Currently Spinning

KD-Ingenue.jpg.955476b5842996343a93760ad9c81c15.jpgKD-Shadowland.jpg.d24b4b9d23e8baf9a38b431c6914dc42.jpg

On 14/09/2017 at 6:47 PM, metal beat said:

K.D. Lang - Ingenue.  the just released 25th anniversary 2LP vinyl reissue of the classic album.  the 2nd LP has the majority of the songs sung in an MTV unplugged session.

This is top class all the way. packaging is wonderful, pressings are perfect - 120gm and very quiet,  its all been mastered by Chris Bellman and sounds sublime.  I have not spun the MTV unplugged as yet.   Its a must buy:thumb:

Agree! I have always wanted Ingénue and Shadowland on vinyl. After reading your post I just have to get them. So thanks for the heads up. 

Shadowland is actually my fav album of K.D. Lang's, perhaps it's because it's the album I got to know her amazing voice. I was then a young high school student!

I want Drag on vinyl too. Hopefully it's going to be released soon. After these three albums, my taste in music changed and I lost interest in her later work...

Shadowland is just as well done! 140 gram, flat and quiet. Vinyl is also cut by Chris Bellman, but pressed by Optimal Media instead of (what seemed to be) Record Industry for Ingénue.

Edited by Y B

55 minutes ago, Y B said:

KD-Ingenue.jpg.955476b5842996343a93760ad9c81c15.jpgKD-Shadowland.jpg.d24b4b9d23e8baf9a38b431c6914dc42.jpg

Agree! I have always wanted Ingénue and Shadowland on vinyl. After reading your post I just have to get them. So thanks for the head up. 

Shadowland is actually my fav album of K.D. Lang's, perhaps it's because it's the album I got to know her amazing voice. I was then a young high school student!

I want Drag on vinyl too. Hopefully it's going to be released soon. After these three albums, my taste in music changed and I lost interest in her later work...

Shadowland is just as well done! 140 gram, flat and quiet. Vinyl is also cut by Chris Bellman, but pressed by Optimal Media instead of (what seemed to be) Record Industry for Ingénue.

Cool.  Can't say I was ever a fan of KD - lol.    But I always knew she was a good singer and I enjoy the only album I have of hers - All you can Eat.   But being a bit older now, I quite like her.

When the reissue came out, I read it was pretty good sounding.

Now from your positive thoughts on Shadowland - that is in the basket as well as Hymms of the 49th :)

Edited by metal beat

29 minutes ago, metal beat said:

But being a bit older now, I quite like her.

Perhaps a lot older!  :P

Though I'd guess you're probably feeling much younger ... seeing as how Baby Spice has taken you back.  :winky:

Andy

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, andyr said:

Perhaps a lot older!  :P

Though I'd guess you're probably feeling much younger ... seeing as how Baby Spice has taken you back.  :winky:

Andy

well perhaps :P   but whenever I feel a bit old, I just think of older farts like you  :angel:

Steve Earle - The Hard Way.   I see quite a few Steve earle albums have been remastered and reissued on vinyl.   Anyone heard any of them?

37141640924_19bbfd7263_b.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Y B said:

Ditto.

I would love to get Drag on vinyl. I don't think it was ever released as an lp.

Shadowland 1988 AU

20171023_001626.thumb.jpg.e5e47979d0fb4bf2eb0aa157a61e2540.jpg

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 4

Ditto.
I would love to get Drag on vinyl. I don't think it was ever released as an lp.

Shadowland 1988 US
20171023_001626.thumb.jpg.e5e47979d0fb4bf2eb0aa157a61e2540.jpg

You are right Drag was never released on vinyl. I am hoping...

Wow the original US release of Shadowland, I’m very jealous indeed!

Oops! My bad, its only the Australasian 1988 version :blush:

14 minutes ago, Slave2TheRhythm said:

You are right Drag was never released on vinyl. I am hoping...

Wow the original US release of Shadowland, I’m very jealous indeed!

• Like 1

a0976907916_16.jpg

i got so excited when I saw the pre-ordering of the new Shpongle that I ordered the vinyl & cd. They are now in the mail. The good thing about Bandcamp is the free downloads. So I downloaded the WAV file & burned it to disc. It has been on continuous rotation since 0600hrs. Brilliant!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, metal beat said:

all this talk about Tom waits reissues has got me pulling a few albums for a spin.  Alice.  unlike others, my US pressing is pretty quiet.

37838963716_65526eb9a4_b.jpg

Gave my Mule Variations a spin this morning. A bit of noise on side 1 but otherwise quiet, spacious and damn right enjoyable :)

• Like 5

BENJAMIN CLEMENTINE - I Tell A Fly LP

Second albums after such a great first are often problematic but I'm beginning to think that this is even better than his debut album. 

It might not be as instantly accessible as the first but it certainly shows a maturity that I really like. 

20171024_155524.thumb.jpg.ac5acbbf511038ecdcfa02d25ce9a61e.jpg

• Like 3

To Top