AMC Integrated Amps - any good?

Hi everyone...am looking for a sub $1000 integrated amp. 

Does anyone currently own/have listened to the current crop of AMC integrated amps - XIA 30/50/100/150?

There are no real reviews I can find of the XIA's, only a few of the previous generations/models.

There are plenty of places now selling them starting at $399 - https://www.rio.com.au/brand/amc/

There are some murky references to past NAD influences and current description of 'latest range with state of the art build quality and a design reliability philosophy'. They appear to be produced in Taiwan.

Anyone listened to/cracked one open and looked inside?

Appreciate any insights.

thanks!!

I'm into vintage, $1000- would get you a refurb'd yamaha CA-1000 and almost nab you a CA-1010 or CA-2010. Then there's the vintage amps from pioneer, marantz, kenwood,,,. Hard to go past a new amp for $400 unless of course if it sounds like cr@p. Will follow thread with interest...

Previously had a 3050A purchased back in late 90's. Still going, elder brother uses for another system in his house.

I had it when it was driving Richter Excalibur speakers, did the job.

Very good phono stage.  Great amps for the money.

• Like 1

Guest Mr Thorens

I’ve had the AMC XIA30 amp. It was good. Well constructed, decent parts, good finish, decent sound. Excellent value for that money. 

Edited by Mr Thorens

Update on my search for a review of the AMC XIA range...only one I could find was from a german publication 'stereoplay'. It's for the XIA 150, not sure how long ago it was published. Some screen grabs from the article attached. I didn't take German at high school, so apologies for the bad Google translations...

IMG_2931.PNG

IMG_2933.PNG

IMG_2932.PNG

IMG_2934.PNG

• 2 years later...

well, here we are 2 1/2 years later and there are still very few reviews out there. Did you end up buying one?

I came upon them when looking into high current integrated amps ('Im a user of electrostatics so I need high current and stable amps. These are advertised as high current, notably all the ones on ebay. They are far cheaper than other high current amps, relative to power output, and one of the few brands to offer big power, the sort of power a martin logan likes for example/.  Audio Analogue is a much more exie maker of high current amps, but of course they might sound better ?