Currently Spinning

Sometimes i forget how i stumbled onto the music i felt compelled to order. This arrived today from Amazon.

41nZUQ8DVkL.jpg

Some more info on the link below as well about the artist and the mbira & kalimba that features on this CD.

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/monoswezi-yanga-monoswezi-riverboat-review-by-rob-caldwell.php

• Like 1

From the awesome Mark Lanegan Sub Pop box set, containing his first five solo albums.

IMG_20151223_102147269_HDR_zpspaetyvxc.j

I was wondering how long it would take you Chris...  :thumb:

Were you a good boy like Shane and cleaned your records before playing, or a lazy slob like me and just plonked them on?  Thoughts on pressing and SQ for the benefit of others thinking of buying?

• Like 1

I was wondering how long it would take you Chris... :thumb:

Were you a good boy like Shane and cleaned your records before playing, or a lazy slob like me and just plonked them on? Thoughts on pressing and SQ for the benefit of others thinking of buying?

Just a quick brush and played. I'm doing a bulk clean of records on Boxing Day, will clean them all then. :)

SQ is excellent. I brushed 4 of the albums and sampled on the platter, and they are all great. "I'll Take Care Of You" is still sealed, I already have that on vinyl.

Over-all it's an awesome box, but a booklet would have been a nice touch.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 3

For the second time recently driving home from work a song from a live bonus record that comes from the box set of Sticky Fingers comes on the iPod and for a few minutes the sound is so good that it feels like driving around inside a million dollar stereo

The best of the many versions of this song that I know of

post-141610-0-07099900-1450841495_thumb.

• Like 1

Snuck out of work early today and have got through two of my fav 2015 albums.

Destroyer. Poison Season. Thanks @@Luc for the big recommendation. My most played album over the last few weeks.

4a74b01c9264abeb7af88ed1f4a5efaa.jpg

Blank Realm. Illegals In Heaven. It just gets better and better with each play.

88a894b487c7fb878a346499b008b709.jpg

Heading out soon to see Geoffrey Rush in King Lear at STC with gf and my daughter who is an actor. Looking forward to a night of theatre.

Edited by Viognier
  • Like 4

Snuck out of work early today and have got through two of my fav 2015 albums.

Destroyer. Poison Season. Thanks @@Luc for the big recommendation. My most played album over the last few weeks.

4a74b01c9264abeb7af88ed1f4a5efaa.jpg

Blank Realm. Illegals In Heaven. It just gets better and better with each play.

88a894b487c7fb878a346499b008b709.jpg

Heading out soon to see Geoffrey Rush in King Lear at STC with gf and my daughter who is an actor. Looking forward to a night of theatre.

G'day Mark,

I'll have to give the Blank Realm album another go. Alex keeps telling me to check it out too. They put on an awesome live show.

I've now moved onto Roberta Flack's Killing Me Softly album, after much running around today.

Sounds like you've got an enjoyable night ahead. Enjoy [emoji4]

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5