• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The equipment you spend thousands on last for years, maybe decades. A $50 record you buy can last for a century or more. Even at the cheapest rate of $25 a month you're paying $300 a year. Ten years o

I pay $23.99 a month and I think that is a bargain ! 

Spend thousands on equipment, gods knows how much on vinyl or whatever you use, and Tidal is too much? you can’t  buy a carton of beer for what it costs , rant over.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, awayward said:

I got billed $23.99 for Tidal Hi Fi three days ago.

I let my account lapse as I was away and not using it. Just went to reinstall payment and stung an extra fee.

They can shove it!

17 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

I let my account lapse as I was away and not using it. Just went to reinstall payment and stung an extra fee.

They can shove it!

I might have seconds thoughts also at that price, although it does depend how much you use it. I use it for hours everyday so I think $9 a week is acceptable, one beer at a pub can cost that much.

Edited by awayward

I did a trial for 30 days and didn’t know (it was never stated) that if you do not cancel you ended up paying the mth ahead. 

I sent an email complaint and got nothing. I will never use them ever again!

Edited by hugo_wilco

Sheesh!

$35 per month. Tell them  they are dreaming.

Despite cancelling my tidal subscription via their website, they still decided to charge me another month. Despite numerous emails back and forth, they refused to refund me. It took about 60 seconds on paypal to get my money back. Bye bye tidal. Sticking with Qobuz now. Exclusively 

21 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Despite cancelling my tidal subscription via their website, they still decided to charge me another month. Despite numerous emails back and forth, they refused to refund me. It took about 60 seconds on paypal to get my money back. Bye bye tidal. Sticking with Qobuz now. Exclusively 

Qobuz, how do you sign up to that? Is there a phone app similar to Spotify or tidal?

2 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

Qobuz, how do you sign up to that? Is there a phone app similar to Spotify or tidal?

You can side load the app if on Android.For details on how to get Qobuz this is what I did:

18 hours ago, DavBiggs said:

I just had a look, the $35 is for the family Hifi plan, it’s still $24 for a single user Hifi plan.

Good luck!

The only price I can seem to get is $35 for a single.user.

20 hours ago, hugo_wilco said:

I did a trial for 30 days and didn’t know (it was never stated) that if you do not cancel you ended up paying the mth ahead. 

I sent an email complaint and got nothing. I will never use them ever again!

In fairness, this is pretty standard practice for any service with a free trial period and there is a pretty good chance you agreed to it when you signed on for the trial in the first place.

I just checked my account and they took September payment late last week and it was $24.70 for the same level of yours Joe. I enjoy my Tidal streaming but would also have to seriously  rethink $35.00 a month though.

Cheers,

Keith

At that price I would cancel in a heart beat!

I still question my sanity every time I see the monthly $24 deducation. A price increase might be the motivation I need to cancel this non essential service.

I'm not allowed to cancel Stan, Netflix, YT or Amazon Prime.

Edited by dolphy

Beyonce must want another diamond necklace...  Mine is still old rate $23.99, but $35 is way too much for what it is IMO.

3 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

The only price I can seem to get is $35 for a single.user.

This isn't the Apple surcharge at play is it? I've seen other conversations where people pay extra for services by purchasing through Apple rather than directly. I don't use Tidal so can't say for sure, but just wondered....

3 minutes ago, davm said:

This isn't the Apple surcharge at play is it? I've seen other conversations where people pay extra for services by purchasing through Apple rather than directly. I don't use Tidal so can't say for sure, but just wondered....

Hmmm, I’m using an Apple phone and trying to pay through the phone app.

14 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

Apple phone

My brother told me that in the UK, Tidal is six quid a month more if you go through the app store. That's over ten bucks.

Wish they had a pause subscription button  like you tube premium  im  not using it much at the moment     looks like one needs to cancel then sign up again     

Edited by david j

Spend thousands on equipment, gods knows how much on vinyl or whatever you use, and Tidal is too much? you can’t  buy a carton of beer for what it costs , rant over.

14 minutes ago, jim13 said:

I’ve been away for work with no phone reception and the equivalent of dial up Wi-Fi for close to 9 weeks.
I’ve come home wanted to reconnect my tidal account but I think the $10 extra is a rip.

Im not in the habit paying for what I am not going to use.

If you are, I’m more than happy to give you my details and maybe you can help me out with payment.. 👍🏻

started using Amazon music. had a limited version with my Amazon Prime.  on a trial version for unlimited and compared it to the buggy Tidal. sounds the same but doesn’t have the buffering issue. will cancel my Tidal subscription today.

I joined Third Man Records' vault subscription and turns out they give you a discount on tidal, getting it down to $6/mth (though this may be USD).

@Hydrology- thanks for the tip - will be checking out Qobuz this afternoon..