Currently Spinning

20 hours ago, Citroen said:

An evensong of The Church

5a5c5c0600ef8_TheChurchlps.thumb.jpg.30ea12af16bcf262fdefa1ae2dd5db34.jpg

haha , got a gig this arvo. The Church are one of the only australian bands from the 80s I could stomach much less ever bought an album. :thumb:

DSC_0262.JPG

Edited by crisis
  • Like 2

Let It Lie - The Bros. Landreth

Image result for Let It Lie - The Bros. Landreth

Came across these guys while watching That Pedal Show on Ewechube.  Joey Landreth has some chops!  Then there are the harmonies on this album - sublime.  This is 70's dad rock done with reverence and aplomb.  Well worth a listen if you're in the mood for something cruisy.

• Like 2

Let It Lie - The Bros. Landreth

the-bros-landreth-2.jpg

Came across these guys while watching That Pedal Show on Ewechube.  Joey Landreth has some chops!  Then there are the harmonies on this album - sublime.  This is 70's dad rock done with reverence and aplomb.  Well worth a listen if you're in the mood for something cruisy.
Is Sonny the other Landreth bro? Now he's got some chops!!!

5 minutes ago, Wiffle said:

Is Sonny the other Landreth bro? Now he's got some chops!!!

Not sure if they're related, but Sonny is from Louisiana - Joey and Dave are from much further north.  I'll check out Sonny's work - thanks.  :thumb:

• Like 1

The Cranberries ‎– Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?   original 1993 UK pressing and sounds great - this is back in the dark days of vinyl where record companies were actively trying to get rid of vinyl - even stooping to plain covers like this and just putting a cd cover inside.  How times have changed.

RIP Dolores - gone far too soon. she was only 21 when this album released.

39704501162_ec4f1d62dc_b.jpg

• Like 4

Re Bros Landreth

If that is a father / son type of affair and his sons have any where near the talent that he has, then this is a no brainer. methinks I need a copy!

Here's the credits info from RYM

Credits

• Todd Martin
    French horn, harmonica
  • Wallace "Daddio" Landreth
    vocals
  • Murray Pulver
    guitar
  • Joey Landreth
    guitar, vocals
  • David Landreth
    bass, vocals
  • Ryan "Rhino" Voth
    drums, percussion
  • Alex Campbell
    keyboards
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 9:04 PM, metal beat said:

KD Lang - Shadowland.  2017 reissue.  @Y B  sounds great.  I am appreciating KD a lot more now than when these were released when I ignored them :blush:

24831955427_5fd2ecf43d_b.jpg

My favourite kd album (of the few that I know anyhow!). 1988 AU version here.

Lang, Kuti, Cloher

5a5ed9e0bcd76_LangKutiCloher.thumb.jpg.4821829eff6c8ef8be2f7b2addd04ee1.jpg

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, progladyte said:

JUST ORDERED THE BROS LANDRETH

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!

Shout it from the rooftops!  :winky:  I'm assuming you're getting this on CD not record given the absurd price of the vinyl?

Re your earlier question, Sonny Landreth is definitely not the father of David and Joey.  However, their dad - Wally - is a respected musician from Winnipeg.  I have no clue whether Sonny is related to the Canadian Landreth clan.

P.S. If you get the chance to see them live, jump at the opportunity.  I saw them a couple of years ago at the now defunct Newtown Social Club in Sydney.  The audience was tiny - their energy and abilities huge.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ABG said:

Shout it from the rooftops!  :winky:  I'm assuming you're getting this on CD not record given the absurd price of the vinyl?

Re your earlier question, Sonny Landreth is definitely not the father of David and Joey.  However, their dad - Wally - is a respected musician from Winnipeg.  I have no clue whether Sonny is related to the Canadian Landreth clan.

P.S. If you get the chance to see them live, jump at the opportunity.  I saw them a couple of years ago at the now defunct Newtown Social Club in Sydney.  The audience was tiny - their energy and abilities huge.

Thanks for the info.

I didn't opt for the vinyl as most of my kleckshun is either on CD or digital in 320 or Flac although I still have some old vinyl floating around.

Cheers

Prog

• Like 1

To Top