WITHDRAWN: EOI: TAD Evolution One - Piano Black

Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Glen Iris
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: Hanging up the Hifi boots for a while

Further information: TAD Evolution One - Piano Black

I have battled with selling these for over 2 years now. I purchased them, and literally fired them up for a few months before we moved house. The idea in the new house was the second living area was to be my personal 'audio room'. My partner got me hook line and sinker as she used that as the bait to get me to agree to the house, but on moving in the simple fact that the room borders our master bedroom, and the 2 children's rooms meant that any time i usually listen to music (when everyone else is in bed!) was a completely ridiculous idea. After the first weekend of complaints all round, i raised the white flag and the room has not been used since. The room has now become the children's play room ?  ?  ?

I moved the equipment to our small shared lounge, but equipment of this calibre shouldn't be used in such a compromised setting. I moved the equipment back to the other room and put it under wraps. Every now and then i fire it up, but it is very rare due to the effort of setting everything up. The logical thing to do was to sell the gear until circumstances changed, but this has proved harder than i thought. The combination of the Devialet 1000, the TAD E1's and a full Acrolink loom is absolutely end game. I have done a cracking job at smashing the hifi merry go round over the years, and after trying pretty much everything, and spending a truckload on the way through, i decided to do the job properly once and for all. I had always held TAD in high esteem and assumed it was end game gear so i had a crack at it. It didn't disappoint let me tell you! It is the first time i have owned something and thought i'm finally done and reached my destination. Back to listening and enjoying music, instead of trying different components and speakers every other weekend.

I've had the pleasure of owning TAD CR1's and E1's, both Andrew Jones masterpieces. The CR1's were/are mind blowing, very special beasts. You can seriously be happy forever with either, but if i had to explain the differences, the E1 goes lower with greater heft and weight on the bottom. The CR1 has a slightly more transparent top end, with the E1's being ever so more forgiving. On perfect recordings the CR1's bring tears to your eyes, but are ruthless on anything less. The E1's do a greater job as all rounders on a range of material. I've included pictures of both together so you get a sense of how these E1's are direct descendants of the Reference series TAD's.

The E1's are so beautifully coherent from top to bottom. You haven't heard bass till you've heard these puppies. It is fast, dynamic, and thunderous like no other. No overhang whatsoever, and your house will shake. The mids and highs to die for. Such energy, excitement, dynamism and emotion.

I genuinely love these things, selling these is like selling one of my children! If/when i come back to hifi, i will go straight for TAD. If i have the appropriate house i will try for the R1's (funds allowing), if my floors can't handle 300kg's i'll look for some E1's! I prefer these over the newer E1's as these are direct descendants of the R1/CR1's (Reference series) as you can see by the amazing sculpted shape and top cowling of the speaker. The new E1's in comparison look like simple boxes, and merely a bigger ME1 as opposed to a scaled down R1. 

I will also list my high end Acrolink cables which are a perfect mate for these speakers. The combo of the Devialet 1000 with the special SAM profile for these speakers, along with Acrolink cables is mind blowing.

I have all of the original shipping boxes and materials, including all of the inserts, manuals, accessories (spikes etc) and the speakers are as new. You will feel as if you'd bought new.

If you have not seen TAD's before, the finish on them is seriously second to none. The piano black on these is exquisite. Trust me, you want these in the black, the other faux veneer look/finish is awful.

I have always kept the speaker grills on, but included a couple of pictures without so you get the idea. I've always felt pictures do not do these justice, you need to see these in the flesh as they are drop dead gorgeous :)

Photos:

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

14.jpeg

15.jpeg

16.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Darren69 said:

Buy them now, put them either side of your system and never look at speakers in the classifieds again. I’ve never seen Armaguard following a hearse.

Haha the problem is I will still look at classifieds ???

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

These are the exact speaker that compelled me to sell my Wilson Audio Sasha loudspeakers and purchase the TAD Reference 1 after the Andrew Jones demo at the hifi show a few years ago.

Believe me, these things are something else or were to my ears anyway.

Certainly end game or a stepping stone to Reference 1 budget permitting.

Edited by Yamaha_man
  • Like 3

Gorgeous speakers and I'd want to keep them if it were me. Given the potential $ loss from selling them, how viable would it be to get some serious sound proofing - acoustic insulation, mass loaded vinyl, double drywall, sound proof doors etc. and be able to listen when the family is sleeping? 

If it's not a viable option, GLWTS. 

3 hours ago, TDX said:

Haha the problem is I will still look at classifieds ???

Haha i'm no different! I'm a hawk at the classifieds. Only difference now though is most of my money has been going on over priced records instead of equipment!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BenBenBen said:

Gorgeous speakers and I'd want to keep them if it were me. Given the potential $ loss from selling them, how viable would it be to get some serious sound proofing - acoustic insulation, mass loaded vinyl, double drywall, sound proof doors etc. and be able to listen when the family is sleeping? 

If it's not a viable option, GLWTS. 

Just not an option unfortunately. Believe me, i have agonised over this decision for over 2 years now. Finally time to bite the bullet.

57 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

These are the exact speaker that compelled me to sell my Wilson Audio Sasha loudspeakers and purchase the TAD Reference 1 after the Andrew Jones demo at the hifi show a few years ago.

Believe me, these things are something else or were to my ears anyway.

Certainly end game or a stepping stone to Reference 1 budget permitting.

C'mon Joe.  buy them for your HT system. they would sound great as rear speakers :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cannot recommend the seller enough. Bought my CR-1's from him and they were in as new condition, everything from the packaging through to the accessories was meticulously cared for.

As Darren pointed out - he's also a top bloke. 

It's also worth pointing out that the black on black color is a limited edition, and therefore rare. 

Buy with confidence! 

Edited by Galactic Soap

6 minutes ago, progladyte said:

Seriously nice looking set of speakers. GLWTS!

Their looks are nothing in comparison to their performance.

As I said, I sold my Wilson Audio Sasha’s after listening to the Andrew Jones demo with these speakers at the hifi show many years ago, they are really that impressive. 

15 hours ago, wikeeboy said:

Just not an option unfortunately. Believe me, i have agonised over this decision for over 2 years now. Finally time to bite the bullet.

Ouch - GLWTS and I'm sure they'll go to someone where they can sing to their heat's content. 

44 minutes ago, BenBenBen said:

Ouch - GLWTS and I'm sure they'll go to someone where they can sing to their heat's content. 

35 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Do they run particularly hot?......Joe? I thought they were passive.O.o

Cheers,

Keith

I think his name is Ben big fella ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1