Currently Spinning

On 1/10/2018 at 10:34 AM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Workday playlist

Muzak!? :)

R-829200-1164729796.jpeg.jpg

CD re-release with lots of B sides etc to keep the fan happy. But next time I'll just play the original album.  The extras, while entertaining, are not essential.

Edited by ThirdDrawerDown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Primal Scream - Screamadelica.   original UK pressing.  This album is insane!!   Can't wait to see them live next month:thumb:

38748546925_a6d522ebc7_b.jpg

Better than insane, it just dropped out of a black hole from the future and totally blew every other album out of the water. Primal Scream have never been able to repeat it but making one album this good in your lifetime is an amazing achievement

• Like 4

The thread on great Australian albums has got me back to one of my most played Australian bands.

The quite wonderful Pillage Before Plunder (2009) is the most well-worn and on its strengths I bought the other two. The Luxury of Wasted Space (2013) is a little more stark in its arrangements but continues with the minor chords (and nice to hear a band poking fun at themselves).  Playing Boyfriends and Girlfriends (2005) I'm still exploring.

R-5452619-1406738593-7582.jpeg.jpg

R-5688257-1399982598-3292.jpeg.jpg

R-5452614-1406738669-5948.jpeg.jpg

16 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

The thread on great Australian albums has got me back to one of my most played Australian bands.

The quite wonderful Pillage Before Plunder (2009) is the most well-worn and on its strengths I bought the other two. The Luxury of Wasted Space (2013) is a little more stark in its arrangements but continues with the minor chords (and nice to hear a band poking fun at themselves).  Playing Boyfriends and Girlfriends (2005) I'm still exploring.

Does this mean you have your Cornet 2 connected up, Murray?  :)

Andy

16 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Thanks to @scuzzii for this recommendation (in the SNA Albums of 2017 thread) I don't have very much experience with jazz (a few Miles Davis and Brubeck that's all)....but really glad I took the plunge on this one...

IMG_1087.JPG

Glad I could assist.  Let me know if you want other recommendations (just send a PM).  Also, cruise through the Jazz currently spinning thread.  The main guys in there are always generous with their suggestions.