Currently Spinning

Its not I don't like it...well yes, OK, I admit it I've yet to warm to it. Maybe needs a few more listens. 

A plus - I don't hate it!

BTW, Only my Mother calls me Clifford :(

Its Cliff, or C U nt, or something similar but never Clifford please. ;)

• Like 3

Its not I don't like it...well yes, OK, I admit it I've yet to warm to it. Maybe needs a few more listens. 

A plus - I don't hate it!

BTW, Only my Mother calls me Clifford [emoji20]
Its Cliff, or C U nt, or something similar but never Clifford please. [emoji6]
I may get banned....a85af5c6f0775f73c262dfc6714f34dd.jpg
  • Haha 3

My favourite Who studio LP... "teenage wasteland" remastered 1995 on CD which sounds pretty good.

Anyone heard the Polydor vinyl reissue and think it's worth getting?

IMG_20180403_084830995.jpg

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

816CyNiNKIL._SX466_.jpg

JJ

Interesting story behind the naming of this album. I spoke yesterday of the unusual collaboration between Mr Young and Devo during the filming of the movie 'Human Highway' and their "Hey Hey, My My" jam session, on the Youtube Spinning thread. Apparently, in Devo's early days the guys would raise funds for the band by coming up with advertising logo's for local companies and print promotional material for them. They came up with a logo for a local 'rust-oleum' product and printed it onto pairs of 'promotional' jocks. A few years before the film shoot, when Neil Young and Devo first met, Neil noticed a pair of these jocks (not actually being worn by anyone at the time:lol:), loved the words and asked Devo if they'd mind him using them for an album title, to which the answer was 'no problem'. Those words were "Rust Never Sleeps". So, the name for this iconic (but unfortunately badly recorded:( IMO) live album was a Devo creation. Well done, Spudboys!:)

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 5

Somehow I never got into ACDC. But in Form 5 I did get this after reading about it in NME . Made in Oz by Festival Records. Haven't bothered to get the new reissue even though my copy's pretty used.

IMG_20180403_151059448.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, YCC said:

Somehow I never got into ACDC. But in Form 5 I did get this after reading about it in NME . Made in Oz by Festival Records. Haven't bothered to get the new reissue even though my copy's pretty used.

Same here.:)

I must admit it is nice to find someone else in Australia who doesn't worship ( or even like ) AC/DC. I thought I was the only one.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, rantan said:

Same here.:)

I must admit it is nice to find someone else in Australia who doesn't worship ( or even like ) AC/DC. I thought I was the only one.

Back in the 70's in Kuala Lumpur, hardly any music on radio apart from the likes of Elvis, Vinton, Humperdinck et al. I relied on NME & Melody Maker to seek out alternative acts. Did not consciously avoid ACDC, just didn't know about them, that's all. By the time I landed in Oz and heard them, was a bit late, as my tastes have changed. To be honest, listening to LZ makes me cringe, sometimes...one has to be "in the mood" I'm afraid unlike the Fifth Former.

• Like 1

Jack White - Boarding House Reach.   brand new Jack White album

For the anal collector there are 9 different pressings, each with different spoken word for track B11 - Get In The Mind Shaft.  Mine is 353

Really good album and skirts quite a few different styles.

41204612661_741400eb71_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2