Currently Spinning

Guest Hensa
19 minutes ago, Y B said:

Wow Greg! You made me feel so much better! Thanks!

I’ll buy you a beer and tell you about it on Friday!?

18 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I'm using my phone here and half of the images are blown out of proportion i.e extend beyond the screen boundary. Anyone else having this problem?

That happen when I was checking the Classifieds an hour or so ago.

Have you guys noticed the new Ad Banners through the threads?

Guest Hensa
29 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I'm using my phone here and half of the images are blown out of proportion i.e extend beyond the screen boundary. Anyone else having this problem?

Ditto. Bloody nuisance having to shrink the text to see the whole picture... 

The Who - Who's Next (original US Decca press)

One of the truly great ROCK albums, and of course, the very best thing The Who ever did, in my very humble opinion.

It regularly ranks in the Top 30 Greatest Rock Albums ever released (as nominated by anyone, anywhere).

In 2007, 'Who's Next' was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame for "lasting qualitative or historical significance" ie. it influenced a generation of young rock bands for the next 40 years after it's release, and it goes on doing so today.

Highlights are many, but obviously 'Baba O'Reilly', 'Behind Blue Eyes' and the expansive and absolutely ball-tearing 8 minute anthem, 'Won't Get Fooled Again' rank as the stand outs. Any self respecting rock muso worth a single damn *still* learns that in their first, early years.  :) 

Just a really enjoyable record.

who's next US.jpg

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 9

Guest deanB

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds- Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus

220px-Abattoir_Blues+The_Lyre_of_Orpheus.jpgSpinning Abbatoir Blues.

Edited by deanB

12 minutes ago, ollie_08 said:

Not one of Dylans most popular LP's, but one of his finest IMO. Especially like the Mark Knopfler and Pick Withers influence.

IMG20180620112241.jpg

You should hear the live versions on Trouble No More

• Like 2

Just now, Bass13 said:

Keyse1 are you talking about this album.?- Trouble No More: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 13 / 1979-1981

That’s it

ive got the deluxe set

Its what I call the good the bad and the ugly of Dylan’s born again trio of records

Unblievable singing great band and one of his great songs that was never released on a record 

But it still contains some songs and some lyrics that remind me of why I don’t like Christianity but their is no doubting the conviction p

Despite that for Bob fans it’s a real revelation about his most maligned period

• Like 2

Chris Cornell - Songbook 2LP

Anyone who has seen Cornell live, whether with SoundGarden or solo, knows he had one of the best rock (nay, ANY) voices on the planet. When I saw him at The Palais Theatre in Melbourne a few years back, he played for two and a half hours, with 4 encores, and left us all spent. 

Remarkable man - and this incredible double album captures all that power and majesty perfectly. 
A fitting testament to all that Cornell brought to the table, every performance. 

Huge sound, huge catalog of iconic songs, one massive record & mythology captured.

songbook.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1