mondie

Currently Spinning

l thought it would be good to have a thread we can all post to with brief descriptions of what CD seems to be finding its way into your player often. l am always on the lookout for something new :)

l just bought Lemon Jelly's new CD yesterday and love it. Their single "The shouty song" first got my attention, the filmclip for it is also brilliant. Kind of dance music with heavy use of real drum and bass on a lot of the tracks, some songs are heavier than others but very catchy. While l am not really into dance music this is excellent.

ahhh Lemon Jelly. Thats the reason why i like The Prodigy, a great mix of real drum and guitar with electronic bass and synth. But i must say they sound 100% better live than they do on CD.

yeah the shouty song rocks. :)

Also The Prodigy will def test your systems ability to reproduce some wired sounding bass.

l love the Prodigy, own all of their albums.

If you like lemon Jelly and the Prodigy then you should ind a copy of Crazy penis - "Wicked is music" Great kick back music, you may have heard their single A Better Place that sampled Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Brilliant track.

I'm currently enjoying a best of clapton album, getting into the 80's stuff. Nice production and value and I'm using the track "pretending" as a test trak for trying out new speakers. that and Reasons by John Farnham.

Dean can Dance are one of Australias best and unknown acts. Spiritchaser has been a favourite now for close on 10 years and l still get a buzz everytime l listen to it.

if you like lemon jelly try soft pass filter

if you like lemon jelly try low pass filter

Just bought Audioslaves new album. WOW, easily as good as their first album of 2003. Highly recommended if you like rock :)

Latest obsessions - Ben Harper and The John Bulter Trio, sort of similar but different.

I only buy $10 CDs and often buy one at random to try something different.