Currently Spinning

Mariah: Utakata No Hibi

2Lp 45RPM

Apparently this was a japanese hit back in the early 80's. Recently reissued on vinyl and it's superb over 2 records at 45rpm.

I suppose its best described as synthpop with a beautiful blend of east asian and middle eastern sounds.

Not happy with Amazon though. Cover is creased at both bottom corners, and was throw in an oversized box with one of those bubble pillows.

Won't send it back, vinyl is top notch, but will be taking pics to forward to Amazon......not that they'll care.

20170328_152458.jpg

• Like 4

New Spirit - PVT (fka Pivot).

Image result for new spirit pvt

Streaming via Tidal.  Although this isn't as immediately catchy as their previous album (Homosapien), I reckon this will be the more rewarding listen longer term.  If anyone already has this on vinyl, could you please comment on the pressing quality? 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2017 at 4:12 PM, Citroen said:

Excellent 2015 vinyl sounds of Arash Moori - Heterdyne, droney techno soundscapes.

R-7761087-1448708676-9306.jpeg.jpg

Thanks for posting Cliff.  Never come across Arash Moori before and am glad I did.  I'm also glad my partner is away at the moment 'cos she would HATE this. :thumb:

Edited by ABG
  • Like 4

Klaus Schulze, Timewind. Brain BRAIN 1075 GAT Germany 1977 reissue.

Not being into the Wagner thing, I think of Bareuth Return (s1) as a journey across a frozen wasteland. Wahnfried (s2) probably owes something to Karlhienz Stockhausen, even if Schulze dedicates it to Wagner.

DSCN1030.JPG

DSCN1031.JPG

• Like 3

Ed Sheeran.  Divide.  2LP - 45rpm pressed at Optimal and sound quality is very good.     Ed is a old fashioned singer songwriter and a pretty good one.    I get the vinyl and my daughter gets the download.

33568379421_e5e4edd5cf_b.jpg

Edited by metal beat

I ordered this as a suggestion on Amazon when I had ordered Jason Isbell.

Gave it a quick spin this afternoon and really enjoyed it.

It's a little more polished than Isbell, same great sonics and music. But more production.

Really nice ballads mixed in with some bigger compositions, and a touch of alt country.

Jack Savoretti - before the storm

Worth checking out. Only 1000 pressed (no idea what number mine is)

667bd8bce5a91a78568898e82564bc3e.jpg

3f902248d8d92e91926981df5b098435.jpg

b384fabe14007d59117e0b7a50de9b5a.jpg

ba3ad41f0fb4fa6683ec740ac322a5e4.jpg

6b0bc517f08333688cdfe0cd5958cbb7.jpg

6c98fe8aa79ba17c1e25e4021075f8a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hildur Gudnadottir - Leyfdu Ljosinu (Icelandic for "Allow the Light")

Streaming on Soundcloud

TO90.jpg

This piece was recorded solo and live with no overdubs, which you will realise what an incredible achievement that is when you listen. Powerful, moving and intensely beautiful. Easily in my top ten of the last few years. About bloody time I bought a copy (physically only on cd or usb)!

Edited by Dave O)))
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dave O))) said:

Hildur Gudnadottir - Leyfdu Ljosinu (Icelandic for "Allow the Light")

Streaming on Soundcloud

TO90.jpg

This piece was recorded solo and live with no overdubs, which you will realise what an incredible achievement that is when you listen. Powerful, moving and intensely beautiful. Easily in my top ten of the last few years. About bloody time I bought a copy (physically only on cd or usb)!

Here's a copy on CD for you Dave https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leyfdu-Ljosinu-Hildur-Gudnadottir/dp/B01H7YB6X6/ref=sr_1_9_twi_aud_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1490697631&sr=1-9&keywords=hildur+gudnadottir    :ohmy:  Me?  I'll stick to Tidal for now, which I'm doing right now.  Great recommendation Sir.

Another album my partner would absolutely detest.  How good is it when you have the place to yourself? :thumb:

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Klaus Schulze, Timewind. Brain BRAIN 1075 GAT Germany 1977 reissue.

Not being into the Wagner thing, I think of Bareuth Return (s1) as a journey across a frozen wasteland. Wahnfried (s2) probably owes something to Karlhienz Stockhausen, even if Schulze dedicates it to Wagner.

DSCN1030.JPG

Heh - I have this LP, with the same sticker on the front. Looked interesting, so I bought it, hoping it would sound kinda Tangerine Dreamy. But it was so much gooderer. 

--Geoff

• Like 2

Blanck Mass - World Eater.   Fcuk Buttons Ben Powers has produced a bit of a magical apocalyptic drone electronic masterpiece here for the 3rd album.   Listen if you dare - love it

33541849682_749ba2f92f_h.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Here's a copy on CD for you Dave https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leyfdu-Ljosinu-Hildur-Gudnadottir/dp/B01H7YB6X6/ref=sr_1_9_twi_aud_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1490697631&sr=1-9&keywords=hildur+gudnadottir    :ohmy:  Me?  I'll stick to Tidal for now, which I'm doing right now.  Great recommendation Sir.

Another album my partner would absolutely detest.  How good is it when you have the place to yourself? :thumb:

Indeed it is good. I have my mancave to myself in the evenings whiles she's upstairs watching crappy reality tv. Thank goodness for mancave, otherwise I would be (even more) insane LoL.

Did you see the price of that CD? Crazy, that's why I haven't bought it yet. eBay is cheaper in this instance, just gotta pull my trigger finger out.

SoundCloud is good, but Bandcamp is king [emoji4] Tidal? What's that? [emoji14]

Btw my kids love this, like most everything I play them. They are developing very fine taste.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Jack Savoretti - before the storm

Worth checking out. Only 1000 pressed (no idea what number mine is)

6c98fe8aa79ba17c1e25e4021075f8a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

214, so probably plenty left.

• Like 1

Belle & Sebastian: The Jeepster Singles Collection.

Cancelled my Spotify premium service last night and siged up with Tidal premium.

In conjunction with Audirvana + 3 it is excellent. 

Playing this as I plod around the house.

20170329_084925.jpg

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 2