I just received my Lumin u1 mini and connected to my NAS. sounds great. only issue for me is the Lumin apps. Somehow, when i open an album (any album or folder) in my NAS, the Lumin Apps will instead arrange the playlist by alphabetical order instead of track number. Does anyone have the same issue? thanks. if not, how do you fix this? i had no issue with my Bluesound at all. 

I don't use the app at all, I drive my Lumin T2 with Roon, but I think you'll find this is a setting in the Lumin's app. 

If I was a betting type, I'd play with the highlighted bits in your app and see what your experience is.

image.png.e5d9d1c686b592eb9418de96eddc889e.png

17 minutes ago, R-Y74 said:

Thanks. Tried that and nothing happened. Anyway, i installed minimserver instead and it solved the problem. 

Minimserver is very good, it was recommended to me by a Lumin owner friend after I bought a U1 Mini. 

Still not up to the ease of navigation that Bluesound offer, however running Roon has elevated things well above even them!

The Lumin u1 mini is great but takes a fair bit of time to burn in. I found it sounded much better after about 50 hours. 

As for the app, I dont use it for anything other than configuring the unit. I am only using it as an endpoint for Roon and it does a great job. 

Yes miniserver is far better than the lumin app itself but still can't beat bluesound. I know roon will integrate nicely with the Nas library and streaming but need to spend another almost 1k for the full license. 

Another Lumin/Roon user here... I find the app quite frustrating to play music but Roon/Lumin combo works perfectly.

I do think the sound quality is slightly better though when played through the lumin app... maybe its just in my head, anyone else notice this?

8 minutes ago, Jambro said:

Another Lumin/Roon user here... I find the app quite frustrating to play music but Roon/Lumin combo works perfectly.

I do think the sound quality is slightly better though when played through the lumin app... maybe its just in my head, anyone else notice this?

I prefer roon mainly because I can apply a little eq to balance out my room. 

one thing I have toyed with is upscaling in roon vs the lumin app. Can’t hear any difference but using it on the lumin seems to take some pressure off my roon core which makes it work faster. 

Edited by Jhsg

11 minutes ago, R-Y74 said:

Yes miniserver is far better than the lumin app itself but still can't beat bluesound. I know roon will integrate nicely with the Nas library and streaming but need to spend another almost 1k for the full license. 

It's only $120 US ($170 Aust) per year so I'm in no hurry to pay 6 years up front.

Might well tire of it before I start getting a return on my investment, or I might find another alternative. 

6 minutes ago, Jambro said:

You are not the first to say a native App sounds better than Roon. I know of 3 other non-Lumin owners who have said the same thing.

7 minutes ago, evil c said:

It's only $120 US ($170 Aust) per year so I'm in no hurry to pay 6 years up front.

Might well tire of it before I start getting a return on my investment, or I might find another alternative. 

Thats true. But I don't really like the sound coming out of roon to be honest. I tried it for a month and I felt in my space/room the music is not as "alive" and less airy. Again I could be just me. Less dynamic. 

1 minute ago, R-Y74 said:

Thats true. But I don't really like the sound coming out of roon to be honest. I tried it for a month and I felt in my space/room the music is not as "alive" and less airy. Again I could be just me. Less dynamic. 

It might well be the case with your system, but certainly not with mine.

Anyway, save your money and look at another solution then.

But keep in mind Roon is extremely popular for what it offers, and brings to the whole experience. 

16 minutes ago, evil c said:

It might well be the case with your system, but certainly not with mine.

Anyway, save your money and look at another solution then.

But keep in mind Roon is extremely popular for what it offers, and brings to the whole experience. 

yeah that what i thought so too but i do like the interface of roon and what it does with my library. Will probably give it another try after i'm tired of Minimserver. Its a bit slow. 

55 minutes ago, Jhsg said:

I prefer roon mainly because I can apply a little eq to balance out my room. 

one thing I have toyed with is upscaling in roon vs the lumin app. Can’t hear any difference but using it on the lumin seems to take some pressure off my roon core which makes it work faster. 

Yes agree I use the convolution filter I believe its called (using a file that I got from using REW and a mini dsp mic).  Does definitely improve the sound and fixes bass issues.

Edited by Jambro
33 minutes ago, R-Y74 said:

Will probably give it another try after i'm tired of Minimserver. Its a bit slow. 

Have you installed Minimwatch on the PC to configure and setup MinimServer?  MinimServer normally runs quickly.

Thanks. let me try. I installed miniserver on my NAS to solve the tracking issues i have on Lumin Apps. i'm still using Lumin apps to run Minimserver. probably that is why its slow because lumin apps is slow.

1 minute ago, R-Y74 said:

Thanks. let me try. I installed miniserver on my NAS to solve the tracking issues i have on Lumin Apps. i'm still using Lumin apps to run Minimserver. probably that is why its slow because lumin apps is slow.

I suspect MinimServer is scanning a very large folder and finding lots of music files with incorrect tags. When you run MinimWatch, check the logs.  Also, in Properties, you can refine the folders, tags, how to display info etc. 

2 hours ago, Jambro said:

Yes, anything other than the LUMIN app doesn’t sound the same for me. The quality certainly feels better through the app. Putting up with the app for this reason..

My Lumin app is driving me crazy, is there an alternative?

It keeps crashing freezing few things on it dont work at all , its sucks so much that i'm thinking off getting a different streamer. 

Using up to date Note 9, with latest 2.0.5 app.

Lol.. yeah... especially when u try to change the view from thumbnails to list. It crashed. But as soon I installed minimserver to my NAS seems to fix it. However, still needs lumin apps to control minimserver. Not a big fan of the lumin apps. Alternative apps is Roon. 

3 minutes ago, R-Y74 said:

Lol.. yeah... especially when u try to change the view from thumbnails to list. It crashed. But as soon I installed minimserver to my NAS seems to fix it. However, still needs lumin apps to control minimserver. Not a big fan of the lumin apps. Alternative apps is Roon. 

Im not too familiar with Roon. So you can control Lumin t2 with roon app or do you need roon hardware as well?

no need hardware. Just install roon into yr PC or laptop and use that as the core to control Lumin device. you can tell roon where you save your library (NAS). If you have a NAS that is top of the line (i5 and 4gb Ram), you can install roon to your NAS instead and use that as a core. once it's installed, you can control roon via tablet, mobile phone or your computer.