Currently Spinning

On wax. For my money, one of only two original soundtracks that can stand on it's own 100% separately from the film as an amazing piece of music.

The other one is this:

There's a whole thread here somewhere that's devoted to movie soundtracks ...

cheers

mick

• Like 1

post-133926-0-56977900-1409876641_thumb.

Eased my way into Friday with this

post-133926-0-78998600-1409877145_thumb.

A bit of Oz rock on the drive in.

post-133926-0-29766300-1409877304_thumb.

Tootling along to some Black Sabbath now...

For years I'd never paid much mind to Sabbath post Master of Reality but I'm liking right through to Sabotage now. Never had Technical Ecstasy or Never Say Die! Are they worth exploring or have they jumped the shark by that point? I'm not big on Dio era Sabbath sorry but who knows in time :)

• Like 1

For years I'd never paid much mind to Sabbath post Master of Reality but I'm liking right through to Sabotage now. Never had Technical Ecstasy or Never Say Die! Are they worth exploring or have they jumped the shark by that point? I'm not big on Dio era Sabbath sorry but who knows in time "

......S.B.S. has been one of my obsession albums since the week it was released. "TECHNICAL ECSTASY" had its moments, but

"NEVER SAY DIE " should have been titled " WHAT'S THAT SMELL- DID SOMETHING DIE?"

One of the worst albums by a band who should have known better, ever!!!!!!

Now back to our usual programing....

ZM.

• Like 3

For years I'd never paid much mind to Sabbath post Master of Reality but I'm liking right through to Sabotage now. Never had Technical Ecstasy or Never Say Die! Are they worth exploring or have they jumped the shark by that point? I'm not big on Dio era Sabbath sorry but who knows in time :)

I'm a relative newbie for the 'Ozzy' era of Sabbath, but all their albums are growing on me. I am finding I'm playing them quite often these days.

As for the 'Dio' era, that's my fav. Dio adds a new dimension to Sabbath. It's not 'classic' Sabbath, but it is worth giving the time to just because it IS great music in it's own right!

For the 'purists' who dismiss the 'Dio' era, that's their loss! :)

Same goes for the 'Purple' 'purists'! You're missing out on some great music by being tunnel visioned! :lol:

On wax. For my money, one of only two original soundtracks that can stand on it's own 100% separately from the film as an amazing piece of music.

<The Mission>

The other one is this:

<Dead Man>

Not entirely sure I can agree with you on this.

Admittedly, I haven't heard the first album, but I think I've got a couple of soundtracks that I could quite happily listen to if they weren't music from a movie I'd seen.  30 Days of Night, Ghost in the Shell, The City of Lost Children, even Akira for examples.  Although I am ignoring the amazing bit and substituting good.

Dead Man I do have, it's basically just the audio from the movie... :D

Guess I'm going to have to check out The Mission soundtrack now though.  It is tough to go past a bit of Ennio Morricone.

Bit of Black Keys to kick off a bit of rocking this afternoon.  (I did play it kinda loudly.)

The_Black_Keys_El_Camino_Album_Cover.jpg

Then the first CD off of this.  Not a bad sound with the differing vocals.

2849-1t.jpg

Then a few random tracks from Who Kill Sgt. Pepper? by The Brian Jonestown Massacre and Piouhgd + Widowermaker! by Butthole Surfers.

Nice.

• Like 2

Playlist time

Australia's best band?

As in group of players not artist

Saw them play this at the Playroom on the Gold Coat when it first came out

Before Tex became Tex the frontman

Low key performance of good musicians playing together as a great band with a great singer perfectly matched with the music

post-141610-0-36221100-1410048062_thumb.

• Like 2