Show us your cable "mess" or "nice and neat"

There has been a few threads to show your system which took nicely from the front, I am interested to see them from the back too, please show us your cable "mess" or "nice and neat",

I will kick off with my half-mess

IMG_5296.JPG

21C2F1DE-4675-4800-AEC0-B06D4BAB4F21.jpeg

23D47EC5-C2E8-4E01-926E-91C6F2610077.jpeg

8B5A78FF-C705-462A-9AA7-0A6A7F363F5B.jpeg

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 5

Mine is a closer to the back wall, and despite it being a bit messy, and being a mongrel group of cables (no “looms” here), am pretty happy with the separation I have achieved between signal and power cables. The Cylon eye is the power board stowed under a record cabinet. There is also an FM antenna in there somewhere.

64C1014F-910C-48A6-99BF-57C9272082F6.jpeg

3D91F671-2B28-481A-80F6-9AB2E61BBEF2.jpeg

350AE68F-FE9F-4333-939D-956597F37404.jpeg

7E091089-727E-45FB-AB34-4CDDEDAF3A98.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vinilink said:

@Mendes good to see that you are using magnum/750 mL  wine boxes as cable lifters. ? Do they lift up the overall SQ?

After he could finish two in a row and then put under-neat speaker cables, 200% and warranty huge SQ jump

Edited by ikhuong
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, rockeater said:

This is my HT cabling work from almost finished, through  partially tidied up to the final result in the last two pics...

Okablowanie-Midway.thumb.jpg.aa21b07e7f5b42927c46e35f081b50b9.jpg

Okablowanie-Pre-final.thumb.jpg.c65d1e00a85652c7dcc05e736401a04d.jpg

Okablowanie-Final2.thumb.jpg.22527acc7fd782e45f0de1602a5aa868.jpg

1405488605_Okablowanie-Final1.thumb.jpg.4f67ee944a1bead1cf045a1c824ae771.jpg

Clearly you need a wine box to assist ????❤️

• Like 1

Thanks Kevin – yes lots of cables to arrange, including 13 x AC power cables, 2 x DC power cables, 4 pairs of XLR interconnects and speaker cables – all are Echole: Omnia, Limited Edition and Infinity (various models of their proprietary silver, gold, palladium alloy).

1 hour ago, rockeater said:

This is my HT cabling work from almost finished, through  partially tidied up to the final result in the last two pics...

Okablowanie-Pre-final.thumb.jpg.c65d1e00a85652c7dcc05e736401a04d.jpg

In this pic, it appears that you have at least one, possibly two power leads located in the same duct as your speaker cables. Have you noticed any hum from the speakers, especially between tracks?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Clearly you need a wine box to assist ????❤️

Sadly, the only wine box I have has already been repurposed...

It has a Lampucera DAC in it and Lampizator valve stage.

One day I am planning to add a balanced output (but it is a lot of work, for everything has to come out for that first)

These were early pictures and transformers have now been covered and are not visible.

This Mr. Mendes combines both your passions, tubes and wine into one ? 

Glow.thumb.jpg.563a3f955cbf8d15d874cf74978f0436.jpg

IMG_5872.thumb.JPG.be310bc539763fdb2a42e7b300f22f46.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Aperalim said:

Thanks Kevin – yes lots of cables to arrange, including 13 x AC power cables, 2 x DC power cables, 4 pairs of XLR interconnects and speaker cables – all are Echole: Omnia, Limited Edition and Infinity (various models of their proprietary silver, gold, palladium alloy).

Their prices are unreal to me, lol. I only want the plugs

9 minutes ago, bob_m_54 said:

In this pic, it appears that you have at least one, possibly two power leads located in the same duct as your speaker cables. Have you noticed any hum from the speakers, especially between tracks?

Just one but there was no way to avoid it, for the mains socket is on external wall.

In WA we have double brick house construction and most of power points are on external walls (for the wiring runs in between them).

No hum is evident, even at close to full 120W / CH this HT amp has Anthem from Sonic Frontiers.

Bit of luck perhaps. 

I did  try to put mains one away from the speaker cables, for this Aussie Duct is divided into two sections but there is more evil there; CAT6 network cable and digital TV antenna cables.

Very crowded there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rockeater said:

Just one but there was no way to avoid it, for the mains socket is on external wall.

In WA we have double brick house construction and most of power points are on external walls (for the wiring runs in between them).

No hum is evident, even at close to full 120W / CH this HT amp has Anthem from Sonic Frontiers.

Bit of luck perhaps. 

I did  try to put mains one away from the speaker cables, for this Aussie Duct is divided into two sections but there is more evil there; CAT6 network cable and digital TV antenna cables.

Very crowded there.

You might try a few budget shielded power cables and shielded power boards if there is a concern when grouping them together, stress free, won’t kill much budget, get some from https://audioprincipe.com.au/australian-power-cables/premium-shielded-power-cable/

https://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/product-page/consonance-pw-3-6-plug-shielded-power-board

myself, i am looking for Furutech, check how serious its shielding layers

BE2B8470-221B-493D-8275-4D8B22BFF09D.thumb.jpeg.c4b86edeb54448f52a60143a07a5a7bf.jpeg

Edited by ikhuong

5 minutes ago, ikhuong said:

You might try a few budget shielded power cables and shielded power boards if there is a concern when grouping them together, stress free, won’t kill much budget, get some from https://audioprincipe.com.au/australian-power-cables/premium-shielded-power-cable/

https://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/product-page/consonance-pw-3-6-plug-shielded-power-board

myself, i am looking for Furutech, check how serious its shielding layers

One day, when I bit more time I will chase up this Austrian shielded cable and make up some fancy leads with Oyaide plugs.

I actually already ordered it but the electrical wholesaler just sent me some common garden stuff and was surprised I did not want to take delivery of it.

I already have a couple of metal, fully shielded power boards but it is just too much work to change them for it is only HT system and I listen to it very little (I have 6 systems, one per room plus two in the workshop where I work on audio).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Top thread @ikhuong??

Ive never posted a photo of the front of my system but I'm all in for this...

*my disclaimer - this cabling is for everything, hifi, HT, Foxtel, PS4, Ethernet switch etc 

no matter how many times I move the units around and recable its always the same hahahaha oh and you even get to see my rolled up rug bass trap in the corner. WAF is pretty low though, it's definitely on borrowed time.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ikhuong said:

This is nice and easy, benefits of integrated ,  hard to mess any thing

Dave has actually managed to keep pre/power cabling very neatly arranged (Line Magnetic preamp and Musical Fidelity power amp on bottom shelf) : )

• Like 1

Well mine is not looking to bad, considering everything is a component and I have 2 complete systems and a 7.2 surround sound in the same room.  As I kept adding stuff as we do ?? I also kept adding power boards and cables.  My youngest son is a sparky and one day he said enough, its now dangerous ...  get some power-points he says ... I brought 2x4 power-points, and 2 stainless steel power-points.   I spent half a day and pulled everything out which was a job and a half ...  leaving it clear for him to put the new power-points in ... then he labelled all the speaker leads, when we built he had run the surround sound cables into the walls and to behind the TV.  But he (and I) never expected me to add to the extent I have, damn lock down ??

2020-09-26 13.36.14_DxO.jpg

2020-09-26 13.36.01_DxO.jpg

2020-09-26 13.33.43_DxO.jpg

2020-09-26 13.53.39_DxO.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Rosco8 said:

I brought 2x4 power-points, and 2 stainless steel power-points. 

Hey Rosco – looks like one of your Furutech plugs (in the Stainless Steel wall outlet) might need a gentle nudge back into the outlet?

• Thanks 1