Help with identifying cartidges

I have inherited a couple of cartridges in recent times - the green stylus is from an AT 1503 mk 2 tonearm and the red is from a Lenco L75.   No markings on either so I was wondering if anyone here might recognise these.  Are they any good, and if so, what replacement stylus for each?

Thanks for your help.

download (5).png

download (6).png

download (4).png

download (3).png

download (2).png

download (1).png

download.png

Edited by smav
New photos uploaded

The pictures are a bit small to see the detail which can help with the ID, any chance of some bigger ones? 

Many cartridges have writing on the top, is there any on these? 

Edit:  More pictures were uploaded, which is appreciated (see post below). 

Edited by audiofeline

Hi

The green is an Audio Technica. Green usually meant an elliptical stylus - standard bonded .3x.7 or there abouts from memory so I think it is an AT11E. That would make it from around the early to mid 80s maybe. I know I was selling them in the early 80s at any rate.

The red I am thinking looks Sansui-ish, maybe around the mid 70s to early 80s. If you notice, the cartridge body from the red stylus has a hole in it which the stylus covers when it is fitted. My memory says that there were versions of this which had a magnet in the hole and that these were then induced magnet versions and the stylus had a bit of metal fitted to it as part of this design. 

Are they any good? Well you probably can't get genuine part replacement stylii for them so you will have to be satisfied with a copy of dubious quality and performance.

For the AT11e you could try this but for $60 and a copy with a conical diamond I probably wouldn't bother

https://www.soundring.com.au/soundring-d603sr-round-stylus/

Nearest I can find for the red one is -

https://www.soundring.com.au/soundring-d492sr-round-stylus/

Again $60 and a copy. This is the MM version. There are 2 IM (induced magnet) versions too. All used in quite a few brands and models of turntables. I can't guarantee 100% correct ID on this one either.

I wouldn't bother with either because, for about $90 you can pick up a new Audio Technica AT VM95E which you can upgrade the stylus to nude elliptical, Shibata or Micro Linear or even go to a spherical if you needed to, all with the same cartridge body.

• Like 2

Glad to offer useful advice. If you go for the new cartridge, make sure it is the AT VM95E which is the newer model to the AT95E (which is still a good cartridge and there may still be some stock of it around) as the VM series gives you the stylus upgrade options and seems to be getting good user reviews.

• Like 1

I believe that the new AT95 series styli will fit the old AT95 body, if you trim a bit of plastic away from the stylus mount. 

The AT3600L is ultra-cheap from eBay, with performance very similar to the AT95 carts, it comes with a conical stylus.  It's good for a second headshell/cart to play damaged records with, but some feel the quality is so good it competes favourabley with mid-level carts.  Don't be put off by the price, it's cheap because it's an OEM-only cart. 

I actually own a couple of the AT3600L cartridges, I buy used albums pretty regularly and don’t always bother to clean them before playing.  I agree with you, it really is a great sounding cartridge.