SOLD: FS: Esoteric SA-50 SACD player NOW SOLD

Item Condition: Excelent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Stanmore
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Cash, EFT, Paypal +3%
Reason for selling: Need the funds

Selling my Esoteric SA-50 SACD player, it is in excellent condition and operates flawlessly (there are a few light scratches on the remote). I find that I am using my Roon Nucleus most of the time so the Esoteric is not being used.

I am the second owner and the player comes with Remote, Manual and original box.

The player alone weighs 18KGs and the build quality is superb. Happy to audition if you are local.

Lots of great reviews:

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/esoteric18/sa50.html

Would prefer a local sale but also happy to ship via TNT.

IMG_1876.jpg

Rear.jpg

Manual.jpg

Front.jpg

Front 2.jpg

Edited by mminnett
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Yamaha_man
      Item: Esoteric C-03X pre amplifier with HT bypass
      Price: $7500
      Item condition: Spotless 
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Cash is king
      Extra Info: I honestly can't fault this thing.
      The best pre I've ever owned and had in my system..
      Leather bound remote included as is the original packaging.
      New replacement model is $15,000.
      Around 22kg out of the box, built like a tank.

Specs
      http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esoteric/c03x/indexe.html

Photos: To come.

• By mlw
      Item: Esoteric X-03se
      Price: $2,500
      Item Condition: Excellent condition - 8/10 on Audiogon scale
      Reason for selling: Moving house and re-configuring equipment
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Used as transport for Concert Fidelity DAC (also for sale). Hardly used in past 5 years. All boxes manuals etc.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Eagleeyes
      Item: Esoteric P-03 transport / Esoteric D-03 Da

Price: 11k Au Including delivery Aus Wide ( new almost $50,000 Aus at time of manufacture) Possibly the best int he world on release.

Item Condition:totally mint- NEW LASER -REPLACED BY ESOTERIC AGENT IN AUCKLAND A YEAR AGO WHEN OWNED BY SNA MEMBER ANDREW P and cost $2000, Transport just serviced by Rockeater.

Reason for selling: Looking at Options, Juggling ideas at the moment with entire system.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only Pick up /Delivery etc

Extra Info: SO MANY REVIEWS online for these very talented units

Both units in pristine condition in all,original factory packing. Sold as a pair. Stunning reviews online. Thanks for looking.

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/esoteric4/trio_2.html

https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/hi-fi-plus-the-esoteric-p-03-sacd-playerd-03-dac/

Conclusion and a few quotes.
      The Esoteric P-03 and D-03 combination are simply state of the art, both in picture and in sound quality. I was shocked at how good 480p video from DVD could look. For the music lover, the Esoteric pair delivers world-class sound quality from CD, SACD, and DVD-Audio. Indeed, it is among the best digital playback I’ve heard, regardless or price. Moreover, the interior build quality and chassis metalwork are drop-dead gorgeous. These are among the most lavishly designed and executed products I’ve encountered in 17 years of reviewing high-end audio gear.

Can any “DVD player” be worth thirty grand? Experience the Esoteric P-03 and D-03 for yourself and you just might be surprised by your answer.

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/esoteric-p-03-and-d-03-universal-disc-transport-and-dac-1/

Very few products can lay claim to being unquestionably the best in the world. In any field there are always several candidates for the stateof- the-art, with experts disagreeing based on personal preference or varying perspectives. Heck, even Ferrari has competition.
      One product, however, that has no peer is the vibration-free rigid disc-clamping mechanism (VRDS) found in disc players from Esoteric, the high-end division of Teac. Although all players have a transport mechanism to spin the disc and read the data encoded on it, the similarity between the flimsy plastic mechanisms of mass-market machines and VRDS ends there.
      The Esoteric VRDS Neo mechanism, used in the P-03 Universal Transport reviewed here, is a tour de force in mechanical design and manufacturing. The massive machined assembly has one purpose—to read information from the disc with the highest precision possible (see sidebar for details). The P-03 is a truly universal device, compatible with CD, DVDVideo, DVD-Audio, and SACD (SACD and DVD-A in 2-channel mode). Note, however, that the P-03 is a transport, not a disc player. This means it has no integral digitalto- analog converters; you must convert the P-03’s digital output to analog in you’re A/V controller (or receiver), or with a standalone digital-to-analog converter, such as Esoteric’s D-03, also reviewed here.
      There are many compelling reasons to think of the P-03 universal transport and D-03 digital-to-analog converter as one product in two chassis. The two create a synergy, allowing each product to fully realize its potential. For example, the D-03 digitalto- analog converter outputs a precision clock to which the transport is slaved. This technique greatly reduces clock jitter (timing errors in the conversion of digital data to an analog waveform) as a source of sonic degradation.
      The P-03/D-03 pair has, in my experience, the most sophisticated technology and feature-set for playing CD and high-resolution discs. The combination offers upsampling of standard-resolution audio (CD), along with a variety of ways to convert digital bits into music.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
       P-03 TRANSPORT
      Type: SACD/CD transport
      Formats supported: SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW 
      Digital Audio Output: i.Link output x 2, XLR x2, RCA coaxial x 1
      Word Clock: BNC x1
      Freq. accepted: 44.1kHz, 88.2kHz, 100kHz,176.4kHz (rectangular wave)
      Dimensions (HxWxD): 158x445x420mm
      Weight: 30 kg
      Price: £10495

D-03 D/A CONVERTER
      Type: D/A Converter
      Digital Inputs: i.Link terminal, 6-pin x2, XLRx2 (Dual AES output), RCA x2, Optical x1,
      USB and Wireless-coming soon
      Analogue outputs: XLR, RCA
      Word Clock input/output: BNC
      Word Clock Frequency: 44.1, 88.2, 176.4, 48, 96, 192, 100 (kHz)
      Dimensions (HxWxD): 108x445x420mm
      Weight: 27kg 
      Price: £9,995
      Interconnects: Not supplied. Both digital XLR and BNC word sync cables must be
      purchased separately.                                 
      Manufacturer:
      TEAC Esoteric
      Net: www.teac.co.jp
      UK Distributor:

• By Eagleeyes
      Item:  Esoteric E-03 dual input phono stage
      Price: $ 3,000 plus postage
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash. Preference given to local purchaser but can ship.
      Extra Info: All original packaging & Manual - (power lead missing will supply standard one.)

• By Eggmeister
      Item:  Esoteric E-03 dual input phono stage
      Price: $ 3,000 plus postage
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: No longer required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash. Preference given to local purchaser but can ship.
      Extra Info: All original packaging & Manual - (power lead missing)