AMC XIA 150 - any experience?

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster! 

I am looking for an integrated amp for my new pair of System Audio Mantra 70s. I am quite interested in the AMC XIA 150 as it seems to offer great features, quality and output for the price, however I just can't find any real first hand experience or decent reviews out there. I've found a few German reviews/forum postings which are generally very positive. Wondering if anyone on here has any experience with them?

Cheers 

Guest Mr Thorens

I’ve had the XIA30 before, well built, good components, good sound. Was more dynamic and clean than a similarly priced Cambridge amp. The only issue is going to be resale value later as they’re not well known, but for the right price they’re a decent amp.

Thanks. I currently have a NAD D3020 which I was told by a salesman is identical internals to the XIA30, however now I look at the XIA30 I'm not convinced! The XIA30 looks like Class A/B (I think?) and the NAD is a Class D. I love the D3020 but it is underpowered for the new speakers. 

4 hours ago, pluralses said:

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster! 

I am looking for an integrated amp for my new pair of System Audio Mantra 70s. I am quite interested in the AMC XIA 150 as it seems to offer great features, quality and output for the price, however I just can't find any real first hand experience or decent reviews out there. I've found a few German reviews/forum postings which are generally very positive. Wondering if anyone on here has any experience with them?

Cheers 

I haven't had any recent AMC's, but had their CD player and an integrated amp in the late 90's. CD player is still one of the best (certainly $ for performance) and the amp was pretty good. The pre-amp section was by far the better of the two, as the 50W/channel could really take hod of my speakers the way they needed. The pre-amp (and phono) competed with anything else in the same price range.

You could buy it on that basis (if you feel the pre-amp is good enough) as it makes it easy to upgrade your power amp without replacing the front-end.

• 1 month later...

Can I resurrect this and ask the OP if he/she went with the AMC XIA 150 and what your thoughts were as I'm looking at the same amp having not been able to get my hands on a Yamaha?

Thanks

Hey mate, I haven't purchased yet however my budget has increased so I am looking at things around the Rotel RA-1592 level.

I did however borrow a mate's XIA100 last week (older model without DAC) and was very impressed with it.  We tested with both B&W 685 and my System Audio Mantra 70's and gave great results. Was quite a warm sounding setup and huge headroom. Unfortunately it was let down a bit by the source I had to run into it (chromecast audio analogue out) however it seemed like a real bargain buy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've got their 30watt integrated and their 2n100-2 power amp. Both are very good, solid, reliable, clean. No issues, nothing to complain about. They do seem to be an odd company, who do nothing in relation to publicity or getting reviewed. They have actually been around for years and years. They also manufacture for other brands. Their amps are very well priced, a bargain in fact. 

• Like 1

Agree - amazing how hard it is to find info on them. From what I can tell, the XIA 150 is basically the same as the AMC 3150 mk2 with some tweaks or updates. Definitely bargain equipment.  I ended up going with the Rotel RA-1592 to avoid inevitable upgrade-itis, however the AMC seem like amazing bang for buck. 

• 1 year later...

Just bought my XIA 150. This is highly underrated product. Great sounding amp. Very powerful, musical and big sound. AMC did a poor job in marketing. If they can spend some investment on making fancy looking and marketing, this product will sell much more expensive. Maybe that is not bad for customers: small money to buy a big sound.  

• Like 1