TV buying advice for a mixed bag of selections

Hello everyone,

I’m looking around at TV’s and have narrowed down my selection, although it is a very mixed bag of selections. However these TVs are all great with the usual pros and cons. They are all at a great price right now, which is making it more difficult.

I’ll be using the tv for a combo of free to air, 4K streaming and regular streaming of movies and shows and Optus Sport for the premier league.

It will be wall mounted in my living room which does not get any direct sun, but obviously gets some light during the day, not a tonne, but it’s not completely dark, and no windows facing the tv. I sit 4m away from the wall and my room is 4.7m wide. 
They’re all priced quite differently but are all priced well for what they are. I’m more concerned about getting the correct size and a tv that I’ll be happy with for the next 10 years.

so............

1. Panasonic GZ2000 65” $3699

2. Sony A9G 77” $7380

3. Sony X9500H 75” $3995

4. Sony Z9G $10000

Thanks in advance for the input,

Glen

75" - 77" would be the minimum size at 4m viewing distance.

10 years - that's a long time for a tv in this day and age.  Having said that Sony are a reputable brand and "should" last that long but nothing is guaranteed.  10 years well past any statutory warrantee as well.

The difference I see it will get down to picture quality and value for money.

$7380 A9G 77"   V's   $3995 X950H  (OLED V QLED)

Is the picture $3385 better?  Ultimately a matter for you.  Both these TV's have the same features, operating system (Android tv), latest chipset and video processing.  Both are designed to work with the content you're watching.   Both are regarded as best in class or close to it.

And the winner is........

Yes, it seems those are my strongest 2 picks as well.

The Panasoniconic seems like the best performer but the size is what's making me second guess. 

The A9G will most likely be the best choice, but I'm wondering if for that money I should try and swing the Z9G for sheer size and crazy build quality.

I've been to the sony store and all 3 Sony's impress, but only saw demo footage so hard to tell how the look in real world. 

Z9g was stunning in 8k glory, i understand it upscales 4k very well but what about regular old free to air. Will it be watchable? I'm not expecting upscale miracles, but would like it to be better than my current Pioneer Kuro 50''

2 hours ago, G_goodwin said:

Yes, it seems those are my strongest 2 picks as well.

The Panasoniconic seems like the best performer but the size is what's making me second guess. 

The A9G will most likely be the best choice, but I'm wondering if for that money I should try and swing the Z9G for sheer size and crazy build quality.

I've been to the sony store and all 3 Sony's impress, but only saw demo footage so hard to tell how the look in real world. 

Z9g was stunning in 8k glory, i understand it upscales 4k very well but what about regular old free to air. Will it be watchable? I'm not expecting upscale miracles, but would like it to be better than my current Pioneer Kuro 50''

Go 75inch or bigger.... When We upgraded our 60 inch to 75 inch It felt Big at about 3.5 meters for like 1 hour only. Than It was the new normal.

9 hours ago, G_goodwin said:

Ok, so if I decided on one of the ‘Master’ series, do I go 77” A9G or 85” Z9G considering they’re both great prices for what they are at the moment. Or, is the X9500H hitting the sweet spot on all fronts?

The OLED models will  give  you the ultimate in HDR experience since they can produce true black.  OLED  also gives you  excellent viewing from the side viewing  of the screen, not just in the frontal sweet spot. .   X9500H gives an excellent UHD picture and although it cant achieve the ultimate black levels of OLED, it is very convincing nevertheless.  However, in order to achieve  good contrast on  the  LED/LCD screen, one trade-off is that the picture suffers if you are viewing from a wider angle  either side of the TV.     

Edited by TP1
  • Like 1