Currently Spinning

Snuck out of work early today and have got through two of my fav 2015 albums.

Destroyer. Poison Season. Thanks @@Luc for the big recommendation. My most played album over the last few weeks. 4a74b01c9264abeb7af88ed1f4a5efaa.jpg

Blank Realm. Illegals In Heaven. It just gets better and better with each play. 88a894b487c7fb878a346499b008b709.jpg

Heading out soon to see Geoffrey Rush in King Lear at STC with gf and my daughter who is an actor. Looking forward to a night of theatre.

Shouldn't post off topic but I'm down here in Adelaide where even the beer on ice is suffering heat address stress so I switched over Ri the cunningly hidden Mumm rouge brut. Very more-ish so I drank the two bottles on offer(with others) have now requested music and more bubbles.

Had to go to Dan's where it's mercifully on special for 41 per bottle a six pack. I bought a dozen and the host threw in enough for another dozen.

And...I found a secure connection and I've dl Poison Season and the good burghers of a nice part of Adelaide are now listening to this album and staring at the idock Bose thingy in incredulity.

Win-win.

I promise not to post in here again.

It's a happy New year moment albeit a tad early. Excuse typos, done on a cracked screen ph.

• Like 5

I have not purchased a lot of new music this year, mostly reissue stuff to fill a few gaps in the archive.

I have played OZARK HENRYs ' PARAMOUNT' often and it remains a very satisfying listen. JULIA HOLTERs album grew on me.

This one snuck up on me. RYLEY is excellent. Raised on a diet of Nick Drake, John Martyn , post psychedelic TRAFFIC, and dash of FAIRPORT CONVENTION. If you have ever loved those artists, you will love this.

post-132814-0-55846600-1450934064_thumb.

I wanted to give a tip of the hat to young Melbourne muso, TAM VANTAGE ( Matlakowski when he is at home). This is a lovely album of dream pop, raising memories of early CHURCH, and Go-BETWEENS.

I fear it will fall between the cracks, being an indie artist on a small label. With only one dud track on a disc full of excellence, I hope he has the chance to blossom in coming years. Again, if you love the formative influences, you will find a lot to like about this.

post-132814-0-44733300-1450934079_thumb.

ZM.

• Like 4

Home early from the grubby toil, picked up some cheep LPs from the bins at The Rocking Of The Horse, spinning 'em now and into the evening:

51Zn9JWzFeL._SS280.jpg51BdhpXIYcL._SX280.jpg51AYD5Y9KXL._SX280.jpg
51CqLhD8uEL._SX280.jpg41CiiB1ZwEL._SX280.jpg81xW0CLU%2BBL._SX280_.jpg

Deep Purple - Fireball -- surprised to see this in the cheap bins, and in good nick, too.
Sebastian Hardie - Windchase -- second LP from Aussie prog rock peddlers.
Japan - Tin Drum -- the one with Ghosts on it.
Godley & Creme - History Mix Vol. 1 -- compilation LP from former 10CC blokes

Vangelis - China -- something nice for the mums.

Bill Nelson's Red Noise - Sound On Sound -- former Be Bop Deluxe guitarist ... goes all new wave punk, with a touch of the Gary Numans. 

--Geoff

• Like 4

eclipse_bleed_and_scream.jpg

Such a terrific Melodicrock CD.  Near on 100% perfect for the genre.    

Good for a snappy 50 min walk in Melbourne's 33 degree temp.  Sweating buckets and ready for a damn fine Xmas dinner without some of the guilt. :party :party :popcorn: :popcorn: :hiccup :hiccup

Regards Cazzesman

Staying all Americana this Christmas morning and desperately trying to drown out the god awful sound of carols being sung in the church across the road - there really should be noise pollution laws for horrid noises like this.  Neko Case - Canadian Amp

a3782eb513c171868d8b52be4f6ac975.jpg

Part of the Gladiator, Truckdriver, Mule box set. Apparently this album, which I've never listened to previously, is a home recording. Unlike the bulk of her work, most songs here are covers. The highlight for me upon first listen, is her interpretation of Hank Williams' Alone and Foresaken. The album is sparse but lovely, the recording is great as is the production, and the pressing is first rate. Hopefully the rest of the box set is up to these same standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ABG
  • Like 3

To Top