Currently Spinning

Spinning a bit of Kansas today with this (on CD), released in 2000, it's the last Kansas album with the great Kerry Livgren's songwriting (he wrote all the songs on it) and guitar input, before his stroke curtailed him, and the original line up + long time bassist Billy Greer. A great and under-rated album. I wish it was available on vinyl but the CD does sound pretty awesome!

5ab057448c7f9_KansasSomewhereToElsewherecover.jpg.6fcfac15f5475c7a6cc76fbdadfe5952.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

When Zappa plays jazz you can bet it's his own crazy zany style, just look at the cover art! But the music does not disappoint, up there with "Hot Rats" I reckon, and look at the lineup he's assembled!

IMG_20180320_123941938.jpg

IMG_20180320_123956133.jpg

• Like 4

Another CD, best of Spectrum/Murtceps (great stuff!):

5ab0928a54922_Spectrum-MurtcepsGhostscover.gif.9244900c03714386fc145c10cc55d011.gif

PS: Anyone got a vinyl copy of Spectrum's "Testimonial" in great nick they want to part with for 'not a lot'........:lol:.......:sorry: It's a long shot!!

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, stevoz said:

Another CD, best of Spectrum/Murtceps (great stuff!):

5ab0928a54922_Spectrum-MurtcepsGhostscover.gif.9244900c03714386fc145c10cc55d011.gif

PS: Anyone got a vinyl copy of Spectrum's "Testimonial" in great nick they want to part with for 'not a lot'........:lol:.......:sorry: It's a long shot!!

Hi

I have Part One and Milesago, but not about to part with them, great Aus rock from the early 70's :thumb:

JJ

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi

I have Part One and Milesago, but not about to part with them, great Aus rock from the early 70's :thumb:

JJ

I wouldn't either JJ:cool:. I have "Warts Up Your Nose" by Murtceps on vinyl.......not parting with that. My brother has 'Testimonial', I may have to steal it.:lol:

• Like 1

Now onto this gem (featuring Bill Paxton on vocals with multi- instrumentalist Andrew Todd and other musicians from Devo, Oingo Boingo and Cindy Wilson of the B52's)(German 1st pressing):

5ab0a3ef77565_MartiniRanchHolyCowcover2.jpg.a3a8a1484a7ff828eae60976ee705bd7.jpg

Obviously with that line up, it's a lot of fun........but musically, it's seriously delicious fun! Great recording and pressing too.:cool:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

It's back to the 'Ash (after a bit of a thrashing of their live stuff in recent days) with this UK 1st pressing of:

"There's The Rub".......

5ab0afe670c95_WishboneAshTherestheRub.jpg.c8ce775bc439c738eea6f0a547a1b300.jpg

I must say, I'm all over the (musical) shop today........:)

• Like 4

Visor - Visor. File under:Abstract Electronic

VISOR is a collaboration by Joerg Follert (Saucer, Motel, Wunder), Jens Massel (Genf, Kandis, Senking) and Tom Steinle. VISOR is a tribute to Talk Talk's last album "Laughing Stock". Each of the three members contributed two tracks, with each contributor's cuts intersequenced with the others. 

Originally released as a CDR limited to 100 copies for Christmas, 1997. This reissue is a pressed CD in a cardboard sleeve.

R-1818423-1245405951.jpeg.jpg

Nice bums there Martin.

I'm listening to image.png.78377c6186bf6e691d78077c54dea2fe.png

The Robert Palmer background vocals are really really interesting both form a historical pov but also in a technical sense. Listen to 'Most Dangerous Man on Earth' and try to keep the major/minor key the background guys hold to and it continues on to the title track.

I might be wrong but I think R.Palmer hadn't popped onto the pop scene in a big way yet.

Such a shame he died at a young age. I think they named a star after him.

And Rupert Hine...look at the guy, he's no oil painting yet his squeeze was Stevie Nicks! WD I say.

Love those two tracks

• Like 3

a0202542289_14.jpg

Rene van der Wouden - Sequential Mixed Up -- almost 2 hours of what seems like an 80s Tangerine Dream homage, with lots of sequencers and drum machines. A bit rough around the edges, and some questionable drum patterns, but it's an enjoyable throwback to days of yore. Free lossless download from Bandcamp.

--Geoff

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

David Sancious & Tone - Transformation  (The Speed of Love)

unnamed (9).jpg

This is one of THE best jazz fusion masterpieces ever! D.S. is one seriously good musician and this right up there with the best in the business.

Huge fan here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luc said:

Nice bums there Martin.

I'm listening to image.png.78377c6186bf6e691d78077c54dea2fe.png

The Robert Palmer background vocals are really really interesting both form a historical pov but also in a technical sense. Listen to 'Most Dangerous Man on Earth' and try to keep the major/minor key the background guys hold to and it continues on to the title track.

I might be wrong but I think R.Palmer hadn't popped onto the pop scene in a big way yet.

Such a shame he died at a young age. I think they named a star after him.

And Rupert Hine...look at the guy, he's no oil painting yet his squeeze was Stevie Nicks! WD I say.

Love those two tracks

Another totally unknown genius.

You could buy just about any of his albums and be very highly impressed, this being one of the best ones.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi

JJ

I have Indelible Murtceps ‎– "Warts Up Your Nose", somewhere, but don't appear to have graded & discogged it yet. Probably a VG/VG+ disc & VG cover from memory...

• Like 2