Everybody Knows 

Tonights The Night

On The Beach

Dont Be Denied

After The Gold Rush

Zuma

Rust Never Sleeps

Neil Young

i bought each one as they were released except the first one which I think was the 3 rd one released in Australia 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Citroen said:

Playing this in lieu of,  as their latest still hasn't arrived.

Can't help myself but have to rub it in haha! Arrived this morning. Sounding marvelous albeit one disc was quite wavy and need to be flattened...

TWOD-ADeeperUnderstanding.jpg.68558d07666354c13f7c6db1e86aeffa.jpg

42 minutes ago, Y B said:

Can't help myself but have to rub it in haha! Arrived this morning. Sounding marvelous albeit one disc was quite wavy and need to be flattened...

TWOD-ADeeperUnderstanding.jpg.68558d07666354c13f7c6db1e86aeffa.jpg

Is yours the European pressing done by MPO Max?  That's what I received from Amazon UK and it is superb!  @Hensa has the green pressing and reckons it sounds great too,  I reckon a shootout might be in order at the next GTG...

@Citroen Sorry Cliff, yours will arrive shortly and you can join the party.  Trust me, it's worth the wait.

1 minute ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Babel (OST)

images (75).jpg

Brilliant movie too Martin. :thumb:

• Like 2

Pink Floyd - Animals. The last of the 3 LPs I bought from Candyflip. On the back, it says 1977 Pink Floyd Music - CBS. For such an old record, it's incredibly well kept and there's an absence of noise. It's like listening to a clean digital file but with the vinyl goodness. :)

20170907_065250.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ABG said:

Is yours the European pressing done by MPO Max?  That's what I received from Amazon UK and it is superb!  @Hensa has the green pressing and reckons it sounds great too,  I reckon a shootout might be in order at the next GTG...

I have the US release which comes with both MPO and GZ Media suffixes in its matrix. I checked their matrix info on discogs before I bought it from Amazon US, thought they were the same pressing apparently it's not. Discogs is sometimes unreliable ;/  I reckon it was pressed by GZ for US release.

However, it sounded brilliant and dead quiet after 20 minutes in the US Cleaner. Just some warpage but flattened beautifully.

Count me in for the next GTG and I'll bring mine :)

23 minutes ago, Y B said:

I have the US release which comes with both MPO and GZ Media suffixes in its matrix. I checked their matrix info on discogs before I bought it from Amazon US, thought they were the same pressing apparently it's not. Discogs is sometimes unreliable ;/  I reckon it was pressed by GZ for US release.

However, it sounded brilliant and dead quiet after 20 minutes in the US Cleaner. Just some warpage but flattened beautifully.

Count me in for the next GTG and I'll bring mine :)

Max, I also have the US pressing (black vinyl) as well the coke bottle clear (also US pressing I believe). Agree that the US standard version sounds superb - mine didn't need flattening or a US clean - just an rcm clean and dead quiet and great sound. Same for the coloured vinyl - couldn't pick one over the other from a sound perspective.

1 hour ago, Hensa said:

Max, I also have the US pressing (black vinyl) as well the coke bottle clear (also US pressing I believe). Agree that the US standard version sounds superb - mine didn't need flattening or a US clean - just an rcm clean and dead quiet and great sound. Same for the coloured vinyl - couldn't pick one over the other from a sound perspective.

Greg, can you check the run out groove for the US black. It is supposed to have MPO, which means it is a Euro MPO pressing.  That is good.

I have the US pressing on order.

Cheers 

3 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Greg, can you check the run out groove for the US black. It is supposed to have MPO, which means it is a Euro MPO pressing.  That is good.

I have the US pressing on order.

Cheers 

Shall do so tonight and let you know, Shane.:thumb:

4 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Bill Laswell - Innerythmic Sound System.

images (76).jpg

Bill gets to say a few words in The Public Image is Rotten doco, which I was indeed lucky to catch at MIFF (flim fest) where a very articulate and entertaining John Lydon describes the evloution of PIL. Did you know their album Album produced by Bill featured non other than Tony Williams and Ginger Baker on drums?

http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/the-public-image-is-rotten-review-john-lydon-1202392609/

here's one time member/co conspirator of PIL, Jah Wobble live on KEXP in 2016 covering the tune Public Image

• Like 1