WTB: LINN tonearm (Akito or Ittok)

Item:  LINN tonearm - Akito or Ittok
Price Range: Neg
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info:  Looking for a LINN tonearm in good condition, for my entry into the world of LP12.  Happy to consider other options and suggestions too. Thank you

Edited by ThisMustBeThePlace
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cnnnnc
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: panania State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, COP, Paypal (+3%) Reason for selling: No Longer Needed Further information:
      The speakers are in as new condition, only about 1 year old. Bonus here is a pair of stands as in photos. Have original box but prefer pickup with the stands unless the stands not wanted.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By pauloch7
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Heatherton State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT or Paypal +fee Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Breathing life into an old Linn LP12! 

Up for grab is a Hercules Mose+ version 2019 kit which is brand new in a box, I bought a couple of these Hercules Mose+ kit. Already sold a few of these kits to Stereonet members. A friend who also bought and installed the Hercules Mose+ on his (LP12 from 70s) commented that the Hercules works seamlessly for 33 and 45 rpm and able to hear the improvement from his LP12.

2019 Hercules Mose+ is basically an external power supply and AC motor speed control for LP12. You can select 33 and 45rpm by simply pressing the switch on the LP12. Red led indicate 33RPM and Blue Led indicate 45RPM. You can find various reviews on the Hercules Mose+ . Here is one of the many reviews I can found on google. Please note review is for former version, the new 2019 version has improved Mose and with CNC aluminium enclosure. 

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/linn-lp12-the-hercules-ii-and-mose-hercules-power-supplies/

What's included in the kit:
      1. Mose metal case with 7mm thick aluminium front panel.
      2. Pre-installed Genuine Hercules II 33/45 .
      3. High quality 1.50 Meter remote control cable .
      4. Installed Furutech AC mains socket 
      6. Two LED speed selection 33/35 RPM switch
      7. L shape interface board to be installed inside LP12.  
      8 . Spacers and screws for the L interface board
      The dimension of Mose enclosure is width 140mm x  Depth 400mm(with socket plugged in) x height 80mm.
      Tips : Place the Hercules Mose+ PSU away from your turntable/ Cartridge to optimise the performance. Cartridge is sensitive and will pick up any interference from electronics/ power transformer. Installation takes about 2 hours someone on Stereonet completed in an hour, its recommended to use a Linn jig or any DIY jig to complete this task. If you do not have a jig, I have jig made in Australia for sale on Stereonet.

Excluded :
      - Linn turntable and jig for demo only.
      - IEC power cord. You can just use a kettle cord. Or upgrade using a Isotek shielded power cord. Shipping is available at agreed cost

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By rodders3
      Item Condition: very, very good used condition. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Albert Park State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal plus 3%, cash on pickup, EFT once cleared. Reason for selling: Surprise upgrade Further information: This is an unexpected sale due to upgrade. I love this turntable and it plays extremely well. I actually thought I would never sell it but it will otherwise go to waste with a new tt on the way.

I begin this journey in December 2018 by purchasing an LP12 in excellent condition. This is an early model but the plinth is immaculate. This is what attracted me to it. It came with an as new lid which is still in great condition with on the slightest of dust marks if you look really closely. 

As the purchase was primarily for the actual plinth, I looked at mod options and upgrading the tone arm. I then found the details of Edmund in Hong Kong and his Mober brand. Edmund was and still is a real gentleman to deal with. I decided to go with Mober DC Motor LPSU, upgraded Bearing, Upgraded Arm Board (Linn) and the upgraded Sub platter with bearing. At the same time, I changed the springs and grommets.

My journey was documented  it this forum:

As you can see, I also upgraded the tonearm to the latest Linn Akito 3b. This was purchased from Tivoli at a cost of $2900. This arm remains in excellent condition.

All up, my costs were approx $7500 but it was worth every cent. 

I soon also became pedantic about set up and I purchased a setup table that does do the job and is a hell of a lot easier than my original three chairs method! This cost me $300 plus post from on here.

I will post plenty of pics, including the extras for the Linn I will no longer need.

To be clear, the following is included:

Linn LP12
      - original plinth, top plate and baseboard/feet - One of the feet sits flat with the help of some blutak inside as the screw thread was worn (is an easy fix)- works fine as it is flat     and hold but full disclosure!
      - Mober motor, bearing, sub platter and arm board
      - the lid is aftermarket but excellent fit (it comes off and goes in easy) and great condition
      - Linn Akito 3b - current model
      - original Linn felt mat in excellent condition

Extras
      - belt, springs and rubbers as per pics
      - 2 bottles of Linn bearing oil purchased from Douglas HIFI
      - Cork mat - I used this the most as the Linn mat sometimes sticks to records and I think sounds better
      - set up table

NOT INCLUDED are the rubber isolation feet and isoacoustic ones in pics (I will use these on something else), kettle cord and my Lyra Delos Cart (being fitted to my new tt).

As there is no cart, nor can I demo anyway, I had my first go at a youtube video taken today. As can be seen, the Linn gets to speed quickly and holds it!

I hope this link works!

Unfortunately this will be pickup only from Albert Park VIC 3206. I will not take the risk of post of something so delicate. 

Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I have a heap of pics so will further upload as I am allowed to do so.

Cheers,

Rod.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
    • By AuDrew
      Item Condition: Used, very good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Willoughby State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, EFT or COD Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      Re-listing my Linn Klimax DS streamer. This was purchased ex-demo from audioconnection in 2013 as the heart of a complete Linn system (I have upgraded to the DSM).

It is an original DS/1 (not previously upgraded) which has the Linn Dynamik power supply and built in room correction (Space Optimisation).  This essentially allows you to place the speakers where you want and it will make them sound as if they are in a more ideal position. As LInn’s top-of-the-line streamer (still in production but with the newer Katalyst DAC architecture) this unit performs at the highest level and is widely regarded as one of the best available. I have heard the latest Katalyst and, while it takes the Klimax to a deeper level of insight, I have not been impelled to fork out the extra $8k just yet because, as it stands, the sound is still so very musical and appealing.

This unit is solidly engineered (and hefty) and in very good cosmetic condition. One of the feet is slightly loose but is not noticeable once installed as it sits very stable. I have the original boxes and packaging so can ship at an agreed cost.

Message me for any further details.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

By Guest
      Item Condition: Excellent Used Condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melton State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:
      Linn Majik DSM/3 in Silver. Comes with Remote and Original Box.

Photos:

PLEASE READ