x 1000

Picked this up from the recent JB sale.  Really enjoying the album and the pressing and SQ are superb - up there with some of the best from my collection.  Grab a copy while you can.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2018 at 7:49 PM, unclekanus said:

Saw these guys a couple years back at the Tote and they were phenomenal. Even had a quick chat with Mark Arm as he swanned through the front bar before the show. He was on fire that night.

I had no idea they were still going/performing. I love that album, one of my favourites of the time. I have seen Mudhoney a couple of times way back in the day, but I always liked that Moneywrench album above any Mudhoney stuff.

• Like 1

So.  Slayer - Reign In Blood.

Yep!  That has about the heaviness and speed that I wanted needed.  :D  

Although, it did seem a bit bright.  Even tried throwing a sheet over the telly (between the speakers).  Slightly  helped maybe.  I guess I could have turned it down.  But well, that's just silly talk innit?

6180E4ZWl2L._SY355_.jpg

And it was short enough that I have gone with some Tool as well.  Hell yeah. Been a good afternoon for music.

tool-undertow.gif

This. Is. Necessary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monk said:

So.  Slayer - Reign In Blood.

Yep!  That has about the heaviness and speed that I wanted needed.  :D  

Although, it did seem a bit bright.  Even tried throwing a sheet over the telly (between the speakers).  Slightly  helped maybe.  I guess I could have turned it down.  But well, that's just silly talk innit?

6180E4ZWl2L._SY355_.jpg

And it was short enough that I have gone with some Tool as well.  Hell yeah. Been a good afternoon for music.

tool-undertow.gif

This. Is. Necessary.

Indeed, as much as I adore Slayer RIB it can tend to get a tad edgy a high volumes (even on original US vinyl) but hey the sacrifices we make...

• Like 2

Thought I would play this to celebrate my recent onset tinnitus  (mower/slasher induced, not stereo/headphones) settling down a bit tonight. But don't really need any excuse to play a bit of Neil Young...

Neil Young, ‎ Unplugged. Reprise Records ‎ 9362453102, CD, Australasia 1993.

R-2064698-1261904636.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

Pink Floyd - WYWH (CBS Mastersound press)
This one - with the '43453' labels and deadwax...the better sounding 2nd repress.
https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-Wish-You-Were-Here/release/489128 

Insane the SQ of this release...just fkn' insane.

the single best vinyl record I own, without a doubt.

even if the content was average (which it most assuredly is not), I can't believe what they can squeeze out of this wax, even on my poor excuse for a baby-audiophile system.

Just find a copy...pay the AU$200+ delivered, and be done with it.

thank me Sunday morning....

Photo 23-6-18, 8 59 11 pm.jpg

Edited by candyflip
sorry - wrong URL
  • Like 8

51 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Birdy ‎– Beautiful Lies. her 3rd album since 2011 and she is only 22. Stunning album with a voice of an angel.

[IMG]

Is this the UK pressing....2016 release.. .

just saw the Hong Kong release was on Cd...my bad.

Edited by Bass13
update