Currently Spinning

Day 3 plays...

Kanye & Jay Z - Watch The Throne Deluxe version...adore this album and the bling packaging, which I've been waiting on for ever. Beautifully constructed, incredible beats, sick vocals. One of my very favourite all time rap and hip hop albums. Epic listen.

Simply Red - Stars - European OG. Always a great listen, as Mick Hucknall becomes more and more self-focussed and Simply Red truly becomes a backing band for just his visions. Barely a mis-step on it.

Ben Harper - Fight For Your Mind - RSD Green/Red double vinyl repress.  I could happily take these 3 albums to the desert island and be sated for ever more.

Day3 plays.jpg

• Like 1

Perfect Xmas music :hiccup       The Fall ‎– The Marshall Suite.  2017 reissue by Let Em eat Vinyl.  excellent album and an average sounding reissue. I am enjoying it but I think subconsciously every time I listen to a Fall album my sound quality expectation switch is lower.    still worth getting if cheap.

39248068571_415fe6678e_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Ibeyi - Ash

Image result for ibeyi ash

I've posted this before, but just received the vinyl.  Sound quality and pressing both superb!  Not sure if you like the vinyl or CD best?  No sweat - you get both and as you can see, it's a funky fold open cover design.  The best bit?  The music!  It's a winner.

• Like 3

Another fantastic album from PSB and probably their best. The album has great variety and is particularly poignant at times. I particularly love 'mother of the village'. It's quite an achievement to chose an emotive theme like the loss of employment, identity and community that resulted from the closure of the Welsh coal mines and make such a great set of songs about it.

512LE2VY+QL._SS500.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Perfect Xmas music :hiccup       The Fall ‎– The Marshall Suite.  2017 reissue by Let Em eat Vinyl.  excellent album and an average sounding reissue. I am enjoying it but I think subconsciously every time I listen to a Fall album my sound quality expectation switch is lower.    still worth getting if cheap.

39248068571_415fe6678e_b.jpg

Love this track :)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, powerav said:

Inspired by @progladyte this in 5.1 WOW!!!!

A0E8B1EF-99F4-49F7-AEB5-9C88E5D5E323.jpeg

Is that on SACD? I have some standout SACD's, BIA by Dire Straits and Gaucho by Steely Dan, they're the only digital discs I have that come close to analogue for a quality 'sweet spot' listening experience. I have always wished that 'New Gold Dream' had the sonic dynamics of the later 'Once Upon A Time', an outstanding recording. I take it that your "WOW" indicates the 5.1 mix elevates the dynamics to a decent level?:cool:

• Like 2

New Order - Power Corruption and Lies.  2009 reissue. excellent sounding reissue, but I would cream my shorts for an original UK pressing.  This is a desert island disc that takes me back to 1983 and a simpler most awesome time of my life every time I spin this.:wub:

25387595128_f4aea8c3e3_h.jpg

• Like 4