ELAC Discovery Server with ROON Essentials

Tuck

I have recently purchased an ELAC Discovery Server DS-S101-G on SNA.

I am having difficult getting the Discovery App to communicate with the server.

Does anyone have any experience with this Server?

I use one of these units and had no issues with connection.  First check would be to ensure that your LAN and WiFi are on the same network.  I have several networks at home and must ensure that my phone or iPad for the Roon App is on the same network for connection.  Second check is that you are using the Roon Essentials App, not the full Roon App as there is a difference.

Thanks Skasey.

I was trying to load on my iPad and someone suggested using my iPhone instead.

Using the iPhone and Essentials App I have been able to get to the stage of signing in and being asked to "add a music service".

I am trying Tidal for a month and can login okay, but then I get "Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid"

Tidal is loaded on my iPad and recognises my smart TV, and Apple TV in another room, but so far not the Elac.

Hope you can assist this dinosaur further,

Geoff

2B33EB18-26B2-44F0-9EE3-CFF10A7840D7_1_201_a.jpeg

9C279EFA-1A6A-4587-9BE8-4792E161D6B6.jpeg

369C9CAA-3F10-4B2C-81E4-9894EA11C3C2.jpeg

• 2 months later...

52 minutes ago, Skasey said:

I have been running both Analogue and Digital out from the Discovery into my Vitus Integrated amp with onboard DAC.  Frankly, I cant hear much difference between the Discovery and the Vitus DACs.

What RCA interconnects for analogue are you using or recommend from Discovery to amplifier?

24 minutes ago, NoPork said:

What RCA interconnects for analogue are you using or recommend from Discovery to amplifier?

I am using Tellurium Q Black 2 RCA. I chose this after trying a few. Do not get a warm cable. Neutral or slightly forward will help.