Currently Spinning

On 1/22/2018 at 8:46 AM, mondie said:

I absolutely love Dio and the bands first four albums are classic metal that takes me back to my teens but that still thrills today. This five-disc set is a great intro to the band if you don't know them. Dio's voice is epic, and he had a great band behind him.

61EUZPT1RmL.jpg

I'm glad DIO formed as it meant Simon Wright left AC/DC!!:lol: Definitely a good drummer but no Phil Rudd.

• Like 2

If you followed Melbourne's alt scene in the mid 80's you would have seen these guys, I have a few of their releases on vinyl, however they never quite captured their essence in the studio, live they were in their element!

That's Andrew Pendlebury (The Sports) on blistering guitar and Mark Ferrie (The Models, Sacred Cowboys and Rockwiz Orchestra) on bass

https://www.discogs.com/artist/1238485-The-Slaughtermen

• Like 3

After hearing a grab from it on the tennis coverage and thinking "yeah":cool:, I put this on (CD....haven't got the vinyl of this), having not heard it for ages:
5a66a11f8109d_EmpieoftheSunWOADcover.jpg.131bff42c371a2527c22f9a4e2b9f636.jpg

Great sounds and an emotionally strong album.[emoji4]
I really like the first half of this album, but I think the second half is not of the same high standard; perhaps pressure to release the album made them rush a little bit.
Still, you've inspired me to spin it later today; thanks mate! [emoji5]
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wiffle said:

I really like the first half of this album, but I think the second half is not of the same high standard; perhaps pressure to release the album made them rush a little bit.
Still, you've inspired me to spin it later today; thanks mate! emoji5.png

Enjoy it Wiffle. Playing EOTS has taken me back about ten years and now I'm onto this, which came out in the same year(2008), again on CD:P:
5a66afc612e8a_B52sFunplexcover.jpg.ecabba95228e0f22466c6a25e6323f79.jpg
Great fun, as this band always are!:lol:

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

Amaranthe - Massive Addictive

The first time I heard these guys and girl me and my son were scrolling through YouTube looking at Nightwish type bands. The first song of theirs we heard we looked at each other and went WTF!? Truly a gem of a find. Makes you wonder how many other bands are out there waiting for you to stumble across them.

DSC_0268.JPG

• Like 1

Amaranthe - Massive Addictive
The first time I heard these guys and girl me and my son were scrolling through YouTube looking at Nightwish type bands. The first song of theirs we heard we looked at each other and went WTF!? Truly a gem of a find. Makes you wonder how many other bands are out there waiting for you to stumble across them.
DSC_0268.thumb.JPG.35b450db0f5f6fceda9e6f2f91598399.JPG
I just looked this up on Tidal; f#ck yeah!!! Could easily descend into Eurovision, but then the guitar hooks are so crunchy, and the beats so compulsive, it just works; for me anyway! Thanks for the heads up!!! [emoji106]
  • Like 1

Screaming Trees ‎– Dust.  original US pressing.  the final studio album is a ripper. has probably my fav Lanegan song - All I Know.

25980218828_6797cc705d_b.jpg

4 corners of a dream from Nick Oliveri's "a drug problem that never existed" is another great ML track, one of my favourites, and one I don't listen to enough...
  • Like 1

Loving the sound quality of these new reissues of Saint Etienne's Tiger Bay and So Tough, really beautiful bass!

If you like S.E., the 20th Anniversary reissue of Foxbase Alpha from 2016 on Heavenly is just as excellent sounding.

SE-TigerBay.jpg.1b6862f147fc8f0975eb523fc40ed519.jpgSE-SoTough.jpg.1fac7b040b8a571ae6fda923a6397ff6.jpg

Are there any Badfinger fans out there? I like their Beatlesque pop songs, cos McCartney had taken them under his wings and signed them to Apple in the early days.

Biggest hit was "Come & get it" but they penned "Without You" which was massive hit for Nilsson.

IMG_20180124_140303933.jpg

• Like 2