Currently Spinning

59 minutes ago, Citroen said:

2x10inch vinyl?

Yessir.

Now listening to Jack Ladder & The Dreamlanders new album, Blue Poles.  This is my second listen to this album and I'm distinctly unimpressed both from a music and sonic perspective.  

Image result for jack ladder and the dreamlanders blue poles

Edited by ABG
  • Like 2

I'm a huge Oren Ambarchi fanboy, so when Hotel came up on vinyl I grabbed it.

Electronic, meandering drone. 

Not sure if I like it or not! 

Which means it has depth and need to give it a serious listen...? ;)

R-10799052-1504503815-5277.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Black Star Liner - Bengali Bantam Youth Experience.

However, the marvellously hummed samples of the equally well-titled “Ethnic Suicide of the Volga Boatmen,” whose camel-riding feel is accentuated by the crashing-wave cymbals and Mellotron-style cinematic strings stands out as the record’s highlight for its enlivening chant.

An album made by dopeheads who’ve cut down on the weed intake but kept up the mindset of nodding beats and keenly-felt production, Bengali Bantam Youth Experience is a pan-cultural experience which shouldn’t really need remarking on in those terms. Chilled and groovy, Black Star Liner achieve here the far more important goal of making a multi-layered sound, finely balanced between the soporific and the psychedelic, which continues the fruitful combination of Dub and Tabla pioneered by the likes of The Suns Of Arqa in at just over forty minutes – no mean feat in these days of the double CD.- Freq.

images (6).jpeg

• Like 2

Went with a bit more... energy today.

Some Opeth to kick start the morni afternoon.  Haven't listened to this in a while.  Should not leave it so long next time.  Nice.

7909.jpg

Then Album of the Year.  No, no I mean the title not the award...  :D

3996.jpg?5149

Then some Isis for that lovely atmospheric/post-metal type thing that I love.  Oh, also some throat screaming vocals too.  Ha.

128938.jpg

Secret Chiefs 3 c'mon down!  Great album this one too.  Has been one of my favourite from SC3's recent work. 

R-1321884-1322038073.jpeg.jpg

"Finishing" with Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.  Ambugaton!

44014783f7e428beef6a86430663d3ba.993x883

• Like 5

@Monk it must be the day for digging through old favourites:

I just stopped the music-a-thon for a dumpling and noodle break, now straight back into it!

It's a bloody long time since I have listened to this thoroughly enjoying it though. 

Screenshot_20180519-191844.thumb.png.90ae38b9accc8e87ac463d3219d95cdd.png

Edited by Teksiis
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ABG said:

Yessir.

Now listening to Jack Ladder & The Dreamlanders new album, Blue Poles.  This is my second listen to this album and I'm distinctly unimpressed both from a music and sonic perspective.  

Image result for jack ladder and the dreamlanders blue poles

Hmmm 2nd **** report.  My wife is picking it up next week from redeye.  Should I cancel it?

4 hours ago, metal beat said:

Hmmm 2nd **** report.  My wife is picking it up next week from redeye.  Should I cancel it?

I can't answer that for you, but I can tell you I'm not bothering with buying a copy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, metal beat said:

No, I think that it's a good album, Jack Ladder is channelling Nick Cave

• Like 1

Good morning Guys.  A beautiful Autumn day here in S/E Qld.

A few old ones through the tub for a wash...

Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons 'Screaming Targets' 1979 Mushroom Records, Aust. Festival, Aust. Limited Edition includes Live Disc.

708275609_JoJoZepandtheFalconsScreamingTargets1979MushroomRecordsAust.FestivalAust.LimitedEditionincludesLiveDisc..JPG.41f0770f723ef6b2021cb760b4c04b79.JPG

A little before my time, but I know these guys are well respected.

Australian Crawl 'Sons of Beaches' 1982 EMI Records, Aust.

1178610882_AustralianCrawlSonsofBeaches1982EMIRecordsAust..JPG.d82c06f381568c55cc42928d110d55f9.JPG

At the time I was into Metal and Heavy Rock.  But these few albums still take me back to my last years of school.  Long, hot, summer, school holidays spent in the pool or at the beach.  Those last years of innocence before entering the 'S**Tstorm.

INXS 'The Swing' 1984 WEA Records, Aust.

1809001449_INXSTheSwing1984WEARecordsAust..JPG.b34cc359d73a148cf965c41f92ab9381.JPG

A great sounding Album.  I only gave these guys a chance after watching 'Dogs in Space'.

Spinning now...

V.Spy V.Spy 'Harrys Reasons' 1986 Powderworks Records & Tapes, Aust. RCA, Aust.

1187282446_V_SpyV.SpyHarrysReasons1986PowderworksRecordsTapesAust.RCAAust..JPG.82cbd2fa7c14a8016ae5ae7921b1edc2.JPG

I saw these guys a few times.  I love three piece bands.  We once saw them at Ettalong Memorial Club on the Central Coast Peninsular (Woy Woy/Umina), where they played on the second floor.  I swear the floor was moving up and down with the crowd bouncing around.

Up next...

Midnight Oil 'Red Sails in the Sunset' 1984  CBS Records, Aust.

1953943200_MidnightOilRedSailsintheSunset1984CBSRecordsAust..JPG.ede05c2882decf2ea3c463b0d580939e.JPG

My preferred listen is 'Diesel and Dust', but I thought I would give this one a spin after seeing it pop up recently somewhere on the forum.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, ABG said:

I can't answer that for you, but I can tell you I'm not bothering with buying a copy.

2 hours ago, proftournesol said:

No, I think that it's a good album, Jack Ladder is channelling Nick Cave

Thanks guys, Interesting.  His first 2 albums are really good.    I am going to pick it up. 

21 hours ago, Citroen said:

I'm a huge Oren Ambarchi fanboy, so when Hotel came up on vinyl I grabbed it.

Electronic, meandering drone. 

Not sure if I like it or not! 

Which means it has depth and need to give it a serious listen...? ;)

R-10799052-1504503815-5277.jpeg.jpg

Its growing on me.

wPgiJM1.jpg?1

• Like 1