Currently Spinning

3 minutes ago, ABG said:

Cheers Dave.  I should've known you would have a copy.  Now for the next dopey question - where can I get my hands on it for a reasonable price?  Mr Google isn't too helpful.

I see what you mean. I doubt you'll find it with any retailers now its been out for several years. Add it to your discogs want list and wait. There's one there @ $50 but bugger that. Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Guys.

I found that these two were right in the '90's Alt/Rock explosion, 1994...

'The Crow' Soundtrack 1994 Atlantic Recording Corp. WEA, Warner, Aust.

1440398796_TheCrowSoundtrack1994AtlanticRecordingCorp.WEAWarnerAust..thumb.jpg.b78d062432dd413cfcf243c57d9e067e.jpg

A great movie and a CD that opened me to My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, and The Jesus and Mary Chain.  It was the first time I ever really listened to a Cure song as well, and it was a great introduction to them. .  I also have the second movie soundtrack on Vinyl...

'The Crow - Salvation' Soundtrack 2000 Koch Records, USA. Made in USA. Vinyl.

177804198_TheCrow-SalvationSoundtrack2000KochRecordsUSA.MadeinUSA.Vinyl..JPG.9adceb53edd791358ec2f4f9e742e245.JPG

I didn't light it up properly, just a quickie, I didn't play it today, just thought of it while posting.  As with most sequels, there was too much to live up to and they often don't compare well.  But the soundtrack is amazing, will play and post soon.

This one is a bit more Metal.  I'm not sure if I have ever watched this one.  It must be a ripper if I can't remember.  Anyway, the soundtrack is very good with tracks from band albums like 'Cemetery Gates' by Pantera where Phil's voice impressed me with his full ability again.

'Demon Knight' Soundtrack 1994 Atlantic Recording Corp. WEA, Warner, Aust.

1614487564_DemonKnightSoundtrack1994AtlanticRecordingCorp.WEAWarnerAust..jpg.672e93e0f4d6d3e4a008bb294da9086f.jpg

Closing with a bit of Rap/Hip Hop, it takes me to another soundtrack 'Judgement Night', with a fusion of Metal and Hip Hop artists.  But haven't played it yet either.

That's all for now.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ABG said:

Oren Ambarchi - Sagittarian Domain

Image result for oren ambarchi sagittarian domain

A most enjoyable 33 minute musical journey.  @Citroen do you have this on vinyl?  If so, could you please report on the pressing?

I think it was this album on vinyl that really got me into Oren Ambarchi. 

As Dave says, it sounds great, well pressed. Looks like that discogs copy might be all that's currently available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hired goon said:

a1670723563_14.jpg

S U P E R F L A T スーパーフラット - Midnight Ads -- "future funk", which as far as I can tell is kinda Daft Punk meets vaporwave. "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff 

Ni,

Isn't that part of the 170+ albums you can download for $US1, there is a lot to go through there:thumb:

JJ

• Like 3

Liam Gallagher - As You Were.  who would have thought, Liam making better music than big bro.    super new album and shits all over his Beady Eye stuff.   quiet pressing and excellent sound.

26685930127_975a8b2804_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Liquored up and thanking God that she allowed me to enter life in 1969. I don’t care if I sound old, there just ain’t rock and roll like this anymore.

765CDC81-0830-409F-8D28-3CACA38107F4.thumb.jpeg.9b7c300c3da247e1eb614d217facd55f.jpeg

I’ll bet the ML5s are screaming for mercy ?

i recently got this on vinyl, so it’s next up, thanks for the reminder Daz 

Edited by awayward
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

a3852709494_14.jpg

Camino 84 - Yacht Rock Breaks -- what it says: 2 x 20min tracks of slap bass, tasteful arrangements, jazzy chords, smooth as silk and as soulless AF until chopped up and put in the blender here. Sampled from cheesy albums from '76 to '84, apparently, and to be listened to ironically.  "Name Yer Price" lossless download from Bandcamp.  

--Geoff

• Like 4

I think I must just have been in the mood for some female vocals tonight, onto Princess Fiona next.

I won't type the full title out for risk of RSI however this album held the record for longest title at one point in time.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_the_Pawn... 

Titles aside it is really a sensational album and was something completely new to me the first time I heard it way back when.

Fiona Apple - When The Pawn...

DSC_0378.thumb.JPG.93b8f58bbe86b154011a481f9aa73440.JPG

Edited by Teksiis
  • Like 3