Currently Spinning

7 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Starting the day with 

Eurythmics_-_Touch.jpg  then TearsRollDown.jpg

JJ

@Janjuc Is that Tears For Fears Greatest Hits on vinyl or CD? I have the CD of it (a really great selection of songs!) but I would love to have it on vinyl......:)

Guest Hensa

Kicking off the long weekend with this cracking 2015 album from Melbourne band, City Calm Down - In a Restless House. Catchy as all get out. They’re playing in June at the Metro for any interested Sydneysiders.

4A213D17-AF39-458F-9E99-BEC55C05529C.thumb.jpeg.d8d6609d45f3c9e7fb7b5314466dbcc5.jpeg

21 minutes ago, stevoz said:

@Janjuc Is that Tears For Fears Greatest Hits on vinyl or CD? I have the CD of it (a really great selection of songs!) but I would love to have it on vinyl......:)

Hi @stevoz

It is on CD, but looking on eBay the CD is selling for for ~ $100 and the vinyl, the cheapest is from Brazil ~ $80 at the moment....

JJ   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @stevoz

It is on CD, but looking on eBay the CD is selling for for ~ $100 and the vinyl, the cheapest is from Brazil ~ $80 at the moment....

JJ   

Wow......maybe I'll stick to my CD for now (why so dear on CD, I wonder?). My previous searches for this on vinyl have always come up empty, so good to know it's at least available as a record.:thumb: Thanks JJ.

Edited by stevoz

Guest Hensa

“Here’s Johnny!” Some Johnny Cash by way of American IV: The Man Comes Around. Recent EU repress of very high quality. Phenomenal voice!

7249D485-2A0A-44CC-9927-DC7DEF86F93A.thumb.jpeg.dde1f6e5c4d0087e6136737870d83f3e.jpeg

Rationale - Self Titled

Image result for rationale rationale album

Very polished album that highlights the voice of Tinashe Fazakerley.  While it's a bit formulaic in parts for my tastes, there are some killer tracks on here.  And while it's a touch over-produced for my liking, it does sound great cranked up loud.  I can see this being used as a demo at future hi-fi shows.  Buy it for the SQ, stay for the great tracks.  Really good pressing to boot.  Thanks @scuzzii

• Like 3

Robert Plant ‎– Pictures At Eleven.  Robert's first solo album and his determination to sound nothing like Led Zep was realised.  Even all these years later, its still does't quite catch me - must have been bloody Phil Collins on drums :P

41047979242_69de6a74e1_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bill Laswell - Hashisheen:The End Of Law

The Cast

Spoken word artists

Hakim Bey – spoken word (5, 6, 21)
Nicole Blackman – spoken word (7, 9, 11, 19)
William S. Burroughs – spoken word (3)
Anne Clark – spoken word (20)
Ira Cohen – spoken word (10)
Lizzy Mercier Descloux – spoken word (14)
Sussan Deyhim – spoken word (1, 4, 22)
Umar Bin Hassan – spoken word (18)
Percy Howard – spoken word (2, 8, 12)
Genesis P-Orridge – spoken word (2, 16, 17, 20)
Iggy Pop – spoken word (3, 15)
Patti Smith – spoken word (14)
Jah Wobble – bass guitar, keyboards and spoken word (13)
Musicians

Helios Creed – guitar and effects (16, 17)
Anton Fier – drums (7, 8, 11, 19)
Bill Laswell – bass guitar and effects (16, 17), musical arrangements
Jaki Liebezeit – drums (13)
Neville Murray – bendir and congas (13)
Oliver Ray – guitar (14)
Paul Schütze – instruments (12, 15)
Nicky Skopelitis – guitar (5, 14)
Techno Animal – instruments (3)

images (98).jpeg

• Like 3

Robert Plant ‎– Pictures At Eleven.  Robert's first solo album and his determination to sound nothing like Led Zep was realised.  Even all these years later, its still does't quite catch me - must have been bloody Phil Collins on drums [emoji14]

41047979242_69de6a74e1_b.jpg
I like this and Principle of the moment. Let me know if you want to offload. His later stuff hasn't grabbed me. I've listen to his latest a few times and I yawn.. must be me as others like it.
  • Like 1

Well, I've given up. I will no longer put records away when drinking. No more!!

When I first started to discover the band Spain, I was absolutely sure I had 'she haunts my dreams'. Swore I had played it. But when the other titles arrived and I was playing them regularly, I couldn't for the life of me find 'she haunts....'

So I order another copy.

I'm putting records away this morn (clearly not started drinking just yet) and there it is...

Playing it now. Great album. My pref however is the Morning sessions release.

Great morning ballads from this band. You can't go wrong.

Spain: she haunts my dreams

f9b7a964b05d07d32d6363a413f1a04c.jpg3fa4383fbf671bac2ce802db92a2eaf3.jpgef9895dead56f8be36c40ca128059084.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Guest Hensa

My son asked me what made me start liking music so much? Rather than explain it, I sat him down and played him this:

7ED37735-7867-40D3-8550-1B5259736738.thumb.jpeg.ace6448657d12a2e7f84bcc077f4c36c.jpeg

His first comment: “It’s weird but interesting.”

His second comment during track 2: “How long does this go on for?” ?

1 hour ago, scuzzii said:

Well, I've given up. I will no longer put records away when drinking. No more!!

When I first started to discover the band Spain, I was absolutely sure I had 'she haunts my dreams'. Swore I had played it. But when the other titles arrived and I was playing them regularly, I couldn't for the life of me find 'she haunts....'

So I order another copy.

I'm putting records away this morn (clearly not started drinking just yet) and there it is...

Playing it now. Great album. My pref however is the Morning sessions release.

Great morning ballads from this band. You can't go wrong.

Spain: she haunts my dreams

f9b7a964b05d07d32d6363a413f1a04c.jpg

LOVE this album..standard Sunday morning spin at my house.  <3 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hensa said:

My son asked me what made me start liking music so much? Rather than explain it, I sat him down and played him this:

7ED37735-7867-40D3-8550-1B5259736738.thumb.jpeg.ace6448657d12a2e7f84bcc077f4c36c.jpeg

His first comment: “It’s weird but interesting.”

His second comment during track 2: “How long does this go on for?” ?

maybe play him Amos Lee .....    

Guest Hensa

Another album I read about here from @ABG whose tastes are largely similar (with some acute exceptions) to my own.

Just a brilliant album that gets you in from track one and keeps you there till the end.

The Bros. Landreth - Let It Lie. Vinyl mastering and pressing is first class.

715A27F4-341A-41DC-888F-55E63AFA6949.thumb.jpeg.5922143777b20ce3c6b8dde55b39aa30.jpeg

Franco Battiato - Sulle Corde di Aries

LP reissue on Superior Viaduct, originally released 1973. I bought this after reading the hype about its recent reissue. First listen was a bit meh, but a couple of months later I try again and.... this is my third spin in a row starting last night. Just an amazing album. Total head trip, takes you on quite a journey.

cover_55251932017_r.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hensa said:

Another album I read about here from @ABG whose tastes are largely similar (with some acute exceptions) to my own.

Just a brilliant album that gets you in from track one and keeps you there till the end.

The Bros. Landreth - Let It Lie. Vinyl mastering and pressing is first class.

LOL - like electronic music.    Greg, you really need to get on the synth wagon :)    I think you would like this one - or maybe n...

Scuba  ‎– DJ-Kicks.  2LP of superb electronic licks.  just to screw with your mind, side 1 is 45rpm and 2-4 33rpm with no markings on the vinyl    :baby:

39296184010_612b051aa9_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1