FS: Mober DC Motor Speed Control PSU Kit for Linn LP12

Item Condition: NEW
Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Cheltenham
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT or Paypal +fee
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Just like legendary "Little Deuce Coupe" the Beach Boys sang about with a souped-up motor concealed under its hood, you can do the same with your LP12 turntable ! 

Up for grab is new (in a box) Mober DC motor upgrade kit for Linn LP12. Background story to this , It was a toss-up between Lingo 4 and Mober DC. I decided to go with the Mober DC as i am not ready to spend on Lingo 4 to upgrade my old Linn LP12 which was built in the 70s. So I bought a few of these kits from H.K to try out.  After upgrading with Mober DC I was gobsmacked by the improvement it made to overall performance of my Linn LP12. Music flows effortless, fluid and the DC motor was dead quite (when no music is playing, placing my ear almost touching the plinth). Bass is tighter and more importantly now speed is stable and accurate 33rpm/45rpm. Previously, on Valhalla PSU and original AC motor i can hear tempo of the music is inconsistent (fluctuates). You can check speed using mobile app or handheld tachometer, or old school light strobe. 

Here is one of many independent reviews on Mober DC kit you can find on google https://www.hifiaf.com/installing-mober-dc-motor-kit/

What's included in the Mober DC kit :

• 1 x Installation and user manual.
  • 1 x Mober DC Speed Control Unit (Black ) 

• 1 x Mober DC Motor with mounting screws.
  • 1 x Tachometer with mounting bracket and screw.
  • 1 x Cable management.
  • 1 x Mober Badge
  • 1 x Sticker 16 Point Marker Ring
  • 1 x Communication cable between DC motor/Tachometer and Mober Control Unit.

Excluded : IEC Power cable. You can use standard 3 pin kettle cord or upgrade to Isotek IEC cables.

Note : Mober DC Speed Control kit installation takes about 2-3 Hours to complete. Well, you cant go anywhere during stage 4 lock down anyway ! 

My recommendation is to use a LP12 turntable jig or any DIY jig to complete the installation. If you don't have a jig, please contact me i might be able to help. I have completed quite a few Linn LP12 upgrade /modification if you need any help, please contact me I am happy to assist via zoom or Watsapp.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

IMG_7184.JPG.8e83792fd18bb8364693ef5e2e9a5e4f.jpg

IMG_7191.JPG.8f983ed9ef37a5bc5d69518d3f32abaf.jpg

• Like 1

Easy to fit and quite a few members here have them now if any potential buyer needs both help and advice I'm sure it'll be offered just ask.

*I took the seat off a kitchen chair and sat the chair on the kitchen table to put my Mober in and 2 or so hours is about right. Vast improvement and the ability to adjust the rpm is fantastic.

GLWTS.