4k/8k Projector screen purchase

HI  I am looking at purchaning a  16:9  110" projector screen for my benq w2700 projector i have narrowed it down to these 3

screens does anybody know which would be the better screen  i was looking at the grandview as my choice but have heard they are made in china so i am not sure of the quality any help would be highly appreciated 

Grandview Edge 8K Premium Fixed Frame Projection Screen $1549 china made

Majestic Fixed Screen w Evo Ultra 4K & Fidelio Velvet frame $1750   aussie made

•  

Encore CineVue 4K Fixed Screen $950 aussie made

Edited by helious7

If you have restricted budget the selby screen will get you out of trouble. However they are made in china, not here. Selby don't manufacture cinema screens.

There are only 3 screen manufacturers in Australia - Screen technics, Oz Theatre Screens and a WA screen builder called dynamic screens. No others. the rest are chinese or imports from other countries - stewart screens, draper etc.

• Like 1

Yeah I'd recommend the Oz Theatre ones. I can't comment on the Screen Technics fixed screens, but unfortunately my first screen was a ST drop down screen. A waste of money. Not very flat. They replaced it under warranty, but the replacement wasn't much better. Definitely my most regretted purchase to date...

1 hour ago, Mobe1969 said:

Yeah I'd recommend the Oz Theatre ones. I can't comment on the Screen Technics fixed screens, but unfortunately my first screen was a ST drop down screen. A waste of money. Not very flat. They replaced it under warranty, but the replacement wasn't much better. Definitely my most regretted purchase to date...

Yes it's hard to get them flat without side tensioning or LP Morgan's radial cut method which seemed to work ok. not perfect but better than not having it.

my very basic 2 cents.. the screen seems to be a priority for some but dont forget the area/room the screen is placed in.

as you are running a benq you really need to watch the room colour. no good if the walls/ceiling around your expensive screen are a light colour, not flat.