Currently Spinning

in the 70's, did not even know who Tom Petty was.  in the late 80's I got into him with Full Moon Fever.  Now days have great respect for the man as one of the best American songwriters.  Whether or not he pulls through ( pray he does) he will have a superb musical legacy that we can all discover and enjoy.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - self titled debut album from 1976 - from the wonderful box set earlier this year.

36795919713_15fde35784_h.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

1983 set by Clapton. Has its moments, but overall rather beige. I wonder if the Hendrix estate receives a royalty for the shameless rip off of Jimis' arrangement of 

' All Along The Watchtower' to be found on ' Ain't Going Down' ?

Billy.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

image.jpeg.8788f9c2b242c7c343cc1e89603ba103.jpeg

eluuvium. false readings on.

The biggest problem with this album as I see it, is that nothing happens. Reminds me of drone in that regard. Four sides in and I'm still waiting for the intro to end and the action to begin... I could spin it again but I suspect I'd still be left wanting... ??

Edited by Reverend Johnny Heathen
Funny joke?
  • Like 1

New to me....got onto them via Liam Gallagher recommendation...then relised that Pearl Jam do a fantastic cover of Timeless Melody in their Manchester live concert.

Trying to expand my horizons and not just by 'monument' albums in my history (as per my original plan)

IMG_0642.JPG

• Like 2

On 3 October 2017 at 5:03 PM, Reverend Johnny Heathen said:

image.jpeg.8788f9c2b242c7c343cc1e89603ba103.jpeg

eluuvium. false readings on.

The biggest problem with this album as I see it, is that nothing happens. Reminds me of drone in that regard. Four sides in and I'm still waiting for the intro to end and the action to begin... I could spin it again but I suspect I'd still be left wanting... ??

the action happens right at the end.

i think it caught me off-guard too.

• Like 1

chelsea's here.

'hiss spun' - chelsea wolfe.

been listening to it in the car, so only heard the first 5 trax thus far.

pretty promising, though sounds much more 'rockier' and a shade lighter (thus far) than her previous, 'abyss'.

big riffs and some synths much like gary numan's post millennium dark rockstar persona. i find chelsea quite a good driving companion, certainly inspiring some momentum. :thumb:

P1080934 copy.JPG

Edited by analog brother
  • Like 4

Hi All

Another evening spent cleaning some older LP's, most cleaned well with one wash, a couple will require another go as there still seemed to be some background noise.

These came up particularly well considering their age:

KinksTheKinks.jpg R-1893758-1421226113-6044.jpeg.jpg Small_Faces_-_Ogdens'_Nut_Gone_Flake.png

JJ

• Like 8
  • Love 2