Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was never too happy with my speaker box black colour and wanted it to be a closer match to the Horn.. Fixed up some transport nicks and was surprised to get it done in a day.Used a Grey undercoat with Satin Black car paint.Couldn't be happier with the result.

Stump

 

 

119576912_10158118541953248_1496860961595381670_n.jpg.c59bbb25d479ae219203f43a287e10dd.jpg

 

DSC00922.thumb.JPG.5159adcd478ed7c17ee4fbfda49df762.JPG

DSC00927.thumb.JPG.5690e117073950cc150c92b87610b420.JPG

DSC00929.thumb.JPG.3323b9a15a4531c16326958666d3f578.JPG

 

119638914_10158118542043248_5677123312010201050_n.jpg.c33dca949c2bf6e47c2cd14501a22f4f.jpg

119704627_10158118542263248_4898559728122951100_n.jpg.3aaa33e2fea2840ea46725608d3f3893.jpg

 

119883986_10158118542358248_2833398398273487424_n.jpg.3e1a88cbb6b2d89c9b27cdd3aff562e2.jpg

 

119935125_10158118542548248_431416519715560729_n.jpg.90620d07265aaae304925f113536590e.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Nice Stump, looks really good.  your GIANT horns are huge.  will they fit into your room? :)

 

you did not think of wrapping your speakers ala @Marc ?

Thanks

I have to make do with my narrow room.. The guy who built the boxes also did the ESD Acoustics Dragon Series Horn ? If I knew before hand I would have had them wrapped in carbon fiber.. Getting there slowly..

Stump

 

test fit is ok for Japanese Standards 

429C28BD-08B3-4D15-B482-56D34C6A88D7.thumb.jpeg.2479a765819663786ddba12539020f17.jpeg

Edited by Stump
Add pic
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stump said:

Thanks

I have to make do with my narrow room.. The guy who built the boxes also did the ESD Acoustics Dragon Series Horn ? If I knew before hand I would have had them wrapped in carbon fiber.. Getting there slowly..

Stump

 

test fit is ok for Japanese Standards 

429C28BD-08B3-4D15-B482-56D34C6A88D7.thumb.jpeg.2479a765819663786ddba12539020f17.jpeg

 

cool.   It's starting to look like a HK hifi showroom over in Kowloon  😉

Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Stump said:

I was never too happy with my speaker box black colour and wanted it to be a closer match to the Horn.. Fixed up some transport nicks and was surprised to get it done in a day.Used a Grey undercoat with Satin Black car paint.Couldn't be happier with the result.

Stump

 

 

119576912_10158118541953248_1496860961595381670_n.jpg.c59bbb25d479ae219203f43a287e10dd.jpg

 

DSC00922.thumb.JPG.5159adcd478ed7c17ee4fbfda49df762.JPG

DSC00927.thumb.JPG.5690e117073950cc150c92b87610b420.JPG

DSC00929.thumb.JPG.3323b9a15a4531c16326958666d3f578.JPG

 

119638914_10158118542043248_5677123312010201050_n.jpg.c33dca949c2bf6e47c2cd14501a22f4f.jpg

119704627_10158118542263248_4898559728122951100_n.jpg.3aaa33e2fea2840ea46725608d3f3893.jpg

 

119883986_10158118542358248_2833398398273487424_n.jpg.3e1a88cbb6b2d89c9b27cdd3aff562e2.jpg

 

119935125_10158118542548248_431416519715560729_n.jpg.90620d07265aaae304925f113536590e.jpg

 

 

Pro. finish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Yuge horns Stump, they look great.    

 And you grew your hair back!!! Can I have the secret too please.              .758471326_Stumpshair_LI.jpg.d160a1bfa1d0f99a36cfc53e6a6f9cb0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites


I must get around to painting my LK1s but that would mean taking them out of the system.

 

Fancy a small side project Stump?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stump said:

Thanks

I have to make do with my narrow room.. The guy who built the boxes also did the ESD Acoustics Dragon Series Horn ? If I knew before hand I would have had them wrapped in carbon fiber.. Getting there slowly..

Stump

 

test fit is ok for Japanese Standards 

429C28BD-08B3-4D15-B482-56D34C6A88D7.thumb.jpeg.2479a765819663786ddba12539020f17.jpeg

Hello, E, great looking room mate. Have you got a small step ladder to get up and change your vinyl over?:smile: They look like Stuart's [SGR] stands too.:thumb:

 

Cheers,

 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites


44 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Hello, E, great looking room mate. Have you got a small step ladder to get up and change your vinyl over?:smile: They look like Stuart's [SGR] stands too.:thumb:

 

Cheers,

 

Keith

Thanks Keith

The further the cart is from my elbow the better.SGR racks all round.I love the original style..

Eamonn

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Batty said:

I must get around to painting my LK1s but that would mean taking them out of the system.

 

Fancy a small side project Stump?

Unfortunately the friend who painted them is flat out.Did me a favor to get it done..

Cheers Stump 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, logarhythm said:

Very nice!

 

PS @mwhouston been trying to message you, clear your inbox...

Inbox is %20....

Link to post
Share on other sites


Looks great E'. Can't wait to have a listen. It's been a long wait for ya but all the more to look forward to. Enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG...... you take DIY to a whole different level.....         absolutely beautiful build  combined with a can - do belief.      Keep going.... loving it !

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/09/2020 at 1:41 PM, Batty said:

I must get around to painting my LK1s but that would mean taking them out of the system.

 

Fancy a small side project Stump?

Ha, I totally get this issue. Run into it all the time  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...