Found: Small bookshelf speakers (bris)

Item: small bookshelf speakers 
Price Range: ~350-500
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:

For a beginners vinyl setup. Will be powered by a Rotel RA-10 with a Sansui SR-212 turntable. 

Open to suggestions but prefer a warmer sound. 
Am Brisbane based (Southside)

Thanks!

Edited by mogsmith
No longer required

Thanks, will take a look at the q acoustics. 

Unfortunately the monitors are just a bit more than I was looking for. 

I’m surprised nobody has any old speakers laying around!

• Like 1

On 22/09/2020 at 11:48 AM, mogsmith said:

Thanks, will take a look at the q acoustics. 

Unfortunately the monitors are just a bit more than I was looking for. 

I’m surprised nobody has any old speakers laying around!

I have a set of NAD's D8020 monitors arriving shortly. They're coming with a package I've ordered but I don't need the speakers. They'll be brand new in their boxes and I won't be opening them.

https://lifestylestore.com.au/product/nad-electronics-d-8020-2-way-compact-monitors/

nad_electronics_d_8020_compact_monitor_speakers_1-600x600.jpg.d5362b0b8d6b1a37bda2b7765963d4c6.jpg

I'll be listing them for $350 the set unless you're interested in them at this price. I'll have them within the next 5 days. I'm also in Brisbane (Kenmore).

Just let me know via PM if you're keen.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Winno

There are a pair of B&W 607 in the commercial for sale forum, would these be suitable? A little above your budget, try making an offer.

• Like 1

I have some small Q Acoustics 2010i  in super condition that I'm not using

Gloss Black

I've used these with a Rotel RA-10

I'm in Brissy too

20200924_124505.thumb.jpg.d25189356865d5e8dba828c13e20be08.jpg

20200924_124447.thumb.jpg.2987097a3b9230d1b50489b2cb6dcf18.jpg

20200924_124423.thumb.jpg.3468efaada7c1ff9363de1b5d4a39628.jpg

Edited by Cideburns
corrected model number

Nice speakers, very very nice and well done on your search and the good result. Quads have a well deserved reputation for good  reproduction, no colouration and they'll enjoy as much power as you want to connect them up to. So if you ever decide to move away from the Rotel, hang on to the Quads and see how they handle different feeds from different amps...they wont disappoint.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gabba
      Item Condition: One of the drivers has a very small (approx. 5 mm) dent in it. Other than that, excellent. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Parkville State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Only one system at the moment and a little one on the way. Further information:

I previously bought these off another SNA member (Benny G) and was using them in a second system.  He had bought them off another SNA member. Their photos do them more justice.

There is a small dint on one of them but this was not perceptible to my ears (or the previous owner). The drivers are about $60 so could be replaced.

Pickup preferred.

Photos:

• By Eggmeister
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Opportunity to Upgrade     Further information:
      Recently purchased from Russell,

Details here

Photos:

• By dan-m9
      Item Condition: As New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Postmans Ridge or Toowoomba State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal (Buyer pays 2.6% fees or F&F with no fees), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Barely used and in perfect condition. Purchased 11/05/2020 and comes with invoice with warranty also (3 years warranty from purchase date). RRP is $679 in AU.
      Comes with original boxes, padding etc like new. Free Postage AU wide to Sendle/Couriers Please locations.

More Info/Specs:
      https://www.spacehifi.com.au/audio/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/audioengine-hdp6-passive-bookshelf-speakers

Any questions please ask.
      Thanks.

Photos:

• By Ryszard
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT; CASH Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

I have worked in audio retail industry for over 30 years and I have selected these speakers for my brother some 18 years ago. I still recall how this particular generation of Revolution range really stood out for their ability to deliver excellent detail, whilst rendering an incredibly smooth and fluid presentation (touch on the warm side; not necessarily so typical of Tannoys). 

I am well aware they only had very limited use and in fact have not been used at all over the last 4-5 years; hence the reason for this listing. I brought them to my place, had them connected and can confirm they are perfectly functional and still really impress! 

Condition wise:  there is absolutely no visible sign of any wear/tear on the rubber surrounds and all drivers appear as new.  The condition of cabinets is very good with just very few minor blemishes (the 'worst' one in pic 5), noticeable only from close inspection.  No boxes, so a local sale is very much preferred. 

Happy to respond to any relevant questions via PM. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By sum1
      Item Condition: As New. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Beverly Hills State: New South Wales Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, Paypal with fees on the buyer unless sent as a personal payment Reason for selling: Moving on Further information:
      Got a few nibbles before but item still available.

As New Condition.
      Complete with the original box, receipt and warranty.
      Purchased locally from Digital Cinema at 26/06/2020 so the local warranty still have a long validity on them.

Selling as I got a little crazy during lockdown and purchased 3 different budget speakers 
      As far as I can tell there is no local store that stocked this speaker as i think the PSB brand is not popular in Australia even though its predecessor the Alpha B1 was popular worldwide and so is this new Alpha P5 .
      So ended up having to do an order in on them, used it for about 1 month after which I upgraded to a more expensive speaker.

Not the best performing with a mini Class D Yamaha amp but it scales well with a higher performing amp such as the vintage Marantz tube pre/power combo on my mains setup.
      Supposedly this have great synergy with NAD amplifiers since they belong under the same parent company.

Comparison against KEF LS50 (Taken from https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/reference-components/1390-recommended-reference-component-psb-alpha-p5-loudspeakers)

Further Reviews
      https://www.stereophile.com/content/psb-alpha-p5-loudspeaker
      https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/psb-alpha-p5-loudspeaker/

Photos: