Currently Spinning

Guest jakeyb77

Phil Collins-Face Value. The new remaster that comes part of a box set that will eventually have all of Phil's LPs remastered. The remaster is good, a bit more clarity and a bit more low end oomph. Interesting cover concept with Phil as he now is. All the covers will be done this way.

album-face-value-500x500.jpg

Love this! Box set you say? Will keep my eyes out for that. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Collins-Face Value. The new remaster that comes part of a box set that will eventually have all of Phil's LPs remastered. The remaster is good, a bit more clarity and a bit more low end oomph. Interesting cover concept with Phil as he now is. All the covers will be done this way.

album-face-value-500x500.jpg

Cool! Something to look forward to!

Listening to...

Innuendo.jpg

2015 reissue.

It sounds SO F****N GOOD!

Not only is this one of my fave Queen albums, but this release sounds really good. Very clean and detailed, with a bit more oomph on the bottom end, without being muddy, but rather dry, in your face, just how I like it.

It's like they got together and said "Ok, you're going do die soon, so, let's make the best damn goodbye album we can, oh, and by the way, let's get Steve Howe to play guitar for us, he's around".

If this is the standard to go by on the black vinyl reissues, I'm seriously considering getting the albums I'm missing to complete the collection from the same batch.

• Like 2

I have been spending a lot of time cataloging my collection into Discogs. In doing so I was really surprised to find that this fantastic Gotye album was pressed at The Vinyl Factory. Quite a few of us here bought this directly from Gotye and at one point we even got close to having him attend one of our GTG's. Anyway I was impressed to see he had gone to the VF for his initial pressing. He went on to great things with this release. Its great music.

91vXYllHodL._SL1500_.jpg

Agreed, picked up a vinyl copy on ebay from Holland and highly impressed by quality of both music and recording.

@@Marc was less than convinced on how good it sounded at a gtg a while back but wait till I play him State of the Art jacked up volume wise !  ;)

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77

Agreed, picked up a vinyl copy on ebay from Holland and highly impressed by quality of both music and recording.

@@Marc was less than convinced on how good it sounded at a gtg a while back but wait till I play him State of the Art jacked up volume wise !  ;)

Horses for courses but I find this guy boring as hell

@Marc was less than convinced on how good it sounded at a gtg a while back but wait till I play him State of the Art jacked up volume wise !   ;)

Horses for courses but I find this guy boring as hell

Oh dear - you dare say that about our illustrious leader !!???  :unsure:

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77

@

Marc was less than convinced on how good it sounded at a gtg a while back but wait till I play him State of the Art jacked up volume wise !   ;)

Oh dear - you dare say that about our illustrious leader !!???  :unsure:

Stop twisting my words @@evil c I was referring to Gotye

Marc was less than convinced on how good it sounded at a gtg a while back but wait till I play him State of the Art jacked up volume wise ! ;)

Oh dear - you dare say that about our illustrious leader !!??? :unsure:

Stop twisting my words @@evil c I was referring to Gotye

Oh - so you're saying you have bad taste , like him ! [emoji3]
  • Like 1

Guest jakeyb77

Oh - so you're saying you have bad taste , like him ! [emoji3]

With that awful ME /Yammie combination you have I'm surprised anything sounds good at your ..... oh hang on :oops:

A bit of a blast from the past...thought I better post here as I might get battered in the "metal" thread :P

Korn_Follow.jpg

Today I discovered that this album has 12 silent tracks at the start of it. I thought the disc was bad. Nu-metal bands are weird.

• Like 1

A bit of a blast from the past...thought I better post here as I might get battered in the "metal" thread[emoji14]

Korn_Follow.jpg

Today I discovered that this album has 12 silent tracks at the start of it. I thought the disc was bad. Nu-metal bands are weird.

I must admit to liking the Incubus record "Science". Give that one a go.
  • Like 1

Brent Lewis - Pulse...where the rhythm begins

Predominately a percussive album from an artist who has done opening shows for The Grateful Dead, Iron Butterfly, Steve Miller Band and Herbie Hancock. His music has also been featured in motion pictures such as "JFK", Natural Born Killers and Endless Summer 2. The majority of drums used in this album originate from the Africas.

Ikauma Records - IRD-0004

post-106275-0-59358800-1455185793.jpg

Edited by t_mike
  • Like 1

Recorded 45 years ago, live in the studio. The extraordinary Melbourne quartet, Mackenzie Theory. Such an amazing instrumental ensemble, nothing else anywhere in the world approached their deranged firepower.

post-132814-0-74459200-1455187309_thumb.

Nine months later, a live album, and that's all 'she wrote'.

post-132814-0-23077900-1455187325_thumb.

Melbourne music from 1967 thru to 1975 was exhilaratingly fresh and alive.

ZM.

• Like 5